Burlingame to FAU? | The Boneyard

Burlingame to FAU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That stings...he was actually a "commit" - Whitehead wasn't.

At least it wasn't BC.

Reaction Score
DT is one position where we really do not need someone to come right in and play, so I am not concerned at all about this development. We have Stephen, Pruitt, Campenni, McBryde, Meyers (who they really like) and Knappe, plus hopefully Fatukasi coming in, in addition Willman can play there if need be. I never could figure why we needed a juco DT coming in as a junior to begin with…

Reaction Score
de-commits on the defensive side of the ball is n0 surprise, especially when we focus on closing out this year's recruiting class THEN focus on getting a DC ( after the fact )... Something wrong with that picture...

Reaction Score
A little aloe for the sting...

Desmond Conner (@desmondconner)
12/21/12, 1:59 PM
#UConnFootball recruit Lance Burlingame could not get into #UConn based on his fall grades, sources tell me today

Makes ya wonder about Whitehead...

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
He didn't get admitted because of grades according to Dez

Reaction Score
Ktuck, I was also surprised and taken back by that statement from the Coach… but then I thought about it, and could it indicate that he already has someone in mind (already firmed up) but cannot make the announcement until after the bowl or NFL season… just a thought…

Reaction Score
Ktuck, I was also surprised and taken back by that statement from the Coach… but then I thought about it, and could it indicate that he already has someone in mind (already firmed up) but cannot make the announcement until after the bowl or NFL season… just a thought…
makes a ton of sense bro... if this is indeed the case, it's a little different situation than Ruhle to Temple since he's going into the HC role and not assistant coach...

pj

Reaction Score
Are our admission standards now higher than other BCS schools? If so then there's no aloe on that sting.

Reaction Score
PJ, I would say our admission standards are higher than SOME Bcs schools, not all, and certainly we do not admit partial qualifiers like some other teams do (did) in the NBE… This could be a potential problem as the program moves forward and then again maybe not, depending on your viewpoint.

Reaction Score
Are our admission standards now higher than other BCS schools? If so then there's no aloe on that sting.

Is for me. He "decommitted" because he didn't take care of business @ Dean and not because of a coaching change, conference realignment crap or some other inane reason.

Many will advocate that standards should be lower - not me. They end up in JUCO for reasons.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting if Louisville will have to change their admission standards with the move to the ACC.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting if Louisville will have to change their admission standards with the move to the ACC.

It won't happen any time soon and the acc will turn a blind eye to their admission standards.

Reaction Score
Updated FAU Owl Access article from a Jim Fuller (NHR) tweet

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles/356/uconn-commit-burlingame-signs-with-fau---owlaccesscom.aspx

>> Why did Burlingame end up at FAU instead of UConn? "It was a whole bunch of stuff,” he said. “It just wasn't really going to work out there. With FAU everything was in place. It was a better fit at FAU.”<<

>>“(Whitehead) told me a lot about the school from his visit and told me he really he enjoyed it. That kind of helped me out,” said Burlingame, who has yet to visit FAU.<<

>>“I'm excited about coming to Florida,” Burlingame said. “I'm sick of all this cold weather.”<<

Damn cold weather in Storrs!!! ;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

our admissions for both fball and bball were raised late summer and i have been bitching about that since. this stinks that we just lost a great player becuase of it. just stinks. not only would we have a full bball recruit class of studs already but we would have a better fball recruit class also. this is just another example of uconn not playing the game and just everything up. its unreal, it really is. eventually when your losing xrms, bells, burlingames over and over some one has to stand up and say WTF besides a few message board ppl. are we here to play big boy sports or not? this isn't yale and this isnt stanford or vandy. this is uconn a large public with great admissions who can allow a few lower kids a year and not hurt numbers at all. just give them full time tutors and all that stuff like other programs do for other athletes and get to work. we are just a mess

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so as a juco i must ask since now its obvious he passed his clearing house test. how bad were his grades? i mean he doesn't need sat scores now so its only fixing grades issue to begin with that is why hes juco. his grades wre good enough to get into fau. i don't know what that # or letter grades gpa that is but its something. w/e that mark is it must be good enough where fau can get kids to go to school without issue. so my question is, how dam high has our school raised the mark now that we can't get kids bball and fball anymore on the trail. its just so bull its unreal. we are going to have a list of players longer than our recruit classes its so silly. jordan bell is smart enough for oregon but not uconn. krill has to dc imediately, burlingame and so on. just stupid.

Reaction Score
Coach P is facing the nasty reality that he will not be able to fill his team with JUCO and/or guys from Milford Academy as easily as he did at Syracuse. 'Cuse along with Pitt had the pipeline from Milford Academy where guys would go for a semester to falsely pump up their grades and get the wink and nod from admissions. Edsall found this out along the way and eventually wouldn't waste the time to battle admissions and even go after guys like Harrison and Cooper from Bloomfield. He tried like hell to get Nixon into UConn but in the end it didn't work. I really think that admissions was one of the major factors in Edsall moving to Maryland. He got sick of fighting the battle with every recruiting class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom