C Nick Richards (UConn Offer) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

C Nick Richards (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Scruggs is impressive. He looks like he has really nice court vision and great touch when passing ahead. He seems to finish very well and showed good form and results on his jumpers. He's listed at 6'4" or 6'5" and looks to handle contact well with his strength. Any sense of whether UConn has any real shot for him? He would go to my number one target for PG's if so.

Link

Agree big time on the vision a couple of those no look drop off passes were sweet, just not many guys with that natural ability. Also finishes both hands on traffic and his handle looks really secure. Like him and Petty a ton.

Reaction Score
There may be no UConn bound C in 2017. The crop is so thin it's crazy. Really outside of Robinson (WKU commit) and Richards, there's no guaranteed impact freshman at the position.

Maybe Ollie can find a hidden gem like he did with Brimah.

Reaction Score
There may be no UConn bound C in 2017. The crop is so thin it's crazy. Really outside of Robinson (WKU commit) and Richards, there's no guaranteed impact freshman at the position.

Maybe Ollie can find a hidden gem like he did with Brimah.

Hope the hidden "gem" is a little bigger, stronger and smarter. I think we need to aim a little higher maybe a diamond in the rough? LOL

It will be disappointing if we had something like a Zach Brown (no one's fault on this) and then still were heavily involved in a few others only to come up short. Need big men who can roam the paint and impact the game on both ends, opens up the game for your perimeter guys in a big way. With what we're hearing about Richards, unless we get an upset win Bamba is our guy.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Are we going to end up wishing we kept brown? It's beginning to seem like it.

If we kept Brown and he got into even more trouble + brought bad publicity to the program, would you feel the same way? It's another ESPN/mass media hit piece waiting to happen.

Armed robbery is bad news. I may be in the minority here but I don't want that near the program. I don't care how it might've been in the olden days.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If we kept Brown and he got into even more trouble + brought bad publicity to the program, would you feel the same way? It's another ESPN/mass media hit piece waiting to happen.

Armed robbery is bad news. I may be in the minority here but I don't want that near the program. I don't care how it might've been in the olden days.
1000% correct.

Reaction Score

By no means did my post wish we had Zach Brown, only hoping we end up with a guy in the middle with some nice potential. No way I want that issue on our roster.

Doesn't need to be an immediate impact either, maybe a few minutes his freshman year but capable of filling that slot his last 3.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
By no means did my post wish we had Zach Brown, only hoping we end up with a guy in the middle with some nice potential. No way I want that issue on our roster.

Doesn't need to be an immediate impact either, maybe a few minutes his freshman year but capable of filling that slot his last 3.

No worries Mau, I wasn't responding to your post. I agree with you that it's disappointing whenever we think we're going to bring in a skilled player and it falls through, thus making it harder on the staff. If someone is already passing judgement on the program's decision to part ways with Brown, that's where I become a bit skeptical.

C

Chief00

I understand why we dropped Brown. Unlike some I don't think it's the worst mark in the World though if we stuck with a kid and get proven wrong. Some kids don't come from the best environments and it takes a while for them to turn the corner. While I understand the politics - let's not congratulation ourselves for giving up on an 18 year old. It may be necessary but trying to help a kid and failing isn't the worst thing.

Reaction Score
Are we going to end up wishing we kept brown? It's beginning to seem like it.
If we were to go bring in a recruiting class of all guys ranked 150+ (which has a 0% chance of happening) parting ways with Brown would still be the right decision

Reaction Score
Richards played in games today at Melo's gym in NYC, Terminal 23. Every big time NYC area kid plays and trains there. That has been the case the last 3 or 4 years.

Melo and Zingis showed up today to watch the games.

If this was any sort of advantage for Cuse they'd have way more NYC kids on their roster.

Richards is a looooooong shot for us anyway.

Reaction Score
John Calipari meets with St. Pat's big man Nick Richards

After reading everything on Nick Richards the last few months I get the sense that he and everyone around him has googly eyes for Kentucky. It kind of makes me nauseous just reading this stuff. I'd put money on him committing there.

Be careful about putting "nauseous" and Cal in the same sentence you may pay for that from the Cal lovers.:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom