Byron Jones done? | The Boneyard

Byron Jones done?

Reaction Score
Going to be interesting to hear how this plays out. He had his surgery later than expected then missed one deadline after another for his return with no real explanations ever given as to what was actually happening. It was total silence down here as to what his status actually was.

Reaction Score
Unfortunate, Bryon was another snake bitten UConn NFL player. I'm thinking of Marcus Easley. I hope we can turn our NFL Snake bitten around soon.

Reaction Score
I can relate to that injury. I banged up an Achilles fairly recently and had it surgically cleaned up. I can no longer do a single straight legged heel raise on that side. Did a LOT of PT too. Interestingly it did not harm my skiing at all.

Reaction Score
He had a decent career and made a ton of bucks and it didn’t hurt that he earned his money in Florida with no state income tax. I don’t think Texas has an income tax either. I am glad he refuses to retire and will keep Miami on the hook to honor his contract. He represented UCONN proudly.

Reaction Score
He had a decent career and made a ton of bucks and it didn’t hurt that he earned his money in Florida with no state income tax. I don’t think Texas has an income tax either. I am glad he refuses to retire and will keep Miami on the hook to honor his contract. He represented UCONN proudly.
If he retires he would most likely have to pay back some bonus money, and he isn't going to do that. He'll end up getting cut and collecting whatever money that nets him, and then I imagine that will be it for him as an NFL player and he can move to the next phase of his life with a pretty nice cushion.

Reaction Score
I think Byron never went to UConn thinking he was gonna be an nfl guy. He is smart, charismatic and a good man. I hope he gets his body back to where he can function.

I don’t care what y’all say. Struggling to walk in your 30s and 40s isn’t worth $80M.

Reaction Score
I think Byron never went to UConn thinking he was gonna be an nfl guy. He is smart, charismatic and a good man. I hope he gets his body back to where he can function.

I don’t care what y’all say. Struggling to walk in your 30s and 40s isn’t worth $80M.
I would agree with this. I think he made the decision to not play anymore a while ago, but he strung it out to get to a spot where Miami will cut him and he won't have to give money back. I would probably do the same myself, I think anyway.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Bring him home to UConn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Every indication of Byron is a young man with his head screwed on straight. He did much better than most in his NFL career and is truly "set for life" if he hasn't spent his money foolishly.

1678236268366.png

Reaction Score
I can relate to that injury. I banged up an Achilles fairly recently and had it surgically cleaned up. I can no longer do a single straight legged heel raise on that side. Did a LOT of PT too. Interestingly it did not harm my skiing at all.
Well you’re locked in your boots when you’re skiing lol

Reaction Score
Well you’re locked in your boots when you’re skiing lol
No, there is forward and aft flexing even though I use DIN 140 boots. And you would be surprised how much the gastrocnemius has to fire when skiing.

Reaction Score
No, there is forward and aft flexing even though I use DIN 140 boots. And you would be surprised how much the gastrocnemius has to fire when skiing.
I guess I just think of the Achilles as something important for ankle extension, namely in explosive fashion, and that is what will most likely cause/exacerbate Achilles pain. Of course the lower leg muscles work, but the ankle is mostly stable. For me, when I’m working hard going down the mountain, it’s my quads and hamstrings that feel like they do the most work

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom