Breanna's "take-away" from Stanford and Green Bay | The Boneyard

Breanna's "take-away" from Stanford and Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs' article today on opposing teams being physical with Stewie, and other team members stepping up.

"I have to keep moving," Stewart said. "That's the biggest thing. Make sure I don't stop. If I stop, that's what the defense wants me to do. I've had to make sure I don't get stuck inside. Yes, I have more post-ups and touches, because I can score over the defense that way, but at the same I've got to get out to the perimeter and make the defense weaken that way. That's why [Chris Dailey] says to me every game: 'They're going to be physical. Don't settle. Don't give them what they want.'"

Link: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...20141203-column.html?dssReturn#page=1&z=04102

HGN

Reaction Score
ABSOLUTELY ! By golly I think she's getting it. Stewie is not as strong as she's going to get. Not quite Tamika Catchings yet. But she is getting there. She now knows that one way to counter the physicality is movement. Not let the defense get their hands and body on her. Knowing that if she pushes back she will be called for the foul. So move , move , move.

The key is going to be having the rest of the team Step-Up. Hit open shots and make plays......... Opportunities will be there. And please make FT's.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If she keeps moving we may see fouls called on ND for grabbing her. Its going to happen. Let's hope the refs call it.

Reaction Score
This is nothing new. It the same thing they have been telling her (and she has been repeating in interviews) for the last 3 years...

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
How many 3 second calls did she get in the Stanford game?

Reaction Score
How many 3 second calls did she get in the Stanford game?
I believe 3. I was a little surprised because the refs used to tell her to stop counting the opponents.

Reaction Score
She sure misses the passes from Stef. And Kia. great as she is doing, needs to improve on getting the ball to her. Kia took some shots when Stewie was open for a pass - gotta get it to her more.

Reaction Score
Kia is the x factor that Muffet can't game plan for, she doesn't look fast until she's bringing the ball past half court, and suddenly she's in the lane scoring. She also plays through contact well for and 1's.

Reaction Score
She sure misses the passes from Stef. And Kia. great as she is doing, needs to improve on getting the ball to her. Kia took some shots when Stewie was open for a pass - gotta get it to her more.

Agree, plus Kaleena got called for a charge against GB and Stewie was wide open in the corner just a few feet away. I was really surprised by that play, totally unlike Kaleena.

Reaction Score
Agree, plus Kaleena got called for a charge against GB and Stewie was wide open in the corner just a few feet away. I was really surprised by that play, totally unlike Kaleena.
Agree, but I do like KML driving to the basket. No person I'd rather see at the foul line than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom