Can we get Everett Golson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
RedditCFB10:11am via Twitter for iPhone
#Vandy fan makes a pitch for Notre Dame's Everett Golson:
vandy golson.jpg

Reaction Score
Its Golson. I am not real sure that he is leaving Notre Dame, guys.

He graduates in May, so he would miss spring practice anywhere else.

That was mostly that idiot Rod Gilmore stirring the pot with nonsense. One example was when Golson looked to the sideline late in the game for the next play. Gilmore mistakenly reacted by proclaiming that he was looking to see if he was being pulled from the field.

Another time, ND fans booed what they thought was a bad spot. Gilmore instantly turned it into a "soap opera" (in his mind) about a QB controversy at ND, with Gilmore fueling an as yet non-existent fire.
I noticed this as well. He was just looking for the next play. Simple as that. Announcers blew that up.

Reaction Score
The kid had a couple of nice look offs last night and probably should have had a lot more during the year instead of many of his mistakes. His upside is huge though, talented kid with a great arm. Zaire, for a kid who ran mostly in HS, has an actual rocket and can run the ball. Tough choice for kelly but he should let Golson go if he's thinking Zaire - for his career!

Reaction Score
Seems like our biggest hope is that he is overreaching and doesn't find the middle ground between powers and us that would be available to him.

Reaction Score
The word is that Golson is looking at LSU, FSU, Alabama and Texas, among others. Florida is a possibility, too.

Reaction Score
Credit to 24/7, but EG may have an issue going to any SEC school - see (d)

CEa3HMMUMAE0599.png:large

I understand the AAC's by-laws read, "we'll take anyone from another school and let them play immediately if it increases our exposure."

Reaction Score
He took the year away from FB to rehabilitate himself academically. If he wasn't eligible and on track for graduation, why would Kelly have played him? I mean, Kelly and all ND FB players are angels and would never play someone just to win. Including players that have fake dead girlfriends, accused of sexual assault, etc....

FSU does not really need him. I think their back QB is better than Golson who was a TO machine post FSU game this year for ND. Same with Oregon. Stranger things have happened. Overall, Bobby D better be scouring all potential 5th years all over the field for some help for skill positions and the lines.

Golson graduated from ND.

Reaction Score
ESPN says that league will make it very difficult for him to go to SEC. Where else might he want to go? We now have two former NDers on staff who might be able to help. Certainly worth looking at.

Reaction Score
Hey according to this we basically have to just beat out LSU and Texas... and considering the luck Les Miles and Charlie Strong have had w/ QB's recently idk... Hey, crazier things have happened. http://athlonsports.com/college-football/15-teams-land-notre-dame-transfer-qb-everett-golson

Diaco would probably have to make a pretty immaculate pitch to Golson to get him here. Like the article notes, he would be an instant upgrade at a position the team has desperately needed for years. Shirrefs and Anderson would probably still have at least another couple years of eligibility to compete for the starting job down the road.

Reaction Score
Next to no chance but from his perspective he would be able to come in immediately and start. He would also have the chance to showcase his ability against some pretty solid teams like a Missouri, BYU, ECU, Cincy and UCF without having to go through the rigors of playing week-in-out against SEC defenses.

Reaction Score
ESPN says that league will make it very difficult for him to go to SEC. Where else might he want to go? We now have two former NDers on staff who might be able to help. Certainly worth looking at.

I read that, too, and almost hurt myself laughing. From ESPN -

"A waiver is possible, but not easily granted," a source said. The SEC's graduate transfer rule -- 14.1.15.1 -- states the student-athlete must meet seven criteria. Golson would not meet the fourth criteria, 14.1.15.1d, which states: "The student-athlete has not been subject to official university or athletics department disciplinary action at any time during enrollment at any previous collegiate institution [excluding limited discipline applied by a sports team]."

Golson has academic issues. Is that even a concern at most SEC schools? I mean, Alabama signed former Georgia player Johnathan Taylor though the guy was kicked-off the Bulldogs for an arrest on domestic violence charges (case pending). If a SEC team wants Golson, the rules be damned, he's going.

Reaction Score
His list includes UMASS !! I'm hoping that they are his safety, safety, safety school...... Not sure how this guy has schools ranging from UT (which ND will not release him for) to UMASS unless he has a feeling things could get sticky due to certain eligibility issues.

Reaction Score
Maybe Diaco has some poll since this Zaire kid is tearing it up...doesn't seem he'll go too high in the draft...why not tear it up in the American for his graduate year.
tearing up the AAC does not enhance his pro prospects. He will go to a P5 school.

Reaction Score
His list includes UMASS !! I'm hoping that they are his safety, safety, safety school. Not sure how this guy has schools ranging from UT (which ND will not release him for) to UMASS unless he has a feeling things could get sticky due to certain eligibility issues.

Think you may have heard/read that wrong?

>>Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Bruce Feldman of FOXSports.com reported overnight that Notre Dame will restrict its now-former quarterback from transferring to any opponent on its 2015 schedule. That means that Texas, which had been rumored as a potential destination, will not be in play for Golson.

The other 11 teams on ND’s 2015 slate include Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Navy, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Temple, UMass, USC, Virginia and Wake Forest. None of those teams had been rumored as possible transfer locales.

Additionally, Feldman reported, “some Big Ten programs” would be blocked as well.<<

Reaction Score

>>Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, Bruce Feldman of FOXSports.com reported overnight that Notre Dame will restrict its now-former quarterback from transferring to any opponent on its 2015 schedule. That means that Texas, which had been rumored as a potential destination, will not be in play for Golson.

The other 11 teams on ND’s 2015 slate include Boston College, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Navy, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Temple, UMass, USC, Virginia and Wake Forest. None of those teams had been rumored as possible transfer locales.

Additionally, Feldman reported, “some Big Ten programs” would be blocked as well.<<
It's a possibility (slim) as he gets blocked from basically the Big 10, SEC and all Notre Dame opponents. He would help get us get one foot out of the grave and maybe give us some momentum and national attention that carries forward. I cant believe Diaco isn't working OT for a shot at him.

Reaction Score

Definately. I read the article posted yesterday on Flipboard and they made no mention that those teams were on ND's schedule and quite frankly it's not important enough for me to even look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom