C Zach Brown | Page 35 | The Boneyard

C Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have athletic, it doesn't always work. You can see he knows how to flip it in the basket and he will be a space eater. You take athletic I will take Zach Brown and work from there. He's perfect. People worried about jesse Govan too and he was more raw than this, and he may eat us up on Saturday as a frosh. These are the kinds go "BIGS" I like. great get
I bet Shaq wasn't a ballerina as a junior in high school either. I would certainly bet that he was a bullerina though.

Reaction Score
He doesn't look all that athletic but he certainly looks a million times more athletic than Hibbert when he stepped on campus at G'Town. Hibbert could hardly run down the court without tripping. Zach skinny legs but his frame is huge. Kid has shoulders too wide to fit through a doorway so 240 lbs. is too small for him, with weight training and diet he could easily carry 270-275. lbs well. To me the most important things for a a bigman are hands, footwork and keeping the ball high. What I see in his videos are really good hands and he always keeps the ball high, has good footwork too but I'm sure that can improve plenty. Best thing is he looks to have no bad habits, most big men always bring the ball down and pretty much every UConn bigman over the years had this habit.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen video one yet, but do you know what has me excited? I know 7 footers don't grow on trees but the scouting ESPN report says he has good hands. So if he is 7' 250 he can catch a basketball close to the basket and not be pushed to the floor or stripped out of his hands., generally. Hands are very underrated.
Good call on the hands! As a long-time basketball coach, one of the toughest things to get big kids to do is to keep the ball UP HIGH when they get it down on the block. Catching the incoming pass and protecting the ball are huge!

Reaction Score
I bet Shaq wasn't a ballerina as a junior in high school either. I would certainly bet that he was a bullerina though.

Shaq was incredibly athletic when he was younger; probably the most athletic 7-1 guy (how tall is Garnett, really?) that I've ever seen. Watch clips of him when he was at LSU. He was frightening.

Reaction Score
Good call on the hands! As a long-time basketball coach, one of the toughest things to get big kids to do is to keep the ball UP HIGH when they get it down on the block. Catching the incoming pass and protecting the ball are huge!

Brown does this exceedingly well. In every clip he grabs the board up high and offensively always keeps the ball where he cannot be stripped. He was obviously taught very on this.

Reaction Score
Who are the guys we are looking at the hardest/most realistic to get to go along with Brown for this class?

Obviously Diallo. Waters?

Reaction Score
In Ollie I trust, getting great recruits, success will follow.

Reaction Score
Yeah - Diallo and Ashton-Langford are definitely the top targets at the moment.
Are we looking hard at any other wings/ combos like Samuels, Eggleston, Preston, PJ Washington, etc?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Refined is not an issue here
You can't teach legit 7' and 250 lbs with an added extra - HANDS
This is a great recruitment coup at this time.
Welcome Zach to the Husky family

Reaction Score
Are we looking hard at any other wings/ combos like Samuels, Eggleston, Preston, PJ Washington, etc?

Yes:

The best version of My Sweet Lord ever - if you're old and don't get some chills watching this video with Billy and the other huge names from music recording here, you don't like music. Tribute to George who Billy Preston was very close to. Now UConn is recruiting him;)

Reaction Score
Shaq was incredibly athletic when he was younger; probably the most athletic 7-1 guy (how tall is Garnett, really?) that I've ever seen. Watch clips of him when he was at LSU. He was frightening.
ok bad example. Shaq is unique.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

If Diallo chooses UConn at least he won't have to worry about Brown doing this to him again.

Who said zach wasn't athletic? But seriously that's a murder. And technically brown could do that again in practice. Also, who else saw dillo run up against zach at the end of the clip lol, I wouldn't want to with him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Garnett is just under 7 I think. Shaq was ludicrously athletic in college. A much thinner frame to go along with his height. Even when he put on all that weight in the NBA, he was very athletic.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Garnett is just under 7 I think. Shaq was ludicrously athletic in college. A much thinner frame to go along with his height. Even when he put on all that weight in the NBA, he was very athletic.
KG was a legit 7 footer, he just always undersold his height by a couple inches for personal reasons, didn't want to be pressured into playing the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom