bryce mcneal | The Boneyard

bryce mcneal

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It appears so unless he's visiting w/ a friend. Coach PP better get on the phone w/ SP!!

If it turns out that's all it is, and this was just to see how much "love" there was, that would be a pretty "Richard" move to pull. Let's see what happens...

pj

Reaction Score
We were wondering why he was staying at home in Minnesota when he could have been enrolled at UConn and working out with the other players. Now he's at Louisville. We should get a story tomorrow.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Before we jump on this kid, perhaps he didn't cut it academically? Maybe his choosing to go to Louisville was a result of running out of options...

Regardless, this is a blow to our receiving corps. Not a major blow to the team, mind you; but still massively disappointing.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Well, I'll go one step further: before we (myself included) jump on this kid, let's find out for sure that he is not going to be going to UConn and that he is definitely going to L'Ville. Like Dez always says, always double check the story.

Reaction Score
Oh well, this is the deepest position on the team. If I were Michael Smith, Geremy Davis or Tebucky Jones I would not be shedding any tears over this.

This is disappointing but it doesn't change my opinion about our prospects for a great season.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oh well, this is the deepest position on the team. If I were Michael Smith, Geremy Davis or Tebucky Jones I would not be shedding any tears over this.

This is disappointing but it doesn't change my feelings about our prospects for a great season.

Throw in Shakim Phillips and Nick Williams, and we will be strong in that position no matter what. Still, you always like to have more talent on the team.

Reaction Score
If he is eligible for next year, then this is a sizable blow to the team. Having him for two years would be nice.

But if he's not eligible for next year, then he can only play for one year.

I also think that it's premature to assume he's going to Louisville.

pj

Reaction Score
Deshon Foxx may also get up to speed quickly enough to contribute this year, and replace Nick Williams next year.

Reaction Score
Before we jump on this kid, perhaps he didn't cut it academically? Maybe his choosing to go to Louisville was a result of running out of options...

Regardless, this is a blow to our receiving corps. Not a major blow to the team, mind you; but still massively disappointing.

This is not a blow to our WR corps, I'm not getting personal with Bryce, but to be honest, he really wasn't a big factor on Tenn's team last year, he would have helped with depth, but I'm sure that Phillips and Smith will more than make up for Bryce. It's not like this has been a pass first offense, I think we will be fine, besides, I'm really hoping that Nick Williams gets a lot more touches this year.

Reaction Score
This is not a blow to our WR corps, I'm not getting personal with Bryce, but to be honest, he really wasn't a big factor on TennClemson's team last year, he would have helped with depth, but I'm sure that Phillips and Smith will more than make up for Bryce. It's not like this has been a pass first offense, I think we will be fine, besides, I'm really hoping that Nick Williams gets a lot more touches this year.
ftfy

Reaction Score
McNeal has more career production than anyone else on our receiving corps save Smith. Of course this is a blow. How big will depend on who else steps up and how much.

Reaction Score
McNeal has more career production than anyone else on our receiving corps save Smith. Of course this is a blow. How big will depend on who else steps up and how much.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I see this as more of a setback, Bryce would have had to learn a totally new system including terminology, there's absolutely no guarantee that he would have even cracked the two deep. It's amazing how everyone on this board is an expert.

pj

Reaction Score

McNeal has 20 career receptions after 3 years in college. A talented receiver, yes, but his career production doesn't tell us he would have been better than Jones (5 rec one year) or Davis (6 rec one year). It's not terrible for the young kids to get more experience.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't feel this is a blog ow to our team is nuts. However, it is what it is and we still have enough talent in our WR corp.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this a similar to the Robbie Frey situation, not being accepted into our grad school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom