Brodie re-ups with Rutgers... | The Boneyard

Brodie re-ups with Rutgers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
That's what RU people are saying now.

Oh well. Best of luck to the kid...

Reaction Score
Notice that they reference his bond with some of the current players. Looks like we lost Brodie, but bringing in Samra and Clax (and I still want Giacone!) starts to open the New Jersey pipeline slowly...

Reaction Score
I will say it again...if P hires Jeff Hafley to coach dbacks and PJ Fleck to coach wr's (both Rutty asst's who recruit NJ VERY well) this will go a LONG way to making in roads into NJ. Besides Hafley has a VERY good track record coaching dbacks at Pitt and Rutty, Fleck wr's at Rutty have performed at a much higher level than ours have.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I read somewhere and I can't find it now that his coach said he wasn't signing on Wednesday but waiting to sign. Take it for what it is worth.

Reaction Score
I had mentioned this in another thread about players and recruits bonding. It's hard to start over at another school not knowing everyone. I'm sure it's no accident that coaches create these scenarios.

No doubt the same thing helped keep the class together after RE left.

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Brodie, with or without him, Uconn is on the rise.

Reaction Score
idon't know what happenned with Giacone. After having UConn is his final 2 he visits BCU and is deciding between sticking w/ Rutgers and the "stability" of BCU. Doesn't he realize that Spaz is close to the top of current coaches on the hotseat.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he looked at how bad bcs recruit class is and thought, hmm they were brutal on the field and now they are bringing in only 12 kids. its going to be real freaking easy for me 2 get pt right away....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
12 kids? That's what BCU is bringing in? 12??

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thy have 14 commits right now to be truthful. hood will dc and go pac12 and daniels wont make it with bcus "ivy league" standards. if he does get in its a big joke and he wont last. they lost a local kid who was a dream school lock to harvard. they lost a ma kid who just dc'ed to run track down the street lol. new england kids now have watched the past couple years and see how bad it is being local to the media and fanbase, they are picking uconn or leaving the region now, its not even a question. check out the top 20 players in new england this year. we did ok, the best 5 i would say left for b10/other acc teams but we were solid 5-20. they lost lynch and others as well. if they dont land a ruty kid or 2 that class is so small for the acc its hard to even think about. mf bumped a couple kids in that class star wise but if you actually look at it PP is doing alot better(size/speed/needs/otherbcs offers). that fanbase should be rioting in the streets over the past couple years up there. there other sports are slowly falling off as well. they have hockey and they are a true powerhouse in that no lie but sports like baseball and bball are just a mess. meanwhile down in storrs were building one of the most well rounded ath dept in the nation(soccer/baseball etc)but yet, they will come here and tell us how bad we are lol. they havnt got a rb there in like 2 years and a qb also, just to funny.

Reaction Score
The RU coach leaves and we still can't land the kid.

The kid loves State U., has become friends with some of the other recruits, and, as of now, the team has all of the other coaches coming back except for GS. This isn't a big surprise! The kids buy into the program...not JUST the HC. This is not a failure on our part, it's a success on RU's part.

Just look back to last season for us. How many recruits did we lose after RE left? I can recall just one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if I'm off, the number was extremely small. So why should this situation be any different? We'll start winning more of these battles beginning with the 2013 class I believe. Where this hurts RU is with those recruits who haven't committed yet. This year it was Fuller and possibly Hamilton. Next year, many of those recruits Schiano had started relationships with, will be a lot more open to going to other schools now that he has left...and our presence is more solidified!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
debbie-downer.jpg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

There you go again. I swear to heaven above that if UConn doesn't land every darn kid that you think they have a right to land, then they suck. What is it that you don't get about the fact that PP has not been on a whole bunch of the "better" recruits as you see them for all that long compared to his competition? Or that a local kid might want to stay home? Does Dan Orlovsky ring a bell? Another way to look at this is that perhaps it is a good thing that he even got them to consider UConn at all. Now, maybe he is a lousy closer, although it looks like he's closed more deals than Howie Mandell. But we won't know that until next year when he's had 18-21 months of convincing the kids. Please send him a list of the kids he must secure so that he knows what it will take to make you happy.

Reaction Score
There you go again. I swear to heaven above that if UConn doesn't land every darn kid that you think they have a right to land, then they suck. What is it that you don't get about the fact that PP has not been on a whole bunch of the "better" recruits as you see them for all that long compared to his competition? Or that a local kid might want to stay home? Does Dan Orlovsky ring a bell? Another way to look at this is that perhaps it is a good thing that he even got them to consider UConn at all. Now, maybe he is a lousy closer, although it looks like he's closed more deals than Howie Mandell. But we won't know that until next year when he's had 18-21 months of convincing the kids. Please send him a list of the kids he must secure so that he knows what it will take to make you happy.
Your statement is absurd. My statement is that we should be able to beat Rutgers, a school without a championship in its history.

Reaction Score
Your statement is absurd. My statement is that we should be able to beat Rutgers, a school without a championship in its history.

Complete failure by palatine to demonstrate an understanding of football recruiting.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not to make this a pissing contest, but don't you just suppose for a nanno-second that Purdue fans might have said "how could Orlovsky pick UCONN over Purdue?" That is much more an apt question than how we might be beaten out by Rutgers for a local kid. I know, Rutgers never this or that and Rutgers coach just left, but Ohio State we are not when you are a New Jersey recruit considering us versus RU.

Reaction Score
Purdue already had a commitment from Kyle Orton. We stink head-to-head with Rutgers...WITH RUTGERS!

Reaction Score
Purdue already had a commitment from Kyle Orton. We stink head-to-head with Rutgers...WITH RUTGERS!

If you don't already realize and are just being difficult, then consider this to be everybody else reading, but if not - pay attention.

I think you need to realize that there is a major difference between having success with competitively recruiting high school football players in the state of New Jersey......with recruiting head to head with Rutgers when it comes down to a player's final decision on where they intend to sign on.

The first part, is absolutely essential to UConn football, the second part - is not.

FYI.....just to help.......the VAST majority of players that are visibly recognized as 1-A talent, and are being recruited by multiple programs, are going to come down to some kind of decision they need to make between 2 programs.

The numbers of kids coming out of New Jersey, that will come down to the choice between UConnecticut and UNewJersey, is going to be a small number of recruits in that state that go on to 1-A football scholarships.

What you should be saying, is that you're looking forward to the next kid that comes down to their final choices involving UConn adn University of New Jersey - to choose the University of Connecticut.

I'm looking forward to that too, but I'm not upset when it doesn't happen. The fact that kids comign down to those final choices happens at all, is more important, and then back to the first part - the fact that we successfully recruit - the state of New Jersey - is more important.

Because, the concept that we have not made significant improvement in recruiting in NJ in one single year (and by extension, that does include competitively recruiting against Rutgers) is false.

We are back in the state of NJ, and we will continue to be, it's essential to the health of our program down the line.

Reaction Score
FWIW:

THis is how I see things when it comes to recruiting. Coach P wants us to be a major player in recruiting.

There's nothing else really to talk about than that simple sentence. everything you need to know is right there. But I'll write more anyway.

It's got nothing to do with recruiting ratings services, and everything to do with establishing a level of player and student that we want at every single position on the field, and from #1-#4 on the depth chart.

We all know that the ratings services adn their class rankings have a strong correlation to the final top 25 rankings after the games are actually played.

Correlation is different than causation.

I gain weight in the winter time. Weight gain and winter are correlated. Says nothing as to why. Maybe I gain weight in the winter because I weigh myself wearing my boots, long johns under my regular clothes, and my winter jacket all together. But my weight doesn't really change at all.

Same thing with recruiting, and rating services. Do those top 25 rankings in recruitng really cause those programs to be in the top 25? Nope, those stars are just the boots, winter jacket increasing the weight. The players (ALL THE WAY UP AND DOWN A ROSTER) underneath those stars don't change.

We will be a player in recruiting for building a roster that can compete in the top 25. That's our goal. We've been close in the past few years, very close, but have come up short.

As for the recruiting rankings to put the clothes on those players, that's up to the fans.

Our class rankings, will go up signficantly, when the guys, like the few we have here that follow recruiting so closely, start getting more and more fans to go to those recruiting websites, and click on those stars for UConn, on the pages with the player names that everybody's is following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom