Career Scoring Projections | The Boneyard

Career Scoring Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here are three projections using a very simple, not necessarily accurate approach--extrapolating forward based on their careers so far.

Stef: 783 points to date. Double that would be 1,566. (I think she'll exceed that.) That puts her in the group with Jen Rizzotti and Swin Cash.

Bria: 1,005 points to date. Double that would be 2,010. That puts her in between Renee and Rebecca.

Kaleena: 569 points to date. Quadruple that is 2,276. That puts her in with Nykesha and Tina.

I think Bria and Kaleena, if healthy, join the 2,000 point club. Stay healthy!

Notice that all past players listed were AAs, and some were NPOYs.

Reaction Score
If you take into consideration we only have 11 players this year... Tiffany has graduated.... I would not be surprised If Bria, Stef, and Kaleena all averaged roughly 25+ minutes this year. I think Geno might see what can happen if Bria is moved to the 2 with Jefferson on point. Also, see about the combo of Stef and Breanna... With the additional post players there will be a greater availability to feed in and move the ball around the hoop. I could easily see each scoring 500-600 points this season.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I still can't get over how spoiled I was watching Maya. It is RIDICULOUS how many points she scored. At such a good program, with relatively few minutes. And she probably could have had a few hundred more had Geno played her more in blowouts.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Count on Kaleena for 650+ points this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I still can't get over how spoiled I was watching Maya. It is RIDICULOUS how many points she scored. At such a good program, with relatively few minutes. And she probably could have had a few hundred more had Geno played her more in blowouts.
Maya's name shows up in this list a few times:

MOST POINTS IN A SEASON
1. 868 ---------Maya Moore, 38 games, 2010-11
2. 754 ---------Maya Moore, 39 games, 2008-09
3. 736 ---------Maya Moore, 39 games, 2009-10
4. 708 -------- Tina Charles, 39 games, 2009-10
5. 694 -------- Kara Wolters, 37 games, 1995-96
6. 680 -------Kerry Bascom, 34 games, 1990-91
7. 678 ---------Maya Moore, 38 games, 2007-08
8. 663 ------- Diana Taurasi, 37 games, 2002-03
9. 656 -------Kerry Bascom, 29 games, 1988-89
10. 644 Renee Montgomery, 39 games, 2008-09

Reaction Score
I'm with you on that, Kib.
I'm not so sure. We're adding three new scorers. Unlike last year we'll have a great scoring bench that KML will have to share the points with.
Still, I wouldn't be surprised by 649, ha!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure. We're adding three new scorers. Unlike last year we'll have a great scoring bench that KML will have to share the points with.
Still, I wouldn't be surprised by 649, ha!

My prediction was for 650 PLUS. Kaleena is the deadliest shooter in wcbb and she will get lots of looks, from beyond the arc and when posting up a smaller defender.

Over a 39 game season, she needs to average only 14.1 ppg to reach 650. And she will have a few 35-40 point games. My projection is conservative.

Reaction Score
My prediction was for 650 PLUS. Kaleena is the deadliest shooter in wcbb and she will get lots of looks, from beyond the arc and when posting up a smaller defender.

Over a 39 game season, she needs to average only 14.1 ppg to reach 650. And she will have a few 35-40 point games. My projection is conservative.

Ok, you convinced me.
Mostly I wanted to make the point about an overpowering scoring bench.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

Kib - Not sure what you mean by the "deadliest" shooter in WCBB. If you mean the most accurate there are probably 100 other players that might disagree.

I think that KML could blow by the projected number if she can eliminate some of the shooting slumps that she had last year.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What I mean by "deadliest" is my opinion that she is better at tossing the ball in the basket than any other wcbb player. Other observers, posters, players, coaches or fans may disagree. I believe she is the best with a special talent from beyond the arc.

I attribute her occasional mild slumps to being a freshman.

When this girl gets "in the zone," she is simply lights out.

I won't debate this in a back-and-forth. I have expressed my opinion, I respect those who disagree, and let's see how the season proceeds to see who's right.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What I mean by "deadliest" is my opinion that she is better at tossing the ball in the basket than any other wcbb player. ... I believe she is the best with a special talent from beyond the arc....

Consider what we may be treated to this year when it is harder to over compensate defensively against because of the other threats on the team. :D

Reaction Score
Kaleena is the deadliest shooter in wcbb
You must br kidding. She shot 43% overall and 38% from three last year. Just how does that come close to deadliest shooter in wcbb?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
You must br kidding. She shot 43% overall and 38% from three last year. Just how does that come close to deadliest shooter in wcbb?

I think we both had trouble interpreting the comment. I understood it as a statement of fact when it was really just the poster's opinion.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What I mean by "deadliest" is my opinion that she is better at tossing the ball in the basket than any other wcbb player. Other observers, posters, players, coaches or fans may disagree. I believe she is the best with a special talent from beyond the arc.

I won't debate this in a back-and-forth. I have expressed my opinion, I respect those who disagree, and let's see how the season proceeds to see who's right.
naysayers-gonna-naysay.jpg

Reaction Score

I watched Uconn play in Syracuse last year. On one possession the shot clock was right down and (for goodness knows what reason) the ball had been passed to Kaleena deep in the corner, just in front of the Syracuse bench. She had a defender right close on her. The type of 'too close' that defenders will get when their coach has told them 'I don't care what else happens, but do not let Kaleena shoot the three.' Kaleena shot the ball as if there was no bother at all, as if she was taking a perfectly reasonable shot. Regarding the team offence, this was a bailout shot resulting from an offensive set that hadn't gone anywhere. And as the shot swished through, I immediately thought of... Diana Taurasi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom