Brice McAllister Commit to UConn (2014/RB) | The Boneyard

Brice McAllister Commit to UConn (2014/RB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
5'11" 189 list on high school football roster.
1500+ yds, 12+yds per carry 24 TDs

Ran an unofficial 10.9 in the 100meters in CT track meet in the late spring. Ran an official 11.41 in the 100meter on May 18 in Massachusetts, - Reg. championship meet.

Not many recruiting stars though. LOL.

http://www.sub5.com/pvctrack/nepstad2/2013/corrected_nepsta_div2_mens_results_5.18.13.htm

We needed RB's on the roster incoming.

We've got two now after summer camp season. Welcome Arkeel, and welcome Brice. Both local kids too.

Reaction Score
so we have the POY from Mass and CT, you gotta love that. I don't know why it took us so long to get going with RB recruitment, but it looks like it's been worth the wait.

Reaction Score
I saw a lot of quick screens and slants in that video. He should be plug and play for TJ's offense.
For some reason, each day I find myself getting more and more excited about this season and beyond.

Welcome Brice...Come-On-Down!

Reaction Score
Saw the vision as he was able to hit hole after hole without being touched. Then finally toward the en came the spin move and the goal line move the pile. Very happy with the looks of this recruit. At 190 lbs maybe to grow into a 205-210. Power back

Reaction Score
JohnFSilver 3:25pm via WordPress.com
UConn gets commit from Suffield Academy RB
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/uconn-gets-commit-from-suffield-academy-rb/

>> He’s pretty dynamic,” Suffield Academy coach Drew Gamere said. “He’s explosive and versatile and has outstanding hands and can really do it all. He was New England Player of Year and had 28 touchdowns. He put up some good numbers for us.”

McAllister had a host of offers from FCS schools and also was receiving interest entering his senior year from high level FBS programs. McAllister is also an excellent student and was considering going to the Ivy League. In the end, the combination of academics and high-level football are what convinced McAlister to come to UConn according to Gamere.<<

Reaction Score
Follow- up by John Silver:

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/mcallister-speaks-on-commitment/

>>There is a small group of players who are elite football players in Connecticut and McAllister and Newsome played on the same 7-on-7 team and know each other well.

When McAllister, 5-11 190-pounds, thinks of he and Newsome at UConn he doesn’t think about competition, he thinks about production.

“I know Arkeel,” McAllister said Monday night. “We played on the 7-on-7 teams. I feel we can be one of the best running back duos in the nation. I feel comfortable about UConn and what they to offer.”<<

Reaction Score
For some reason, each day I find myself getting more and more excited about this season and beyond.

Last season felt like a punch in the gut. Between our second straight 5-7 season, losing DBrown, and becoming charter members of the AAC it was just one frustration after another. Now that we've hit rock bottom I'm starting to get excited for TJWeist and Hughes to take over their units and I'm looking forward to playing some new teams like SMU. If P can keep it up on the recruiting trail we should do well in this league which may lead to greener pastures, but even if it doesn't it's not the end of the world. We'll just have to be a perennial 10-11 win team and we'll get good Bowl appearances

Reaction Score
That video is... unimpressive.

Seems like a depth offer. Good thing arkeel and incoming frosh are so damn impressive

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Kermit E. Buggs@KBuggs4 Protected account 1h
Welcome to our 5th commit for 2014! pic.twitter.com/1MyYyhk5OV
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the JB article on TOS:

>>"I'm really comfortable around the coaching staff and I feel Coach Buggs can teach me a lot of things I need to improve on. They also have really nice facilities that will help me to succeed on the field."

While McAllister is comfortable with the entire coaching staff, his relationship with Coach Buggs was a major factor in his decision. "He and I talk about once or twice every week," said McAllister, who is 5-foot-11 and 195-pounds. "I think he has great enthusiasm towards the game of football and towards the running back position. A couple of weeks ago he put me through some drills that I really liked."<<

Reaction Score

Seems like a depth offer. Good thing arkeel and incoming frosh are so damn impressive

You are unimpressive, I'm sure the New England Prep School player of the year is facing much better competition then Newsome is in the NVL, and according to Silver he was getting interest from "High level FBS schools".

We have room for both running backs and needed the depth you are referring to.

Reaction Score
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>"I'm really comfortable around the coaching staff and I feel Coach Buggs can teach me a lot of things I need to improve on. They also have really nice facilities that will help me to succeed on the field."

While McAllister is comfortable with the entire coaching staff, his relationship with Coach Buggs was a major factor in his decision. "He and I talk about once or twice every week," said McAllister, who is 5-foot-11 and 195-pounds. "I think he has great enthusiasm towards the game of football and towards the running back position. A couple of weeks ago he put me through some drills that I really liked."<<

Please tell me because it is a protected account, it is not considered a coach discussing a commit before he has signed a LOI.

Reaction Score

Please tell me because it is a protected account, it is not considered a coach discussing a commit before he has signed a LOI.

No different than what other coaches across the country are doing. He's not discussing a commit (no names). http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...ing-commitment-tweets/?sct=hp_wr_a4&eref=sihp

I'm sorry if I confused people by including the quotes from TOS under Coach Buggs' tweet. Two separate sources. My bad.

Reaction Score
No different than what other coaches across the country are doing. He's not discussing a commit (no names). http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...ing-commitment-tweets/?sct=hp_wr_a4&eref=sihp

I'm sorry if I confused people by including the quotes from TOS under Coach Buggs' tweet. Two separate sources. My bad.

I didn't know if he mentioned the name or not. Just saying welcome to a new commit (nameless) I'm sure is fine.

Then again, we are UConn, so we have to do things differerently. (hand over mouth coughing ...f'ng Emmert.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just watched the video. You've got to like this kid. Good hands, good acceleration and hard to bring down.

Reaction Score
SI just published an entire article about how college coaches are using twitter to indicate commitments. What we're lacking is the catchy code word phrase to hashtag, that's all.

Reaction Score
You are unimpressive, I'm sure the New England Prep School player of the year is facing much better competition then Newsome is in the NVL, and according to Silver he was getting interest from "High level FBS schools".

We have room for both running backs and needed the depth you are referring to.

I am unimpressive? Sweet burn bro.

His tape is very meh. Hes not breaking tackles, dragging people, running away from anyone, or showing excellent cutting ability. He caught a bunch of swing passes and made the yards that were blocked. Am I wrong or are we on a message board dedicated to expressing our opinion on these things?

Im glad we wrestled him away from NHU and Sacred Heart. But as impressed as I am with Arkeel and Marriner, I am unimpressed here.

How bout you stop with ridiculous personal attacks. Terrific.

Reaction Score
I know it's crazy, to think it, but to think that there are football players in the world, guys with 11 low speed in the 100m, that also are big enough, strong enough, and have the mental love to play football, and are pretty good at it, that are actually pretty smart and are driven and dedicated. The kind of smarts that attracts the Ivy league colleges of the world, and the kind of dedication and drive and commitment to some kind of purpose, that attracts the military academy types of institutions.

In fact, historically, this type of profile of player - is exactly what college football is built on. It's the type of profile of player, that I want associated with the wordmark - UCONN. And the wolfdog image too.

FWIW: These are also the kinds of players, where their moms, girlfriends, and then eventually wives tell them that they shouldn't play because concussions will make you dumb and they don't want your kids to play either because concussions will make you dumb (but they play anyway), and knee and leg injuries eventually end their playing days.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score

I don't know -- to me it looked like what you would see from any number of D1 level recruits. It didn't blow me away like the film for Todman or Nick Williams but he seemed to have adequate vision and balance. Speed is tough to gauge based on the competition but he was clearly one of the faster guys on the field.

Reaction Score
I am unimpressive? Sweet burn bro.

His tape is very meh. Hes not breaking tackles, dragging people, running away from anyone, or showing excellent cutting ability. He caught a bunch of swing passes and made the yards that were blocked. Am I wrong or are we on a message board dedicated to expressing our opinion on these things?

Im glad we wrestled him away from NHU and Sacred Heart. But as impressed as I am with Arkeel and Marriner, I am unimpressed here.

How bout you stop with ridiculous personal attacks. Terrific.

So it's ok for you to call someone unimpressive but if someone says you are unimpressive it's a personal attack? Um....ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom