Calhoun Star Power | The Boneyard

Calhoun Star Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I for one am a huge fan of JC. Like any hero his story is part fiction and non fiction. He is a UConn hero so I am glad to have him and watching videos his press conferences and his teams play still gets me stirred.

ESPN seems to love Calhoun and his story and I think that is the one thing the NCAA always resented. The fact that Calhoun could exist outside of Tobacco Road or some quite Midwest town. Here comes some hardscrabble city kid from the Northeast who won't apologize for the chips falling where they may. Oh no someone better be upset.

Regarding BC and any other BS that comes up during the Tournament regarding JC: I think it takes pressure off of Ollie and the team. They could be getting nailed with questions about APR and other stuff. Instead its how did you play and great job. JC is still the story but its separate from the team and I dont think its a big deal. He could go coach for a program I hate and I would still root for him. He did something for my home state and favorite team no one else could. He gave something to us that CT has not had for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom