Brianna Banks!! | The Boneyard

Brianna Banks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure why she left the UCONN womens BB program but she is what this year team is missing. They do not have a person that can score when the shot clock goes under 10 seconds like in the past (Diana, Renee Mont, Sue Bird, Bria, Nykesha, Maya, to name a few). Not saying she is on that level but she is better than anyone on the current roster at getting her own shot. Mo Jeff can is the closest but she needs to play more under control. Also, Banks could play solid def on the other teams most athletic player.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was hoping this contained some news on Brianna, who is one of my favorite "no longer UCONN" transfer players. I wish her tremendous success in Happy Valley...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Unless Brianna improved a lot over the summer, she was not going to get many minutes this year. In her three years at UConn, she did learn the UConn offense and defense (a problem for her as a freshman), but otherwise did not improve a lot. She still had weaknesses on defense (people driving by her) and decision-making.

I vividly remember in the Baylor game when she went under a screen and thus gave Odyssey Sims a wide-open 3, and then compounded the problem by fouling her after the shot went up. That was rather early in the game, and Geno pulled her out and never put her back in after that. She made mistakes like that with some regularity -- understandable in a freshman but not in a 3-year veteran.

There is no good reason why she should have been consigned to the bench during the NCAA tournament, but her play left Geno with no alternative.

It is notable how some Boneyarders are eager to see players who have left, or who aren't here yet, as solutions for any problems that the current team is experiencing.

I still wish her well at Penn State, and I think there is a good chance that she will have a productive year there next year. Maybe she will even be given a chance in the WNBA. But that doesn't mean that she would have contributed more to UConn this year than Saniya or any of the freshmen.

Reaction Score
Not sure why she left the UCONN womens BB program but she is what this year team is missing. They do not have a person that can score when the shot clock goes under 10 seconds like in the past (Diana, Renee Mont, Sue Bird, Bria, Nykesha, Maya, to name a few). Not saying she is on that level but she is better than anyone on the current roster at getting her own shot. Mo Jeff can is the closest but she needs to play more under control. Also, Banks could play solid def on the other teams most athletic player.

What?

Reaction Score

At the risk of insulting a first time poster I apologize in advance, it is not my intent. I do take umbrage with your comment though. To a fault I kind of think Geno & Chris have a clue and if it was best for the team and or Brianna to be here she still would be. She absolutely was not the reason we lost a game which is the only thing you could base this comment on.
It's a new year, new team. Some years you have better continuity than others along with the schedule. We faced a possible final four team and lost a close game in their house, not bad. Actually I like it as they will now have a horse to beat, that being a loss. Does not happen very often around here.
Maybe we will see her again in the tourney. She went to a good team in a good conference and I wish her & them luck.

Reaction Score
I am not offended by anyone's response but I was hoping people could see what the issues are with this team. There is no one on this team that can create their own shot with under 10 seconds on the shot clock outside of Mo Jeff, who is out of control at times. B. Banks would have been the most athletic player on this team and that missing from this team.

Reaction Score
BigFlip12 - I think everyone agrees that Brianna's departure leaves a hole in the team that is going to take time to fill. For whatever reason, she felt she needed to make a clean start. We can't look back, we can only look forward and see who will be the player that will step up to fill that role. I wish Brianna nothing but the best and hope she finds complete happiness - basketball wise as well as in her personal life.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"Brianna Banks ain't walkin' (back) through that door!" :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I am not offended by anyone's response but I was hoping people could see what the issues are with this team. There is no one on this team that can create their own shot with under 10 seconds on the shot clock outside of Mo Jeff, who is out of control at times. B. Banks would have been the most athletic player on this team and that missing from this team.
How did you come to the conclusion that "there is no one on this team that can create their own shot with under 10 seconds on the shot clock outside of Mo Jeff?" If you have come to this conclusion by watching a season's worth of games then I just simply disagree with you. If you are using only the Stanford game to pass judgment then maybe you should give the UCONN players the benefit of the doubt and watch them for 8 or 10 games before determining they can't create their own shots. Welcome to The Boneyard. :)

Reaction Score
Lets see what happens today........I think we will see a differnt team at Gampel.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom