Bradley sacked by Swansea | The Boneyard

Bradley sacked by Swansea

Reaction Score
Deservedly. Interim manager named internally while they look for perm replacement.

Link

Reaction Score
Very odd situation. Was Bradley in over his head? Or did he never receive a full effort from the players? I personally was hoping this would not end the way that it did. It is impossible to tell if Bradley's tactical knowledge of the sport had any impact on the decision.

A couple of quotes from the article:

"Yet the West Ham defeat was viewed as a gamechanger within the club and the feeling afterwards was that Bradley’s relationship with the supporters was damaged to such an extent that he had reached the point of no return."

"Rightly or wrongly, the fact that Bradley was the first American to manage in the Premier League raised doubts among some as to whether he was equipped to steer the club clear of the relegation zone – ..."

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The fact that he couldn't pick one lineup after 11 games spoke volumes. Look, this roster is thin on talent. That falls squarely on ownership. The selling of Williams and Ayew were terrible. However, Bradley left Leroy Fer, the leading scorer on the team, on the bench. The man barely made an appearance. However, he continued to play Neil Taylor on the flank even though he got burned and burned.

This team is in deep trouble, no matter the manager. They need to get someone in place ASAP and then open the piggy bank and get some players in here that can salvage this season.

To be honest, I don't think this team is reaching safety and will be relegated. I really hope I'm wrong and a miracle happens but the fact that they have dropped points to every bottom team besides Sunderland is a bad sign. After their next two, their following games are killer.....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There may have been some internal politics (shocker for Euro soccer, I know) but I don't think it was fair. His players suck, his goalie sucks. They should have allowed him to bring in some transfers. The first goal they gave up on Monday was an embarrassment to the sport. West Ham should have called a do-over out of principle.

They are 4 points from safety, it's not like they were buried. beat the other 4 terrible teams around you and escape.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
When a new manager comes into a team in the relegation fight- you do what Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce do- fix the defending first. Bradley didn't do that and the tweaks he brought caused them to give up 3 to 4 goals a game. Had he worked on the defending first and had that stabilized, then he could have worked on scoring more goals.

The team is a shell of what it was a few years ago due to transfer outs, age and a lack of game changing youth. That being said, they are still more talented than Hull City, Sunderland and maybe even Middlesborough. I feel for the supporters of that club. I hope they stay up.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
There may have been some internal politics (shocker for Euro soccer, I know) but I don't think it was fair. His players suck, his goalie sucks. They should have allowed him to bring in some transfers. The first goal they gave up on Monday was an embarrassment to the sport. West Ham should have called a do-over out of principle.

They are 4 points from safety, it's not like they were buried. beat the other 4 terrible teams around you and escape.
Their defense does blow. It was an issue last year and it only hit worse this year. However, I can't call Fabianski garbage. The man gets peppered with shots every game because his defenders can't defend set pieces or any attacks.

I don't think they could wait for the transfer window. Bradley showed that he couldn't stop the scoring. They weren't losing close games and in many cases, as soon as the opponent scored, they'd score more in bunches. That's a reflection of a team that's not coached well.

I'm really hoping they get someone in there quick and allow them full reign of the transfer market. They brought in American investors to bring in more cash. So far they haven't shown that through the summer market.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
When a new manager comes into a team in the relegation fight- you do what Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce do- fix the defending first. Bradley didn't do that and the tweaks he brought caused them to give up 3 to 4 goals a game. Had he worked on the defending first and had that stabilized, then he could have worked on scoring more goals.

The team is a shell of what it was a few years ago due to transfer outs, age and a lack of game changing youth. That being said, they are still more talented than Hull City, Sunderland and maybe even Middlesborough. I feel for the supporters of that club. I hope they stay up.
I was really hoping they'd sack Bradley and land Big Sam. When CP got him I was pretty pissed. The writing was on the wall with Bradley and they waited too long.

Reaction Score

They've given up 31 goals in 11 games. In eight games they gave up three goals or more.

It's not as if his hiring was on merit anyways and the squad wasn't taking him seriously.

Reaction Score
Someone tell these American owners about a man named Bruce, please

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They've given up 31 goals in 11 games. In eight games they gave up three goals or more.

It's not as if his hiring was on merit anyways and the squad wasn't taking him seriously.

I don't know about the squad accepting him. It's possible because FA soccer is an especially inbred culture.

I warched most of the games. The paternal was usually some gaffe to get them behind, then they chase, then they get pummeled on the counter assuming they could keep possession.

The gaffes were pretty bad, a lot on sets, too many by the keeper.

I you wanted to sack him by doing slightly worse than his predecessor, or not winning over the dressing room fine, but I don't think they are so far behind that he couldn't have turned it around given some new players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom