Bryon Jones and Geremy Davis get NFL Combine Invites | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bryon Jones and Geremy Davis get NFL Combine Invites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Geremy Davis cannot play TE. He is 210 pounds.

This conversation has no basis in reality.

You guys WATCHED the patriots, right? Aaron Hernandez was only nominally a TE. He lined up at RB, WR, H-Back, but he wasn't sticking his head in there and in-line blocking.

The point, which I agree with, is that Geremy Davis has a unique and elite skill. He has great hands. GREAT hands + catching radius. Whether he runs a 4.6 or a 4.85, he will absolutely find value in the NFL running across the middle, timing routes, and creative play-callers.

That is very similar to the role Aaron Hernandez played on the Pats. No, Geremy Davis will not be lining up at TE. But could he carve out a role that is within a shadow of what AH did? Sure, I could see that if he lands with the right team.

Reaction Score
Davis is a big strong dude and he certainly looks like he can carry more than 220 LBs. At 6-3 I do wonder if he can get to 230-5 and what possibilities there are for him at that size. I'm not sure what he runs, but it would not surprise me a bit if it's something like 4.7-8. Could be wrong on all of this.

Agree with the assessment on Jones. Terrific athlete, but he never showed a physical presence at UCONN. The really good DBs out of UCONN really popped folks, Butler, Branch, Reggie, Gratz. Never saw that kind of play from Jones.

Reaction Score
I hope The Pats get them both. Cuz I'd love to have a Patriots jersey with Davis and Jones ' name on it. I still have Butler's

Reaction Score
Geremy as expected checked in at 6'2 216 at the combine today

Measuring in shorter than he was listed isn't great for him. With the running times that most people seem to expect him to run, he really needs everything else going for him. One inch obviously isn't going to be huge for him but I don't think this will be a kind draft process to him.

Reaction Score
WhereistheDove? said:
Measuring in shorter than he was listed isn't great for him. With the running times that most people seem to expect him to run, he really needs everything else going for him. One inch obviously isn't going to be huge for him but I don't think this will be a kind draft process to him.

Has to really impress with his time. If not, could very well be UDFA.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wasn't there a lineman primarily from the old regime who could only muster 22 reps? Forgive my optimism, but I feel there are good things afoot in Storrs.

Jim Fuller
‏@NHRJimFuller
2m2 minutes ago
Strong start at @NFLCombine for #UConn's Geremy Davis, who finished tied for 1st among WRs in bench press http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2015/02/calm-before-storm-for-uconns-geremy.html…

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
23 reps for Davis were better than 9 Offensive Linemen at the combine. He put up more than last years linemen as well IIRC.

Reaction Score
Watching Geremy right now on the NFL network, he's making some great catches. For some reason there's no 40 yard dash time listed for him. Is he running it?

Reaction Score
Watching Geremy right now on the NFL network, he's making some great catches. For some reason there's no 40 yard dash time listed for him. Is he running it?
His group already ran the 40 and he did not participate. But made every catch on his first gauntlet rep.

Reaction Score
His group already ran the 40 and he did not participate. But made every catch on his first gauntlet rep.
He also made the straight route over the shoulder where many others had trouble. Went to commercial during his second gauntlet. Grrrr.:mad:

Reaction Score
He also made the straight route over the shoulder where many others had trouble. Went to commercial during his second gauntlet. Grrrr.:mad:
Saw this too. Pissed me off!

Reaction Score
Also, during QB/WR drills, I know they're trying to showcase the QB's, but how about a camera angle that captures the whole route?

Reaction Score
23 reps for Davis were better than 9 Offensive Linemen at the combine. He put up more than last years linemen as well IIRC.
Looks like Balis has made a difference...especially since he blew away lineman that participated at UCONN's pro day last year

Reaction Score
Is Davis going to run 40 at some point before draft? If not, the chances of him getting drafted are slim.

Reaction Score
Is Davis going to run 40 at some point before draft? If not, the chances of him getting drafted are slim.
he will likely be a possession receiver that runs a lot of 10-20 yard routes, so his broad jump is more indictive of his short route speed than the 40 yard. His vertical is very good, so the combo of his two leaps should impress a lot of people. That is why he is forgoing the 40 to this point. Hopefully enough teams are interested in him where he can feel confident about being drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom