Cal Daniels, Bethel TE/DE | The Boneyard

Cal Daniels, Bethel TE/DE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Cal Daniels is probably a BCS-level kid, he's getting looks from B1G and SEC schools as well as UConn. At 6'3" maybe a little shorter than you'd like for a TE/DE but he plays well. Had 481 receiving yards, 7 TDs, 65 tackles, 1 interception, 28 punts last year for Bethel High. His Dad played for UConn.

Check out his highlight film at HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/850737/cal-daniels

Reaction Score
Thanks for those highlights. Aaron Hernandez is short for a TE as well. First I've seen of this kid. If we haven't offered, we should. I'd love this kid.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Went to UConn with Scotty D. Sick athlete and vicious hitter. If his son is a chip off the block, sign him now.

Reaction Score
Thanks for those highlights. Aaron Hernandez is short for a TE as well. First I've seen of this kid. If we haven't offered, we should. I'd love this kid.
Although I like this kid a lot, he doesn't have the speed Hernandez had coming out of HS. This kid has FB/H-Back written all over him. He has the perfect size, toughness, and hands to play either position.

pj

Reaction Score
He doesn't have Aaron Hernandez speed but he is thick and powerful. He looks to be a very good blocking TE with potential to contribute in the passing game. Heck, he has a fine frame for a guard or center and is athletic enough to pull and get out in front of the play. Get him to camp and see what he can do. He might be a very good athlete for positions he has the size to play.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Although I like this kid a lot, he doesn't have the speed Hernandez had coming out of HS. This kid has FB/H-Back written all over him. He has the perfect size, toughness, and hands to play either position.

I think he is a better athlete than you are given him credit for. He showed that on the interception he made in the clip.

Reaction Score
He doesn't have Aaron Hernandez speed but he is thick and powerful. He looks to be a very good blocking TE with potential to contribute in the passing game. Heck, he has a fine frame for a guard or center and is athletic enough to pull and get out in front of the play. Get him to camp and see what he can do. He might be a very good athlete for positions he has the size to play.
Totally agree.

Reaction Score
I think he is a better athlete than you are given him credit for. He showed that on the interception he made in the clip.
Not saying he isn't a great athlete, just doesn't have the speed Hernandez had coming out of HS. Hernandez's ability to outrun second level defenders is what makes him so dangerous. I don't think Daniel's can do that at the D1 level, but he's an athlete who has the frame and skill set to help in multiple spots on offense.

Reaction Score
Not saying he isn't a great athlete, just doesn't have the speed Hernandez had coming out of HS. Hernandez's ability to outrun second level defenders is what makes him so dangerous. I don't think Daniel's can do that at the D1 level, but he's an athlete who has the frame and skill set to help in multiple spots on offense.

I think I said in another thread, I see him as a Div 1 guard. Definitely has the frame to get up to 290-300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom