Byron Jones out for the year | The Boneyard

Byron Jones out for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope we can cope the rest of the way without burning Brice's redshirt.. For him to be available to play now does bode well, no? he must have some ability that the coaches see that would afford for that to him so soon... but, still, I'm hoping we won't have to do that...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I hate it for him. It has to be frustrating to be this close to finishing out your college career and have this happen. Now he can start his draft prep.

The only silver lining is more playing time for a young DB. Glad we are done playing BYU, BOise and ECU.

Good luck Byron on the next phase of your life!

Reaction Score
What happened to Javon Hadley? He showed promise as a true frosh.

Hasn't played so far this year (not even ST)... I wondered if they were trying to redshirt him.

Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/uconn-football-jones-out-for-the-year/

>>The Huskies’ thin corner depth takes a massive hit.

Right now, true freshman Jamar Summers is next man up with John Green, a converted wide receiver, another corner. It also looks like Diaco will take the redshirt off of freshman Brice McAllister and prepare him to play. McAllister is from Suffield Academy and was switched from running back to corner this summer.

“They are totally not ready, Completely not ready,” Diaco said. “(McAllister) is going to get ready to play. That’s not a disappointment. All these guys playing the games, it is all positive pluses in the ledger book for ’15. Reps in the game, can’t beat it.”>>

Reaction Score
totally and completely NOT ready? That does not read right.

I wonder why a kid like Marder cant move to CB; speed? We have good depth at S and none at CB. Just wonder why we can't sldei a safety over - I recall Marder moving there earlier in his career to provide depth.

Reaction Score
He was a great kid who played his heart out for us. Hope he is healed enough to showcase himself to the NFL scouts after the season is over. But have a feeling no matter what happens he will have great success in his life.

Reaction Score

I wonder why a kid like Marder cant move to CB; speed? We have good depth at S and none at CB. Just wonder why we can't sldei a safety over - I recall Marder moving there earlier in his career to provide depth.

Managing expectations?:

>>"They are totally not ready," Diaco said. "They are completely not ready and they are going to play like freshmen like they did last night. We are going to play more freshmen and they will play like freshmen."<<

Marder is still out injured - no?

Reaction Score
He was a great kid who played his heart out for us. Hope he is healed enough to showcase himself to the NFL scouts after the season is over. But have a feeling no matter what happens he will have great success in his life.

JohnFSilver 1:17pm via Twitter Web Client
Jones will be 100 percent for draft time per Diaco. He should be able to workouts no problem. Just had to get some work done on his shoulder

Reaction Score
FWIW the youngsters held their own last night after he went down and ECU was probably the best group of WR's and the best offense we will face all year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Geez. That's two leaders this program lost this year. When it rains, it pours.

Good luck to the kid. I think he has a shot if he blows 'em away in the combine.

Felt like he was pretty likely to go early in the draft.

Reaction Score
FWIW the youngsters held their own last night after he went down and ECU was probably the best group of WR's and the best offense we will face all year.

I remember in 09 Gratz and BWW grew up before our eyes in South Bend. Hopefully Summers and Williams got a good education last night.

Reaction Score
Gut wrenching news. Not only is he the leader on D and arguably the best player on the entire team but he is a tremendous kid. Future is still bright. See him on Sundays. Best luck to him.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
JohnFSilver 1:17pm via Twitter Web Client
Jones will be 100 percent for draft time per Diaco. He should be able to workouts no problem. Just had to get some work done on his shoulder

If there's any silver lining to this story, I hope this is it. I hope he heals up in time for the draft and gets to finish his journey to playing on Sundays...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Definitely. It's too bad he won't be showcased as much by not playing, not only for his playing ability but for his leadership qualities. If UConn was good enough to play in a bowl game this year and Jones was playing in it, you know he'd get some good ink leading up to the game. Oh well, the scouts will know about him at least.

Reaction Score

Marder was hurt on KO return the last game. He was subbing for Obi against Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom