Can we hang onto our commits for eleven months? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we hang onto our commits for eleven months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I realize that the UConn world was great a year ago. Then, in close order the Athletic Department got hit with NCAA penalties, the Burton/Hathaway mess, a less than elegant dismissal of the AD, the conference issues and the APR issue. That's a lot of bad publicity to overcome; especially when presented to kid by another school's silver tongued recruiter.

The conference issue is what it is - losing the auto-win over Syracuse will make bowl-eligibility that much tougher, of course.

But do you really think any of the rest of that has any impact on football recruiting? I can't imagine a kid not considering UConn because he thinks we made a hash out of that Hathaway-Burton kerfuffle.

Reaction Score
The conference issue is what it is - losing the auto-win over Syracuse will make bowl-eligibility that much tougher, of course.

But do you really think any of the rest of that has any impact on football recruiting? I can't imagine a kid not considering UConn because he thinks we made a hash out of that Hathaway-Burton kerfuffle.

Separately, no, but a literate recruiter can make the cumulative effect sound like the sky is falling.

Reaction Score
Separately, no, but a literate recruiter can make the cumulative effect sound like the sky is falling.

You're over thinking this. Good recruiters will make their competition sound like crap regardless of what is going on.

Reaction Score
Good players want to go where they see other good players going. That's it.

You don't get every player you recruit to commit, and you don't get every commit to sign.

But good players, are going to want to go where they see other good players going. Whether it be junior days, unofficial visits, spring games, summer camps, official visits, commitmetns and signed letters, and competition on the playing field in the fall.

Good players are going to want to go where they see other good players going.

Reaction Score
Good players want to go where they see other good players going. That's it.

You don't get every player you recruit to commit, and you don't get every commit to sign.

But good players, are going to want to go where they see other good players going. Whether it be junior days, unofficial visits, spring games, summer camps, official visits, commitmetns and signed letters, and competition on the playing field in the fall.

Good players are going to want to go where they see other good players going.

Well, since you said it three times no point arguing it then.

Reaction Score

Conversely we can say we have a new, dynamic President, Athletic Director, Assertive Head Fund Raiser. There is a high level of achievement across the entire athletic department. The entire campus is new with more/new athletic facilities to be completed by 2014. We have a top 20 Public University which is only going to get more competative while citing 30k applicants for 3k slots...Like Pendergast said, UConn is hot right now! I see UConn becoming even more attractive in the future.

Reaction Score
both were given 3* by 247sports before they committed to uconn this weekend. people here need to start getting used to that site. they don't give us a great look becuase uconn fans aren't using it much. several fan bases have moved internet boards to ones at 247 recently and seem to be extremely happy about it. were one of the few on 247 that has no real home page with news or board. the capabilities are like here but u pay for good stuff etc. they are quickly becoming better than rivals as more people see whats up.

Fair point. I do look at 24/7. In fairness, it might also be nice if they reciprorcated and acknowledged we had 2 commits in our 13 class :cool: .

Reaction Score
Yup.......... and not only that, you're going to remember that lyrical prose and what it means forever now too.

FWIW, I didn't disagree with it. Just glad to know that if I make my point about our former head coach three times in succession, it then ends the debate!

Reaction Score
FWIW, I didn't disagree with it. Just glad to know that if I make my point about our former head coach three times in succession, it then ends the debate!

The three time repeat is powerful memory tool, but probalby doesn't stand up as a good basis for argument in a legal brief.......but oh no, you didn't go there...... for heaven's sake......

Can we get the powers that be to change the words "former head coach" and any other similar phrases, let alone the actual fore, and surnames to be changed into "Pabst Blue Ribbon", or something? Like the Syracuse / Tampa Bay thing?

"just glad to know that if I make my point about Pabst Blue Ribbon three times in succession, it then ends the debate?"

I like that better.

:)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I hear that if you look in the mirror and and say "Randyman" five times times, he appears.

Reaction Score
I hear that if you look in the mirror and say Pabst Blue Ribbon five times, it appears.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I hear that if you look in the mirror and say Pabst Blue Ribbon five times, it appears.

i thought if you say pabst blue ribon in the miror five times the tv show cops shows up at your house?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is why this board needs to be careful with talking about locals. in some threads things get way out of hand. this thread wasn't bad at all but just the topic made kids pay attention.

@ImSoFarSoGone
@HuskyfanDan I saw a post on the "boneyard" about keeping the commits. Just wanna assure you that I'm not even looking anywhere else #uconn

Reaction Score
You're over thinking this. Good recruiters will make their competition sound like crap regardless of what is going on.

True, but it's better if a school isn't loading the competition's 30-round magazines with "crap" bullets. Lies and similar BS can be countered with demonstrable truth and by calling attention to institutional/program benefits and features. "Truth" is hard to sell around because, to do it honestly, requires promises about the "after" i.e., reselling the dream.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Okay, the Randyman thing and the beer thing isn't working for me. I am highly upset.

What gives?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99