Calhoun transfer from Duke | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Calhoun transfer from Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not true. I can think of at least 2 cases where players were allowed to transfer and not sit out a year.
(1) Penn St FB players after the Sandusky stuff became public.
(2) Baylor MCBB players after their coach helped cover up the circumstances behind one player's murder.
Florida State applied for an exception for Leticia Romero after her transfer from Kansas State. It was granted by the NCAA and she has played in FSU's last few games.

Reaction Score
Concerning UCONN WBB alumni returning for practices or games, etc. the only one I never hear mentioned as back is Charde Houston! Everyone else has been back sometime! No matter how their 4 years went here they've come back! Even Marci Czel was at the Duke game!
As far as Sierra Calhoun, I don't know whether her or her parents wanted Duke over UCONN? It could be a Brittany Hunter type of situation!

Reaction Score
Concerning UCONN WBB alumni returning for practices or games, etc. the only one I never hear mentioned as back is Charde Houston! Everyone else has been back sometime! No matter how their 4 years went here they've come back! Even Marci Czel was at the Duke game!
As far as Sierra Calhoun, I don't know whether her or her parents wanted Duke over UCONN? It could be a Brittany Hunter type of situation!

No.

Reaction Score
It was an "updated" story. She probably officially enrolled today/yesterday, thus provding official confirmation.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As Tony has mentioned, and several of us are aware of, there is a rather "interesting" situation going on there at this time and IF it goes public, it will because Sierra's family wants that. AND if that happens, you bet we will know the whole story!

Tease...!

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I find it interesting that there has been no mention of Calhoun leaving Duke from ESPN.

There was one tweet from them on it - but no articles. That's kind of interesting as they had a lead story up as soon as Sadie Edwards announced she was leaving.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score

What is great about this is that I instantly thought of it and thought to share it then scrolled down to see it was already here. Nice.

Reaction Score
There was one tweet from them on it - but no articles. That's kind of interesting as they had a lead story up as soon as Sadie Edwards announced she was leaving.

A player on UConn and a nc contender is more notable news.

Reaction Score
Another ? from Duke land is Al Brown (grey hair, loud sweaters) Coach P's asst. from Mich. St. days and he was at TN with Pat Summitt before that, has missed last several games/practices and will be missing more, is "working out some personal problems"!
By the way, Geno hates Al Brown since he caught him sneaking around during a closed UCONN FF practice before TN played UCONN!

Reaction Score
An update last night. Not sure what this all means. I do find it interesting that ESPN has done absolutely nothing on this.

Mike Flynn
‏@MikeFlynn826
10h10 hours ago
Waiting to see what happens at @Duke_WBB if the Admins try to blame players, not coaches. Saw both practice videos. Coaches didn't stop it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
An update last night. Not sure what this all means. I do find it interesting that ESPN has done absolutely nothing on this.

Mike Flynn
‏@MikeFlynn826
10h10 hours ago
Waiting to see what happens at @Duke_WBB if the Admins try to blame players, not coaches. Saw both practice videos. Coaches didn't stop it.

DIDN'T STOP WHAT ?????? You're killin' me.

Reaction Score
I agree Huskies Rule. This "waiting to see what happens" intrigues me because no other outlet has even mentioned Sierra Calhoun and a controversy. If Flynn saw the practice videos then others must have too.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - this is very strange, but that further tweet sounds like it was some kind of hazing or bullying within the team - 'coaches didn't stop it' - doesn't sound like the typical 'look at the bad coach mistreating players' kind of scandal - it would also explain why the video/news may be being withheld. The university has some responsibility to protect students from publicity while things get sorted.

Reaction Score
Agree and also the fact there are two videos. Almost sounds like Flynn is backtracking a bit on his first tweets. I'm expecting that we will not hear one more snippet about this again. I doubt that the Calhoun family will try to light a fire while their daughter is trying to begin her college career. ESPN and other outlets are probably as confused as we are with the Flynn tweets. In the social media era if something is worth seeing , it comes out one way or another. If we hear no more I'm going to assume it was not worth the drama.

Reaction Score
I don't know this Mike Flynn character, but I do know that with the omnipresence of smart phones, social media and kids constantly talking, sharing and unable to keep secrets, especially untoward, intriguing ones, I expect in short order we will learn that either Flynn is nothing more than a publicity seeking self-promoter who tried to create some buzz where none existed, OR he has a scoop that could really damage the Duke WCBB reputation and program. Will it be revealed soon? I dunno- North Carolina succeeded in covering up its shameful, systemic academic fraud scandal for 18 years !!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Another ? from Duke land is Al Brown (grey hair, loud sweaters) Coach P's asst. from Mich. St. days and he was at TN with Pat Summitt before that, has missed last several games/practices and will be missing more, is "working out some personal problems"!
By the way, Geno hates Al Brown since he caught him sneaking around during a closed UCONN FF practice before TN played UCONN!

Al Brown being the same Duke coach who was shown on TV giving a scouting report to Duke players about how "Stewart can't shoot" before their beat down 2 years ago. He's Coach P's security blanket!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I don't know who this Flynn character is

Flynn is a major, well-known figure in the world of AAU basketball, at least on the girls' side. He has good sources and has been around.

That said, I have no basis for judging the veracity of his comments. Separate question.

Why don't you look at his twitter feed and see all the [many] tweets he has made, and re-tweeted, recently re: Duke WBB? There are a number of them. Interesting reading, IMO. Something will surely come out at some point.

Reaction Score
Flynn is a major, well-known figure in the world of AAU basketball, at least on the girls' side. He has good sources and has been around.

That said, I have no basis for judging the veracity of his comments. Separate question.

Why don't you look at his twitter feed and see all the [many] tweets he has made, and re-tweeted, recently re: Duke WBB? There are a number of them. Interesting reading, IMO. Something will surely come out at some point.

Excuuuuse me. No time nor inclination for twittering tweetering claptrap. Other, more important stuff in life.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ESPN article just came out today announcing Sadie Edwards transferring to USC. Didn't this get reported a couple weeks ago?

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...rds-transfers-usc-trojans-connecticut-huskies
I'm glad that you posted the actual article because looking at the headline, I wasn't sure if USC referred to Southern Cal or South Carolina. Up until recently, whenever I saw USC it was ALWAYS Southern Cal because there was so little attention from most of the nation regarding South Carolina. Now thing are a little different, particularly with South Carolina women now holding the #1 ranking, though only temporarily.

Reaction Score
I'm glad that you posted the actual article because looking at the headline, I wasn't sure if USC referred to Southern Cal or South Carolina. Up until recently, whenever I saw USC it was ALWAYS Southern Cal because there was so little attention from most of the nation regarding South Carolina. Now thing are a little different, particularly with South Carolina women now holding the #1 ranking, though only temporarily.
I wonder how many of the AP voters and coaches who are voting So Carolina #1 in the polls right now would actually pick them to beat UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom