C Nick Richards (UConn Offer) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

C Nick Richards (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know what OZ thinks?

Richards has only visited 2 schools (both unofficials) UCONN and Nova. Only one of those 2 schools are on the list of schools that are recruiting him the hardest, UCONN. Ollie saw most of Richards' games (going as many as 3 deep) at the peach jam. Oz has consistently stated Richards was the big we wanted and were after the most.

If Richards is about to make a decision, I like our chances… a lot.

Reaction Score
Richards has only visited 2 schools (both unofficials) UCONN and Nova. Only one of those 2 schools are on the list of schools that are recruiting him the hardest, UCONN. Ollie saw most of Richards' games (going as many as 3 deep) at the peach jam. Oz has consistently stated Richards was the big we wanted and were after the most.

He visited cuse recently.

Reaction Score

If that's true that he's really only visited us an Nova then we would have to be in great shape, right? I can't remember too many top recruits who committed somewhere without a visit

Reaction Score
More rumors swirling that cuse leads. I don't get it. The team's name has been dragged through the mud recently and they are TECHNICALLY still dealing with "sanctions". The weather stinks. The city stinks. The program isn't exactly known for winning championships. The coach is not anything special in terms of getting players into the NBA. They play a boring, non-NBA, style of game. The coach is 72 years OLD and could experience health problems at any moment. They literally have none of the characteristics that really high level recruits are looking for. What is the draw and why is this guy still coaching?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
More rumors swirling that cuse leads. I don't get it. The team's name has been dragged through the mud recently and they are TECHNICALLY still dealing with "sanctions". The weather stinks. The city stinks. The program isn't exactly known for winning championships. The coach is not anything special in terms of getting players into the NBA. They play a boring, non-NBA, style of game. The coach is 72 years OLD and could experience health problems at any moment. They literally have none of the characteristics that really high level recruits are looking for. What is the draw and why is this guy still coaching?
ACC

Reaction Score
You're confused about why Syracuse University gets good basketball players, huh?

Reaction Score
great thread bump. with some nice info!

Reaction Score
You're confused about why Syracuse University gets good basketball players, huh?
Boy, nothing gets by you, does it? Are you also confused or do you have it all figured out?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
ExCUSE. There are lots of teams in the ACC that aren't as crappy as the cuse and I don't just mean Duke and UNC.
No there are not lots. In most high school recruit's minds, the order of prestige in the ACC probably goes Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse in that order. Virginia, Notre Dame, and NC State probably follow, but Syracuse is in the top 4 or 5 as far as perceived basketball prestige goes in that conference.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
ExCUSE. There are lots of teams in the ACC that aren't as crappy as the cuse and I don't just mean Duke and UNC.
If you were a high school recruit without our crazy anti-Syracuse bias, why wouldn't you want to play in a football stadium under a hall of fame coach in the ACC? To pretend there is no draw to Syracuse is stupid. I hate the orange, their coach, Devendorf, and almost everything about that sh!thole of a program, but I know college basketball and there is a lot of draw to these kids.

Reaction Score
Boy, nothing gets by you, does it? Are you also confused or do you have it all figured out?
No I have it figured out because my brain functions on a normal level.

I'm feeling charitable today, so I'll help you out with an example of how your brain works, and why you're confused:

Syracuse had a first round draft pick this year + a first rounder last year + a first rounder in 2014 + a first rounder in 2013 + 2 first rounders in 2012 + a first rounder in 2010 + a first rounder in 2009 + a first rounder in 2008 = "not anything special in terms of getting players to the NBA".

Reaction Score

I'm feeling charitable today, so I'll help you out with an example of how your brain works, and why you're confused:

Syracuse had a first round draft pick this year + a first rounder last year + a first rounder in 2014 + a first rounder in 2013 + 2 first rounders in 2012 + a first rounder in 2010 + a first rounder in 2009 + a first rounder in 2008 = "not anything special in terms of getting players to the NBA".
they also have a few second rounders who will be in the league from recent drafts (gbinije the guy who thrashed hamilton, and rakeem christmas).

C

Chief00

Good points. Again, the physical profile is there, he just needs to step it up on D. He has a nice fluid athleticism to my eye, almost like the movements come naturally to him, but his brain doesn't know where to actually move. Compare that to a Purvis-type who is all quick-twitch power muscle.

Enoch is a couple months shy of TWO YEARS younger than Jalen. He's within a few months of most of our incoming freshman in age. That gives him more time to develop in college than many others and still be on the NBA radar.

Honestly, I'm not terribly optomistic about his development. I think he might just be a little too late to the game to ever be elite. If you're reading this Steve, prove me wrong ;)

Has work to do but yes I generally agree. He's a big dude.

Reaction Score

Of note, however, is that he badmouthed a couple of those guys publicly because he didn't want them to leave... Grant and Richardson come to mind, but probably not a complete list...

Reaction Score
Of note, however, is that he badmouthed a couple of those guys publicly because he didn't want them to leave... Grant and Richardson come to mind, but probably not a complete list...
I believe he made those type of comments about Tyler Ennis as well.

I'd bet it's a long list of players who would live with comments like that if they were first round picks.

Reaction Score

You make some good points but you suck at making them. The "my brain functions on a normal level" is such an arrogant way of you letting us know you really believe you are so much more intelligent than everyone it's sickening. Not at all a person to hang out with I'm guessing, but hey I could be wrong you could have quite a few fellow Einsteins to share thoughts with, who knows?

Reaction Score
No there are not lots. In most high school recruit's minds, the order of prestige in the ACC probably goes Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse in that order. Virginia, Notre Dame, and NC State probably follow, but Syracuse is in the top 4 or 5 as far as perceived basketball prestige goes in that conference.

This isn't 1987 anymore. I don't agree with that "prestige" ranking. If the kid cared about academics, there is no way he picks cuse over UVA or Notre Dame. If he wanted a nice place to hang out for a year while waiting for the NBA, he would never choose cuse ovee Miami. Hell, he wouldn't choose that snow bound, run down hell hole over anywhere. If he cared about coaching quality, UVA is one example of a better choice. Want to play an NBA -style game? Cuse is not the place for you.

Reaction Score
You make some good points but you suck at making them. The "my brain functions on a normal level" is such an arrogant way of you letting us know you really believe you are so much more intelligent than everyone it's sickening. Not at all a person to hang out with I'm guessing, but hey I could be wrong you could have quite a few fellow Einsteins to share thoughts with, who knows?
No, he doesn't. It is a classic Napoleon complex. Little penis? Buy a big pickup truck. Dumba$$? Insult other people's intelligence. There is nothing impressive about this guy other than how big of a he can be.

Reaction Score
If you were a high school recruit without our crazy anti-Syracuse bias, why wouldn't you want to play in a football stadium under a hall of fame coach in the ACC? To pretend there is no draw to Syracuse is stupid. I hate the orange, their coach, Devendorf, and almost everything about that sh!thole of a program, but I know college basketball and there is a lot of draw to these kids.

Look, you are trying to be a "good fan" that respects his opponents. I get it. But you are living in the past. At one tine that stadium might have been impressive. The novelty wore off long ago and now it is a dumpy balloon.

Yeah, Boeheim is in the hall of fame, I will give you that. But he is an old man now that has been smacked by the NCAA twice, including having lots of wins vacated. He is more than a little tarnished and worn down.

My standards are high. There is nothing special about Boeheim or the university. And that city is a dump, period.

Reaction Score

My standard for special is a little higher and, perhaps, a lot higher. Maybe that is why you think you are special.

When recruits use, "he gets players into the league" as a reason/excuse for picking a team/coach, it is rarely, if EVER, Syracuse and Boeheim. You hear that excuse reserved for guys like the squid or coach K. Boeheim may be above average. That's nice but it doesn't make up for Syracuse being an armpit and Boeheim being an old man.

Reaction Score
My standard for special is a little higher and, perhaps, a lot higher. Maybe that is why you think you are special.

When recruits use, "he gets players into the league" as a reason/excuse for picking a team/coach, it is rarely, if EVER, Syracuse and Boeheim. You hear that excuse reserved for guys like the squid or coach K. Boeheim may be above average. That's nice but it doesn't make up for Syracuse being an armpit and Boeheim being an old man.
Hey if you want to ignore basic facts and continue to be confused about this subject, feel free. It's par for the course with you.

I know by your standard Syracuse isn't special at producing NBA talent, but most recruits aren't delusional morons, so they're not going to use your standard. They are going to look at the fact that only a handful out of 300+ college basketball teams can list off the type of draft success I did with Syracuse earlier, which does make them special on just a basic factual level.

But again, continue on with your quest to solve one of the biggest mysteries in the world. Why basketball players would want to go to Syracuse University.

Reaction Score
Hey if you want to ignore basic facts and continue to be confused about this subject, feel free. It's par for the course with you.

I know by your standard Syracuse isn't special at producing NBA talent, but most recruits aren't delusional morons, so they're not going to use your standard. They are going to look at the fact that only a handful out of 300+ college basketball teams can list off the type of draft success I did with Syracuse earlier, which does make them special on just a basic factual level.

But again, continue on with your quest to solve one of the biggest mysteries in the world. Why basketball players would want to go to Syracuse University.

From here on out I will refer to you simply as Napoleon. I refer you to the following links. Do you see common threads, Napoleon?

Syracuse Gets Lighter Penalty Than Expected : College basketball: Sanctions include a ban from NCAA tournament this season and two years' probation for the school's athletic program.
Syracuse's NCAA violations cost scholarships, earn Boeheim nine-game ban

Reaction Score
So you're confused about why Syracuse continues to recruit good players, and one of your pieces of "evidence" is an article about how Syracuse got a lighter penalty that expected, which seems like a great reason why Syracuse could continue to recruit good players. It must be so odd to have no ability to process information on even the most basic level.

Not to mention neither of these articles have anything to do with the topic we were discussing, Syracuse's ability to produce NBA draft picks, but I guess at this point even you have managed to figure out how idiotic it was to go down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom