Brittney Griner & Glory Johnson Arrested for Assault | The Boneyard

Brittney Griner & Glory Johnson Arrested for Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh oh. Glory Johnson was arrested at the same time.

I hope a quarrel didn't get out of hand :(

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Firstly, I hope everyone is ok. Secondly, if Griner is suspended for the season plus no DT3, is this a potential for the Merc to go after Stewie?

Reaction Score
This makes me sad all the way around. I love Britney and Glory actually. I think Britney has been an extremely wonderful advocate for gay youth and conducted herself exactly as she should have. This will just be another thing for WBB haters to look down upon her for. It really is too bad.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
8-stanford.jpg

Reaction Score
She did not ask to be the role model! So we should not blame her on that account. It is sad that she has not learnt a lesson from the basketball court incident from which she was suspended.(It was not severe enough punishment that could have taught her a lesson or two, I suppose we can blame Mulkey for that one!) But we did not know what happened exactly from this latest accident. We all should withhold our opinion/judgement till we know some more facts.

Reaction Score
Firstly, I hope everyone is ok. Secondly, if Griner is suspended for the season plus no DT3, is this a potential for the Merc to go after Stewie?
Doubt there will be suspensions - especially for the season - for a disorderly conduct charge. But does this go in the sequel to her book? ("I threw a dog bowl at the wall, and then she came at me and bit me!")

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Arrested for assault? Her second alleged offense will result in her being placed under arrest for a pepper...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Will the standards be the same as for the NFL?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She did not ask to be the role model! So we should not blame her on that account. It is sad that she has not learnt a lesson from the basketball court incident from which she was suspended.(It was not severe enough punishment that could have taught her a lesson or two, I suppose we can blame Mulkey for that one!) But we did not know what happened exactly from this latest accident. We all should withhold our opinion/judgement till we know some more facts.
Actually she did choose to be a spokesperson and role model - can't remember the group - but about bullying. And she chose to do a series of interviews to publicize herself and her situation.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure why the subject line doesn't read "Brittney Griner and Glory Johnson Arrested for Assault. There were two people involved in this incident.

This is very disappointing that they would allow their tempers to result in a physical fight. However, it does not surprise me. I know I will take flack for saying this, but I have observed hat it is not uncommon for younger, gay couples to participate in fights. I have a theory as to why that is the case but certainly nothing scientific that I should share without research to back it up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She did not ask to be the role model!
That not how this works you don't raise your hand and ask be a role model! You conduct yourself in a dignified way and if someone emulates you guess what? You are........
It is sad that she has not learnt a lesson from the basketball court incident from which she was suspended.
You know for a fact that she did not learn from that incident?
I suppose we can blame Mulkey for that one!)
Sure, why not blame Kim! While we at it can we track down Urban Myer and blame him in the Aaron Hernamdez murder conviction. I think he was suspended while playing at Florida also.
. We all should withhold our opinion/judgement till we know some more facts.
No No. I have a better idea let’s blame it all on Kim. SMH at you!

Reaction Score
Private or public?

I would feel like defending their privacy more if they hadn't promoted their unabashed bliss together so publicly.

That is not a value judgment, and neither bad or good. Just commentary to underline that they have been public about their relationship, with statements, pictures, etc..... so with the good comes the bad too.

Having said that I hope they settle things and continue on in a good partnership if it will be so....

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
this saddens me for so many reasons. The obvious, no one should ever put their hands on someone without consent, and certainly not in anger.

I always expect so much more from "my people". It is not fair, but I do. We have to fight for every right that we get, and to be so high profile and act in this matter, just gives the opposition something to point to.
The flip side to that is that it is just further proof that we are like any other person, couple….
We pay our taxes, we have kids, we get divorced, we argue, we do our yard work etc.
We are just people with the gamut of normal (and some not so normal) emotions and responses of anyone else.

I hope they are both well. I also hope they take care of themselves around this. One incident is too many. There is no room for error in this regard, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom