Brimah | The Boneyard

Brimah

Reaction Score
Amida is a pretty unique player who I believe is better than many here would believe. I think he can have a nice career overseas or maybe even get a D league shot.

But it occured to me that along with a pretty sizable drop in free throw % from last season, Amida doesnt seem to be quite as much of a game changer on the defensive end this year. In years past he truly dominated on the defensive end in games where he avoided foul trouble. I dont see that dominance this year. Perhaps more teams are killing us from the perimeter?

By all accounts his effort and attitude are exemplary. I love his enthusiasm and attitude. I am just trying to understand how a player who tries as hard as he does becomes less impactful.

I love that he had a 15 rebound game. That had to be great for his confidence. I for one will enjoy watching the rest of his games in a Husky uniform.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He'll always have that 40 pt. anomaly game. Why couldn't he ever come close to that again? With all the great scorers we had, AB gets 40? It seems KO never successfully made that pick and roll lob as big a part of the offense as it could've been. The lob dunk is his only effective offensive move. No question he can have a good career overseas. Pretty much anyone who plays D1 ball (even walk-ons) has a chance to make a career overseas, especially 7 footers with some athletic ability. Does anyone know where Majok and Ajou Deng are now? They must be playing somewhere,

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He'll always have that 40 pt. anomaly game. Why couldn't he ever come close to that again? With all the great scorers we had, AB gets 40? It seems KO never successfully made that pick and roll lob as big a part of the offense as it could've been. The lob dunk is his only effective offensive move. No question he can have a good career overseas. Pretty much anyone who plays D1 ball (even walk-ons) has a chance to make a career overseas, especially 7 footers with some athletic ability. Does anyone know where Majok and Ajou Deng are now? They must be playing somewhere,

He and DHam had a special connection.

If Daniel had returned, we'd be having a very different season.

A lot of people thought his departure would be addition by subtraction. Guess what? NOPE.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

A lot of people thought his departure would be addition by subtraction. Guess what? NOPE.
I knew Hamilton's loss was huge. I didn't always love him but he was definitely the catalyst.

Reaction Score

I agree on this. He was more of a leader on the court than many appreciated.

Reaction Score
He's playing better this year and I have been a critic, but the damn shame is now that it has happened he doesn't have the guard play to make the team better. Same with Facey playing better in general.

Reaction Score

It is amazing how blind people were to his importance and contributions on the court. Without him last year it would not be this bad, but it would not be that far from it.

Reaction Score
Also loosing the only reliable post player in Shonn Miller is the biggest loss. Now we have to depend on AB and other bigs for offense down low and it really isn't their speciality. We need someone who has a pulse down low for offense next year and can play a lick of defense too(I'm nudging you SE).LOL!

Reaction Score
WE would have at most three losses with DHam on board.

Reaction Score
Sophomore-year D-Ham wasn't that good, but he still would have helped this team tremendously by being another body in the back court. Brimah's offensive production would definitely be up and possibly other guys like Facey and Enoch as well. But he wouldn't have solved any of the major problems plaguing this team.

Junior-year D-Ham, I think, would have been a stud. This is probably a tournament team with him.

Reaction Score
He needs to learn how to play without fouling - especially foolish fouls. He simply hasn't stayed on the court long enough in 4 years to really improve his game. He does give great effort, but...

Reaction Score
A healthy Larrier could potentially be as good as Dham

Reaction Score
Back to Brimah....I can see him being a late 2nd round draft pick based on his D and positive attitude....a team takes a shot his O develops.

Reaction Score
I wish AB the best, but don't really see him playing professional basketball.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I wish AB the best, but don't really see him playing professional basketball.

Phillip Nolan is currently playing in Denmark. There is definitely a spot out there for AB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom