Brew's Clues - Syracuse | The Boneyard

Brew's Clues - Syracuse

Reaction Score
Props to @nomar for coming up with the name for my post-game notes!

Its been a LONG time since I've been this hyped after a UConn game. Not sure if/when I'll get to sleep!

What I found:

-We came out with poise, energy, toughness and energy. Kept it up the whole game, even when cuse made a couple feeble attempts at runs

-After 2 years of watching us run windshield-wiper offense vs. zones, I was damn giddy with how we attacked the middle of the zone. It reaped big benefits, too!

-Our bigs stepped up bigly tonight! They did the most important thing that we needed them to do: rebound & play tough defense. Things to work on: Yakwe getting more comfortable with the ball in his hands, Carlton getting more aggressive with moves around the hoop. I know we'll see improvements.

-Eric bleeping Cobb!!!

-Our guard play just keeps getting better & better. So many clutch shots from Jalen, Al, & Tarin. First really big game for B. Adams and he looked like a freshman. No worries. A learning experience.

-Polley started off a little tentative but was more and more active & aggressive as the game went on. Great to see

-Other things to work on: FT shooting, limiting turnovers

Brew's pints of the game:

Double NEIPA (Player of the Game) - Cobb
Session IPA (Guard of the Game) - Gilbert
Imperial Stout (Dunk of the Game) - Adams (think it was our only made dunk)
Skunked Drainpour (Cringiest Play of the Game) - Al's missed reverse dunk
Sour Farmhouse Ale (Biggest Whiner/Annoying Person of the Game) - Tie - Nosepicker, Syracuse Fan Board, Whistle-happy Refs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom