2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins Visiting (6/24)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He's a modern lead guard who is an excellent individual creator but has a long way to go in terms of running an offense that lets everybody eat.

Think a bigger version of freshman Kemba.

That’s interesting - I think of him more like Ben Gordon…a guy whose first job is to score but can create and handle at a high level as well.

I have not evaluated him as deeply as others may have. I just don’t see him being recruited to play “1” whereas Kemba was a rocket fueled scorer …but was clearly a 1. Meleek feels different to me.

I’d love to hear your take, I’m not opposed to differing opinion.

Reaction Score
Thomas isn't a 1... but our system doesn't really work like that anyways. Who was our PG: Cam, Newton, or Steph? or Diarra? It just depended on the play.

Thomas will have ample opportunity to lead the offense and get some good film for NBA front offices--just like Steph. But our true lead guard will probably be Nowell.

Reaction Score
That’s interesting - I think of him more like Ben Gordon…a guy whose first job is to score but can create and handle at a high level as well.

I have not evaluated him as deeply as others may have. I just don’t see him being recruited to play “1” whereas Kemba was a rocket fueled scorer …but was clearly a 1. Meleek feels different to me.

I’d love to hear your take, I’m not opposed to differing opinion.
I dont think anyone has said hes being recruited to play the 1. The goal posts are moving here. I said hes a 2/1 and Mullins is more a 3/2.

Reaction Score
He's a modern lead guard who is an excellent individual creator but has a long way to go in terms of running an offense that lets everybody eat.

Think a bigger version of freshman Kemba.
I think he’s way more polished offensively than a freshman Kemba

Reaction Score
BRAYLON MULLINS | SG | INDIANA ELITE

Current 247Sports ranking: No. 93.

Recruitment: Alabama, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Creighton, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Purdue, Stanford, Virginia, Virginia Tech and others.

Bossi's take: We haven't had too many discussions about the rankings just yet, but based on how different members of our staff have written about Mullins and some talk in our group chat, I feel pretty good about writing that the 6-foot-5 two guard from Indiana has put himself in position to make a pretty significant climb. He has size, he is as tough as they come, he's a good athlete and he's shot a sizzling 43.5% from three during Adidas 3SSB play per Synergy. Look, it isn't like Mullins had been completely overlooked prior to the past few months. He entered the spring with nearly 15 scholarship offers and six of them were from high majors. But, he's up to 25 offers now and has added 11 more high major offers in the last month and has a chance to be one of the biggest risers in the rankings update.

Reaction Score
Was just about to post this - sounds like he’s ready to schedule … I’m guessing the coach being here is a major part of the equation.
Rhetorical question. How will he be able to turn DH down after all the unbelievable positive media about him this past week?
I know there's other schools out there but if DH comes back he'd sure have a major halo around his head for some time to come.

Reaction Score
Rhetorical question. How will he be able to turn DH down after all the unbelievable positive media about him this past week?
I know there's other schools out there but if DH comes back he'd sure have a major halo around his head for some time to come.
Right. Maybe he will self-reflect , assuming DH comes back, as follows:

"If the Lakers think DH is good enough for them, why not good enough for you?"

Reaction Score
On the flip side what happened the last few days could place doubt in a recruit's mind as to whether Hurley will be here long. You know other coaches will be using it against UConn.

Reaction Score
On the flip side what happened the last few days could place doubt in a recruit's mind as to whether Hurley will be here long. You know other coaches will be using it against UConn.
That's a good point. I could see Jon Scheyer and others needing to do that if DH starts getting guys who normally focused solely on their "dream" schools. You know, the schools and coaches who "put players in the NBA".............even though they would be in the NBA if I were their coach.

I don't pay much attention to the NBA or the coaching changes so I don't recall seeing this much hype and praise from high level former NBA stars for a prospective coach. Effusive is probably the term that best describes it. Especially meaningful when you see it from players like Magic Johnson and JR Smith.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

And it won’t work.

Scheyer - “Hurley is being linked to NBA teams. You don’t know if he’s going to be there next year or in two years.”

Hurley - “I turned down Kentucky and the Lakers within a month of each other to stay at UCONN. Foot Stays On Gas.”

Reaction Score
And it won’t work.

Scheyer - “Hurley is being linked to NBA teams. You don’t know if he’s going to be there next year or in two years.”

Hurley - “I turned down Kentucky and the Lakers within a month of each other to stay at UCONN. Foot Stays On Gas.”

Scheyer - "I'll be here. You can be sure no NBA team will never want me as their coach."

Reaction Score
Scheyer can say what he wants.

Hurley got 2 chips and Scheyer has none as of yet.

NBA current and past stars wanted Hurley to coach in the NBA, and they never mentioned Scheyer's name.

Who has more cred so far?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom