Captain Andrew Adams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Captain Andrew Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was a stop on third and 9 in a crucial situation. I would've sent him back to the lockeroom. I don't know if he would've played for me again this year.

Don't know about gone for season, but definitely should have been benched.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
On the upside, he showed a better leg than Tarbutt.

Really. Maybe he can reach the end zone regularly on ko/s

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
This guy was made captain? By who? That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my time watching football. Of course he follows it up by dropping an int. just pathetic.
. Yes, it was terribly srupid, but it was in the heat of the moment and I guarantee he was made to understood that he cost 7s dearly. It is a game played by 18-21 year olds and all we are is over the hill fans

Reaction Score
Thankfully, when I was 22, none of my stupidity was on display as it is for kids who play football on this stage.

Carry on.......

Reaction Score
TOAa0UX.png

Ok so maybe a angry mob of Husky fans would be a little overboard. Diaco and the other coaches have to find a way to get these players to keep from shooting themselves in the foot. So far the Huskies have been in every game they've played, could have won everyone of them if it wasn't for a momentary lapse of reason(stole that from Pink Floyd but so what) or two. Maybe sitting Adams for a half would send a message but, they need wins desperately so all hands should be on deck. Punish him some other way other than hurting the rest of the team by denying the best possible unit on the field at all times. The difference between this year and next year could be the amount of common sense used on the field, maturity.

Reaction Score
Whats done is done, it was stupid and we have all done things without thinking. Refs are ridiculous and don't let players play with emotion, our players should know how sensitive these refs are after the Nova game.

Thank you Scoe. It was dumb, especially considering how stupid and inept so many refs are out there, can't take a chance. But that was hardly a passionate kick or one that should have been called for a 15 yarder. Maybe "delay of game" at the worst but this ref overreacted I think. Watching the Clemson/ND game last night and #2 on Clemson wagging his finger in front of ND receivers all night until finally warned (why warned and no flags?) and Boulware the LBer standing over people yapping after tackles and no flags, to think they called Adams penalty is ridiculous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thank you Scoe. It was dumb, especially considering how stupid and inept so many refs are out there, can't take a chance. But that was hardly a passionate kick or one that should have been called for a 15 yarder. Maybe "delay of game" at the worst but this ref overreacted I think. Watching the Clemson/ND game last night and #2 on Clemson wagging his finger in front of ND receivers all night until finally warned (why warned and no flags?) and Boulware the LBer standing over people yapping after tackles and no flags, to think they called Adams penalty is ridiculous.

The refs can't make up rules.

It's an obvious penalty and one the ref has to call if he wants to keep getting game assignments.

When I was officiating - every year we'd watch an NCAA training video
on what's Unsportsmanlike Conduct. By their definition it's everything.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thankfully, when I was 22, none of my stupidity was on display as it is for kids who play football on this stage.

Carry on..
. Yes, it was terribly srupid, but it was in the heat of the moment and I guarantee he was made to understood that he cost 7s dearly. It is a game played by 18-21 year olds and all we are is over the hill fans
Youth does not have a monopoly on stupidity. I can attest to that. Love how you guys imply you've moved past it.;)

Reaction Score
Can't be team captain. That's all. It's reserved for leaders with good heads on their shoulders. He'll be back playing with a vengeance.

Reaction Score
The refs can't make up rules.

It's an obvious penalty and one the ref has to call if he wants to keep getting game assignments.

When I was officiating - every year we'd watch an NCAA training video
on what's Unsportsmanlike Conduct. By their definition it's everything.

It was not an obvious penalty. Well it was a penalty, a delay of game and 5 yards. He didn't kick it hard and it wasn't because of a call or anger just reaction. BS call by a ref who overreacted, simple!

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It was not an obvious penalty. Well it was a penalty, a delay of game and 5 yards. He didn't kick it hard and it wasn't because of a call or anger just reaction. BS call by a ref who overreacted, simple!

There is a thing called a rule book. You can't just make up a delay of game penalty.

I'm not sure why you'd ignore someone who has been in the room, seen the NCAA training videos and been instructed in that fashion - but it's the Boneyard so reason be damned.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score

It was obvious. He kicked the ball once into the wall. They ignored that. When he kicked the rebound I to the stands, their hands were tied.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He mindlessly kicked the ball in the stands. Pretty harsh to strip a captaincy - it's not like he attacked a teammate on the sidelines or swung his helmet at an opponent.

Tough crowd.

Reaction Score
It was obvious. He kicked the ball once into the wall. They ignored that. When he kicked the rebound I to the stands, their hands were tied.

OMG I didn't see the ball kicked in the stands MY BAD. Only saw the one off the wall that's why I was wondering why everyone was so crazy about it. Dumb A** deserved the flag at a just awful time. Sorry about my position I was wrong.

Reaction Score
No spitting match here Jax, just a difference of opinion. Kind of like you saying all we are is over the hill fans. Not sure how you get to speak for we? As for the dumb, incompetent play of a captain, being 18-21 is no excuse for a fifth year senior who is supposed to be a coach on the field. You should be made aware that we send 18 year olds off to war with just a tad more responsibility on the line.
Diaco if to be taken serious should have given him pine time for the rest of the game and half of our next. That and a check-up from the neck-up by the medical staff. EVERY play in the game is important and the captains and upper classmen should be teaching this to the under classmen. A dead ball penalty is simply unacceptable at any level of play in football.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
No spitting match here Jax, just a difference of opinion. Kind of like you saying all we are is over the hill fans. Not sure how you get to speak for we? As for the dumb, incompetent play of a captain, being 18-21 is no excuse for a fifth year senior who is supposed to be a coach on the field. You should be made aware that we send 18 year olds off to war with just a tad more responsibility on the line.
Diaco if to be taken serious should have given him pine time for the rest of the game and half of our next. That and a check-up from the neck-up by the medical staff. EVERY play in the game is important and the captains and upper classmen should be teaching this to the under classmen. A dead ball penalty is simply unacceptable at any level of play in football.
I Rescind the "", that was probably unnecessary. That said, guys get dead ball personal fouls at every level of the game. It happens. You teach from it, and hope the player forever remembers he cost you a game. You don't bench really good players or strip captaincy, imo.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
OMG I didn't see the ball kicked in the stands MY BAD. Only saw the one off the wall that's why I was wondering why everyone was so crazy about it. Dumb A** deserved the flag at a just awful time. Sorry about my position I was wrong.

Yeah, he kicked the rebound and it was a shank that flew into the crowd. A personal foul every time.

Reaction Score
Guys, it was a brianfart. Let it go.
I agree with this. If the ball doesn't bounce to to the tip of Adams toe, he doesn't kick it. He wasn't seeking out the ball. It just came to him. His mind was off, he reacted. That said, it was stupid, stupid, stupid.

I do believe that if he was on Alabama or Ohio State the refs ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom