Bridgeport Sweet Sixteen Analysis by Kate Fagan | The Boneyard

Bridgeport Sweet Sixteen Analysis by Kate Fagan

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dakotaboy

Here is the link for this story...

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...nament-bridgeport-regional-breakdown#comments

You'll notice in the very first paragraph, she claims Uconn to be the favorite, then she adds in a back handed comment regarding them ALWAYS playing in Connecticut... I've seen these remarks alot, especially from trolls on the ESPN Conversation boards... I never thought a legit columnist would stoop to that level. As you can probably tell, she makes me very upset... Has anyone else seen something like this from a LEGIT columnist??

GO UCONN!!!!!!!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
You think playing in CT is NOT an advantage for UConn? lol. Think of all the times fans have dismissed Tennessee wins because they've had home court advantage.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Katie Rutan from downtown? She's very good, I respect her, and we need to guard her tight, but she has 63 treys on the season. KML has 108. This is interesting--the best player in the regional doesn't get mentioned.

Reaction Score
Here is the link for this story...

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...nament-bridgeport-regional-breakdown#comments

You'll notice in the very first paragraph, she claims Uconn to be the favorite, then she adds in a back handed comment regarding them ALWAYS playing in Connecticut... I've seen these remarks alot, especially from trolls on the ESPN Conversation boards... I never thought a legit columnist would stoop to that level. As you can probably tell, she makes me very upset... Has anyone else seen something like this from a LEGIT columnist??

GO UCONN!!!!!!!
Kate Fagan is a legit columnist. A comment about home court advantage in the NCAA tournament is brought up quite often. Graham Hayes, for example, mentioned it in his column on ESPN.com when Dayton got a #7 seed and was sent to play at St John's and also about Penn State having to play LSU at home. It didn't work out for the Johnnies, but they did manage to take the game to 2 OT's. It worked out quite well for LSU. It also worked out well for Delaware.

UConn gets home court advantage every year in the Big East tournament and quite often in the NCAA's. They would most likely win most years without it, but it definitely is an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom