Can we get Everett Golson? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we get Everett Golson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In order for him to play right away at another school, he would have to graduate.
It's highly unlikely he would have enough credits since he was kicked out of ND for a year.

Reaction Score
In order for him to play right away at another school, he would have to graduate.
It's highly unlikely he would have enough credits since he was kicked out of ND for a year.
He took the year away from FB to rehabilitate himself academically. If he wasn't eligible and on track for graduation, why would Kelly have played him? I mean, Kelly and all ND FB players are angels and would never play someone just to win. Including players that have fake dead girlfriends, accused of sexual assault, etc....

FSU does not really need him. I think their back QB is better than Golson who was a TO machine post FSU game this year for ND. Same with Oregon. Stranger things have happened. Overall, Bobby D better be scouring all potential 5th years all over the field for some help for skill positions and the lines.

Reaction Score
@06029, spot on. If this team is so bereft of talent as some claim, then Diaco has to kick the tires on all available options to elevate that talent as quickly as possible. For a team that was down to about 60 scholarship players late in the year, he should be able to recruit full classes and pick up a band aid or two by way of graduate players.

FB has become almost totally QB driven. If you don't have a good one, there is little chance to have a good record.

Reaction Score
I don't think Huggins would even consider us anyways... I see him at BC or Buffalo or a FCS school next year...

Reaction Score
Golson's still a 100 times better than QB that we've had here, save CC... in the past 3 or 4 years... probably more.. I'll take his assertiveness, ability to run when needed, presence any day of the week in Storrs, if it was something we were seriously considering for 1 year.. 2015... We don't play the same level of competition as ND week in and week out... he could excel here.. for a season... my opinion....

Reaction Score
Hey BoatShow, why don't you come up with a better idea for a UConn QB because it's probably been the most difficult position to fill in college football for the last 10 years. It's not as far-fetched as you might think.
Yes it is. It is idiocy to think he would come here. Not as dumb as the guy who suggested Braxton Miller, but close.

No one is saying UConn does not need to improve the QB, but be realistic. If he wants to transfer he will have plenty of options and all of them will be better then coming to a 2 win program in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks Golson isn't a massive improvement upon any option we'll have next year is an idiot. Anyone who thinks Golson is coming here is a bigger idiot.

C'mon are you really serious Boat? You have to be an Irish hater not to think this kid is SO much better than anything we've had since DanO it's clouding your mind. You could only dream of that kid being in Storrs next year!

Reaction Score
Yes it is. It is idiocy to think he would come here. Not as dumb as the guy who suggested Braxton Miller, but close.

No one is saying UConn does not need to improve the QB, but be realistic. If he wants to transfer he will have plenty of options and all of them will be better then coming to a 2 win program in the AAC.
Most people that accomplish great things are often looked at as if they are unrealistic.

Gholson and Diaco know each other, is it a long shot? Of course, but it shouldn't be ruled out as idiotic. I had a few blowhards tell me the UAB QB would never come here because the likes of Texas and UCLA were involved. He ended up at South Alabama.

Reaction Score
Gotta throw in some Diaco reality here:
We are going to build this program the right way. There are no shortcuts. We are in this for the long haul. Blah blah blah....

Reaction Score
Its Golson. I am not real sure that he is leaving Notre Dame, guys.

He graduates in May, so he would miss spring practice anywhere else.

That was mostly that idiot Rod Gilmore stirring the pot with nonsense. One example was when Golson looked to the sideline late in the game for the next play. Gilmore mistakenly reacted by proclaiming that he was looking to see if he was being pulled from the field.

Another time, ND fans booed what they thought was a bad spot. Gilmore instantly turned it into a "soap opera" (in his mind) about a QB controversy at ND, with Gilmore fueling an as yet non-existent fire.

Reaction Score
C'mon are you really serious Boat? You have to be an Irish hater not to think this kid is SO much better than anything we've had since DanO it's clouding your mind. You could only dream of that kid being in Storrs next year!
Did you actually read my post? Like any part of it? At all?

Reaction Score
Its Golson. I am not real sure that he is leaving Notre Dame, guys.

He graduates in May, so he would miss spring practice anywhere else.

That was mostly that idiot Rod Gilmore stirring the pot with nonsense. One example was when Golson looked to the sideline late in the game for the next play. Gilmore mistakenly reacted by proclaiming that he was looking to see if he was being pulled from the field.

Another time, ND fans booed what they thought was a bad spot. Gilmore instantly turned it into a "soap opera" (in his mind) about a QB controversy at ND, with Gilmore fueling an as yet non-existent fire.
Who do you think the starter at ND is next year? Who has a checkered history at ND and would be replaced real quick with a competent younger QB?

Golston is now the back up QB. He had his shots with ND and regressed this year from 2 years ago.

If Golston thinks he can improve his shot at the NFL at a different school, he will go. I can't see him riding the bench at ND next season if he wants to play. Gilmore is a dick but I think someone whispered in his ear about this. He's not bright enough to come up with this himself.

Reaction Score
Did you actually read my post? Like any part of it? At all?

Hey did you change isn't from is? I blew it Boat - my bad - please accept my apology. Quick read before jumping on the hoop game.

Anyway he's not coming here but he's a load of talent. But Zaire is really really good too.

Reaction Score
Hey did you change isn't from is? I blew it Boat - my bad - please accept my apology. Quick read before jumping on the hoop game.

Anyway he's not coming here but he's a load of talent. But Zaire is really really good too.
No worries, my snarky response was fueled by hoops angst.

Reaction Score
No worries, my snarky response was fueled by hoops angst.

Wasn't snarky at all it was deserved for not paying attention to detail. I read that like UConn shot FT's LOL.......angst is not the word for me. They put a dent in the NY's celebration tonight with that pitiful performance on offense. Painful Boat, but we're still lucky to be Husky fans

Reaction Score

Zaire is good. The word is that redshirt freshman QB DeShone Kizer may be more talented than either Zaire or Golson.

There is also talk that incoming freshman Brandon Wimbush may be better than all of them.

So, ND is set at QB with three or four (if Golson stays) run/pass talented guys.

I just think it may be premature to assume that Golson is going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom