Byron Jones out for the year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Byron Jones out for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Thanks for the memories Byron - best of luck at the next level!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Byron, this is just one of many obstacles you will face in life. From what I've read, viewed in interviews and seen on the field of play you are a fine young man. Give yourself some time to feel regret but then pick your head up and get back to being you. If the NFL is your dream, believe it and work that much harder for it. This injury does not change the fact that you can play in the league. I just means you'll be that much stronger when you get there.

If the NFL is not your dream then I am confident you'll get after whatever is. Thank you again. Forever a Husky who I'm sure will represent The University of Connecticut well.

(If you don't read the Boneyard then this is for the misfits who do)

Reaction Score
FWIW the youngsters held their own last night after he went down and ECU was probably the best group of WR's and the best offense we will face all year.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
No attack but you must have stopped watching and missed the three PI calls on his replacement. I never pick on our own but your comment is a strecth.
This is the most vulnerable position in all of football at any level. When any replacement or younger player is in the corner they will be tested time and again. Let us hope BD let's the boys up front do a little more blitzing and stunting up front to take the heat of the boys in the back as they showed some of last night.
This team showed they can win some games if the coach is willing to stop thinking that can't happen until next year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Thanks for the last four season Byron Jones. I hope you have much success at the next level.

Reaction Score
:confused: :confused: :confused:
No attack but you must have stopped watching and missed the three PI calls on his replacement. I never pick on our own but your comment is a strecth.
This is the most vulnerable position in all of football at any level. When any replacement or younger player is in the corner they will be tested time and again. Let us hope BD let's the boys up front do a little more blitzing and stunting up front to take the heat of the boys in the back as they showed some of last night.
This team showed they can win some games if the coach is willing to stop thinking that can't happen until next year.

Yeah, we got it. They made mistakes that young kids will make. But they held their own. I keep thinking back to the baptism that Gratz & BWW got against Tate & Floyd in South Bend. Hopefully they turn out to be half as good as those guys.

And you do know that more blitzing will leave them more isolated at the corners right?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Terrible news. Best of luck Byron and looking forward to seeing you on Sundays!

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 3:39pm via TweetDeck
Even after suffering season-ending injury, #UConn's Byron Jones displaying leadership for Huskies runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/10/uconns…

>>His teammates were appreciative that Jones stepped up to speak with the team during what had to be an incredibly difficult time for him.

"Byron has done a great job of leading those guys and help bring them along, help them grow and he will continue to do that from the sideline,' UConn senior quarterback Chandler Whitmer said. "He can't necessarily be out there physically with them but I think those kids have learned, have stepped up and will continue to get better each game. <<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom