Brief Breakdown | The Boneyard

Brief Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Cuse had 18 more foul shot attempts and maybe 8 rebounds more and won by 3. In big games Hamilton needs to look to score more especially when other guys are not functioning offensively.
Tomorrow is big - a win will make it a successful tournament in my opinion.

Give Cuse credit - they have a lot of shooters. After hitting 3 threes not sure why Rodney then decided he needed to drive the next three times when driving for him had not worked. Going 1-4 from the line really hurts in a three point game too.

Brimah did not play well. That is he did not convert some dunks and he needs to do that to cover fur some other deficiencies that are unlikely to change.

Miller needs to get used to playing against other good Bigs. He got surprised a few time by defense or rebounders.

All in all we did a very poor job boxing out - and the other thing I noticed was when we had position we made no effort to find a body so we would know where they were on a rebound. A fundamental breakdown Coach Miller?

Facey played ok but our lack of strength up front hurt - Enoch is potentially our only answer to that. Adams played like a Freshman but Hobbs will coach him up.

Reaction Score
My biggest concern is the amount of fouls we give up and against shiitti teams. Not moving your feet is laziness and poor discipline. This team has to be tougher all the way around.

C

Chief00

I think you should title this thread "Chief's Briefs" or maybe "In Brief With Chief" - make it a regular Boneyard feature. It'd be good for branding if you personalized it.

Very catchy titles - but not sure if I can commit to that after every game. It's good to know the appetite is out there though for the briefs or breakdown; however I am not sure if I can make time commitment. Let me think it over.

Reaction Score
My biggest concern is the amount of fouls we give up and against shiitti teams. Not moving your feet is laziness and poor discipline. This team has to be tougher all the way around.
They got beat off the dribble way too many times exposing players that had to come over to help stop the penetration. With them moving the defensive arc further away from the basket it becomes even more important to stop penetration further out. Once a player gets a good head of steam it's really hard to defend them without fouling.

Reaction Score
That was a good learning experience for Rodney in particular. He spent the whole day in the lane missing runners and sorta difficult layups. He's clearly still learning, but he's come a ways since last year. The game has got to slow down for him once he gets deep into the lane. He'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom