BS CALL | The Boneyard

BS CALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the player has to be more poised. But a good official would have spoken to the player, and kept the flag in his pocket. The officials know the game situation, and should have pocketed the flag.

Reaction Score
raf46 said:
the player has to be more poised. But a good official would have spoken to the player, and kept the flag in his pocket. The officials know the game situation, and should have pocketed the flag.

He kicked the ball into the stands. I think that even gets a flag in today's NFL, but we don't know yet bc no one has been stupid enough to do it. It was WWE level stuff and was, as Diaco said, beyond stupid. Don't throw that on the refs.

Reaction Score
If it's in the rule book, it's the right call. The player should have maintained his poise. UConn's defense had just forced a 3 & out after the on side kick failed. The team was about to get the ball back, down by 7 points. That lack of composure, put the game out of reach, in what had been until then a close game.
If you want to talk about questionable calls, look at the targeting call against BYU's Taki Taki that ejected him from the game. That was way borderline, though the roughing the passer call was merited.

Reaction Score
No choice there. No bad intent just dumb but not a grey area for the refs. Easy call.

Reaction Score
coachcap said:
If it's in the rule book, it's the right call. The player should have maintained his poise. UConn's defense had just forced a 3 & out after the on side kick failed. The team was about to get the ball back, down by 7 points. That lack of composure, put the game out of reach, in what had been until then a close game.
If you want to talk about questionable calls, look at the targeting call against BYU's Taki Taki that ejected him from the game. That was way borderline, though the roughing the passer call was merited.
It would have been easier to tell if ESPiN had more than one angle to show replay from, but it kinda looked like a small headbutt, not really but only way I can think to describe it, and while minor probably within the language of the rule even if not the intent of the rule. But if they are going to call that targeting, how did they not call the second roughing the passer near the end of the game one?

And no Mr Adams, you aren't Dan Orlovski beating Pitt in 2OT, you're Dan Orlovski running out of the back end zone...

Reaction Score
It would have been easier to tell if ESPiN had more than one angle to show replay from, but it kinda looked like a small headbutt, not really but only way I can think to describe it, and while minor probably within the language of the rule even if not the intent of the rule. But if they are going to call that targeting, how did they not call the second roughing the passer near the end of the game one?

And no Mr Adams, you aren't Dan Orlovski beating Pitt in 2OT, you're Dan Orlovski running out of the back end zone...
Lol...Dan Orlovski beating Pitt in 2OT's.

Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
That was DJ Hernandez...only one of the iconic plays in program history..

My Lord I'm only 32 and my memory has failed that badly..... I actually stayed to the end of that game and saw it live..... Or I've only slept 2 hours in the last 2 days...

Reaction Score
You just have to wonder what (if anything) was going on in his head as he approached the ball and started to line up the kick.

Reaction Score

Re watched the game last night. The refs gave BYU a payback on Uconn's last possession when Bronson Kafusi targeted Shireffs on a sack. Vicious. No targeting call. Just roughing the passer.

Reaction Score
My Lord I'm only 32 and my memory has failed that badly..... I actually stayed to the end of that game and saw it live..... Or I've only slept 2 hours in the last 2 days...

Of course I'm going to pile on and remind you that Orlovsky ends with a y. :)

But if your memory is that bad I'll also remind you that we haven't seen any of those great game recap highlight vidoes in a long time. And don't even try to tell me that your marriage and career time constraints make it difficult ... :D

Reaction Score
Of course I'm going to pile on and remind you that Orlovsky ends with a y. :)

But if your memory is that bad I'll also remind you that we haven't seen any of those great game recap highlight vidoes in a long time. And don't even try to tell me that your marriage and career time constraints make it difficult ... :D

I think he has new born twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul