Broadchurch | The Boneyard

Broadchurch

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Just finished series 1 (series is British for "season") on Netflix. A little bit like True Detective, but without the dark / occult focus and more about the small town community's reaction to a boy's murder, plus obviously more British. Mostly well done though I had an issue with how the show dealt with the past of some of the characters who are suspects - the cops didn't know about it and the way they wrote that was flimsy. But still, worth your time.

Series 2 is supposedly not going to be another murder mystery. It will air in the UK soon, and is supposed to air on BBC America in March although they delayed the airing of the first series for some unknown reason.

By the way, avoid wikipedia if you want to avoid spoilers. You'll have hunches about a lot of the suspects but they did a pretty good job with the ending.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is this what Fox redid as Gracepoint this past fall? I heard great things about the British version so I tried to get into the show but it never really got going.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Is this what Fox redid as Gracepoint this past fall? I heard great things about the British version so I tried to get into the show but it never really got going.
Yes, and the lead detective was even played by the same guy. I watched part of the first episode of Gracepoint for comparison and it's a faithful remake with the same style and everything. (Though apparently Gracepoint hasn't been renewed, and also the ending is supposed to be different). If you weren't into Gracepoint you might not like Broadchurch I guess.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gracepoint was a show we watched and I don't know why. Not one likeable character at all. Period. We simply kept watching so as to make the previous hours put in not wasted. No way will be disappointed to see it axed.

Reaction Score
I watched the first episode, picks off at the end of the first season. Who knows if that is a good thing.

Line of Fire is a better show if one is looking for a modern british police show.

Reaction Score
I watched Gracepoint and liked it. Will this be too repetitive to watch for me now?

Reaction Score
I watched Gracepoint and liked it. Will this be too repetitive to watch for me now?

I did not watch Gracepoint, but yes, it will be repetitive, but there is a second series airing now and the story is continuing, where the US remake is done.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I watched Broadchurch and liked it well enough. My issue with the show and those like it that after 4 or 5 episodes, I'm just ready for the reveal. I liked Veronica Mars better than any of them. The entire season built up to the big finish, but each episode had a self-contained mystery that kept me from saying "enough already ".

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the second season of this show? Show is quality TV. British TV on Netflix for the most part is excellent.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched Broadchurch and liked it well enough. My issue with the show and those like it that after 4 or 5 episodes, I'm just ready for the reveal. I liked Veronica Mars better than any of them. The entire season built up to the big finish, but each episode had a self-contained mystery that kept me from saying "enough already ".

I watched it when it came out. That was a couple of years ago now, right? David Tenant is generally good in everything, but it did drag on a bit.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Did anyone watch the second season of this show? Show is quality TV. British TV on Netflix for the most part is excellent.
Didn't care too much for second season.

Reaction Score
Second was blah, third is currently airing and is fine, but lets see where it goes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom