Camping Season for UConn | The Boneyard

Camping Season for UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sure he did. I'll bet anything that the difference b/w what's going to happen this month, compared to what was being done over the summers since 2006 in the new facilities will look like night and day.

No way to prove that, or demonstrate it. Just giving my opinion.

Reaction Score
Sure he did. I'll bet anything that the difference b/w what's going to happen this month, compared to what was being done over the summers since 2006 in the new facilities will look like night and day.

No way to prove that, or demonstrate it. Just giving my opinion.

Out of curiousity, why give an opinion on something that can't be proven, demonstrated or verified. What's the point? And what is the difference between that kind of an opinion and just making stuff up?

Reaction Score
BL, I think you've been on the board long enough to know Carl does his thing. No need to be a dick about it.

Reaction Score
BL, I think you've been on the board long enough to know Carl does his thing. No need to be a dick about it.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I do need a tissue.

Reaction Score
Heard nothing but crickets coming off these camps. Anything? Anyone? Dan? Bueller?

Reaction Score
Heard nothing but crickets coming off these camps. Anything? Anyone? Dan? Bueller?

Rivals reported the staff was impressed by a kid named Chris Cooper a DB from New Rochelle, NY

The 3 day camps are later in the month.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
these eca kids need to be sold on 1 thing. the facilities. they have the best in hs so they should want the best in college. we can deliver that. i think we may make some noise this next 2 weeks with a couple new england kids and some southern kids. some nyc kids are also coming to this i think.

pj

Reaction Score
Those ECA kids really like one another and seem to try to stick together. It would be fantastic if we can recruit a group of them this weekend.

Reaction Score
They should bring them in through the south side of campus past JO Christian Field. The facilities would look extremely impressive in that first sight of Shenkman. Unfortunately its probably the lesser way in to campus.

Reaction Score
hey guys, you don't land every kid that is recruited, and not every kid that shows up to these camps is actually being actively recruited. Getting a close look at the players you want to recruit, is a big part of these things, but it's way more than that.

It's establishing UConn as a destination location for the best high school football players around, and it gets established one step at a time. One of those first steps is establishing UConn as a destination place that high school coaches and programs want send their kids for camps in the offseason for competition.

There are multiple football camps set up, from little kids up through high schools, from individual oriented to team oriented. Every single kid that fits the recruiting profile of a student ahtlete we're going to look for, will have an ideal fit into one of those camps somehow.

A bunch of kids from say Don Bosco, or East Christian, aren't really going to get much out of camp designed for individual position workouts, or going to a 7-7 camp that's populated by well, programs not as strong.... but if you can get say - a 7-7 team from two schools like that to show up on the same field and compete against each other regularly? If you can get 6, 12, 24 high school programs?

Get it?

Steps are being taken now, with the facilities we've got and the opportunity to do things with recruiting, that should have started 5 years ago, and we'd be into a second recruiting cycle of it by now. But it's got to start somewhere, and the athletic department and football program is learning from one of the best at it now.

Reaction Score
hey guys, you don't land every kid that is recruited, and not every kid that shows up to these camps is actually being actively recruited. Getting a close look at the players you want to recruit, is a big part of these things, but it's way more than that.

It's establishing UConn as a destination location for the best high school football players around, and it gets established one step at a time. One of those first steps is establishing UConn as a destination place that high school coaches and programs want send their kids for camps in the offseason for competition.

There are multiple football camps set up, from little kids up through high schools, from individual oriented to team oriented. Every single kid that fits the recruiting profile of a student ahtlete we're going to look for, will have an ideal fit into one of those camps somehow.

A bunch of kids from say Don Bosco, or East Christian, aren't really going to get much out of camp designed for individual position workouts, or going to a 7-7 camp that's populated by well, programs not as strong.... but if you can get say - a 7-7 team from two schools like that to show up on the same field and compete against each other regularly? If you can get 6, 12, 24 high school programs?

Get it?

Steps are being taken now, with the facilities we've got and the opportunity to do things with recruiting, that should have started 5 years ago, and we'd be into a second recruiting cycle of it by now. But it's got to start somewhere, and the athletic department and football program is learning from one of the best at it now.

Amen bro. Nice post. This shoulda started during the Edsall era a few years back at least. Thank God we've got a staff in place that understand recruiting a step up from the old days....

Reaction Score
Good news: Dez is reporting that the competition at the 7 on 7 camp on saturday will be featuring 30 teams. Assuming that every group brings the minimum of 7 guys....hence 7 on 7, plus some alternates, that is well over 200 prospects, potentially 250. I don't know if individuals can show up and be placed on teams also. Good work marketing the competition by PP and the staff. Not only am I excited about the recruiting implications, but the fact that these are among some of the best northeast football prospects. I would just like to see the level of competition with these guys.

Dez says that the contingent from ECA will be there, so that is very good news. Hopefully Bradley can convince some of them to stick around and have an unofficial visit with him.

Reaction Score
It sounds like PP and staff are doing a terrific job building relationships for UConn football and maximizing their chances with potential recruits. Go UConn!

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/catching-up-with-uconn-head-coach-paul-pasqualoni/

Coach P talks college football at UConn.

I'm just going to right out and say, that the vast majority of UConn football fans, and athletic department people at UConn themselves, had no idea what a top notch, division 1-A, recruiting calendar and system looked like prior to Coach P's arrival.

Reaction Score
You don't land every kid that is recruited. Hmmmm. You've really given me something to chew on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom