OT: - Carolina Fans in Whalers Gear ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Carolina Fans in Whalers Gear ?

Carolina Hurricane Fans wearing Whalers gear? ??

• Yes its good

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • No it's not

Votes: 78 67.2%

• Total voters

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
How old Whalers fans could be dumped at the altar and then become a Canes fan is beyond my comprehension. Do you pine after old girlfriends that dumped you as well? I was a Patriots fan until the Hartford/UConn fiasco. They toyed with my Husky emotions, so I've written them off completely. Hate them now. That's what you do when you've been wronged.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know that it bothers me they use the Whalers logo but I think it's weird. There are bad feelings between the former and current home. I would guess there are very, very few ex-Whaler fans who jumped in and have followed Carolina since leaving. And I feel like it takes away from building the history and presence of their own brand. Only thing I can think is they know the popularity of the logo and it sells them extra merch but not sure how Carolina would possibly profit off that.
Because it's still a popular jersey. It still outsells some current team jerseys. So they play up the merchandising angle. How many non-existent teams still have their own shop? Hartford Whalers Gear, Whalers Jerseys, Hartford Whalers Clothing, Whalers Pro Shop, Hockey Apparel | NHL Shop

As a Whaler fan turned Sharks fan turned Bruins fan, about to move to S. Carolina part time, I'm still not rooting for that team. I have nothing against the Hornets or Panthers.

Reaction Score
How old Whalers fans could be dumped at the altar and then become a Canes fan is beyond my comprehension. Do you pine after old girlfriends that dumped you as well? I was a Patriots fan until the Hartford/UConn fiasco. They toyed with my Husky emotions, so I've written them off completely. Hate them now. That's what you do when you've been wronged.
Totally agree. I stopped following the Patriots after that fiasco as well. I could never be a Canes' fan and I even hate to see blue/green color scheme used n Hockey. Forget the Canes. Hopefully, Rangers finish them off on Thursday.

Reaction Score
I hate the Canes, and yet if they played one game a year at the XL wearing Whalers jerseys against the Bruins or Rangers I think that would be fascinating. Maybe a playoff game every 5-10 years. It would be their sister city. Same with Colorado and Quebec City.
A way for the NHL to repair the damage to fans from that city who had their team taken.

Reaction Score
I don't follow the NHL since we lost the Whalers, but it still annoys me to see the Hurricanes win. And I want Boston to lose as well.

Reaction Score
I hate the Canes, and yet if they played one game a year at the XL wearing Whalers jerseys against the Bruins or Rangers I think that would be fascinating. Maybe a playoff game every 5-10 years. It would be their sister city. Same with Colorado and Quebec City.
A way for the NHL to repair the damage to fans from that city who had their team taken.
I think they’d get booed more than cheered.

Reaction Score
Sure. And I'll invite my ex girlfriend over to sleep in my bed with her new husband on the same night for a complete kick to the bag.

Reaction Score
I don’t like it. But voted yes it’s good. Anything that promotes the brand is fine in my book. Even tho I die a little bit inside seeing it as presented in this scenario.

Reaction Score
What are horrible time the mid to late 90’s were for CT /New England sports fans. 97 whalers gone. 98 failed Patriots bid fiasco. Red Sox and patriots hadn’t won anything and the Yankees were winning everything in sight. I took an absolute beating in middle school and high school from all the NY fans. Fortunately 1999 came along and the worm turned.

Reaction Score
Sure. And I'll invite my ex girlfriend over to sleep in my bed with her new husband on the same night for a complete kick to the bag.
Maybe the new husband goes to bed early?

Reaction Score
Chris Kreider snatched the Canes souls and made a 6 year old fan cry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom