Call of the Wild | The Boneyard

Call of the Wild

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Heard of it. Never read it. Think I did a book report on it based on CliffNotes.

Is the movie worth watching? There are warnings about animal cruelty, which is a deal breaker for me. Torture or kill humans I'm ok with. But if there is more than a little animal cruelty, I'm out.

Reaction Score
You know it's a movie, right? They don't really torture animals. Like the Scarecrow wasn't really a tin man that had come to life in the Wizard of Oz.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You know it's a movie, right? They don't really torture animals. Like the Scarecrow wasn't really a tin man that had come to life in the Wizard of Oz.

I get that. But I'm not going to watch a movie with scenes about animal torture.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wasn't Scarecrow supposed to be a scarecrow that came to life?

@temery For what it's worth, I remember the Jack London story Call of the Wild as being a good read when I was a kid. It's pretty much the opposite plot of White Fang, which I thought was the better of the two books. Given that Harrison Ford is the lead, unless he plays Buck the dog, I'm pretty sure that the plot doesn't closely follow the books.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wasn't Scarecrow supposed to be a scarecrow that came to life?

@temery For what it's worth, I remember the Jack London story Call of the Wild as being a good read when I was a kid. It's pretty much the opposite plot of White Fang, which I thought was the better of the two books. Given that Harrison Ford is the lead, unless he plays Buck the dog, I'm pretty sure that the plot doesn't closely follow the books.
Yeah yeah. I'm in the Florida Keys high and sitting on a beach. Give me a break.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about the Harrison Ford version? It's not really a good movie. But I have always liked the story even if it defies credibility. It's pretty PG stuff. The people are mostly bad, the animals are good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom