Bracketology - week of Feb 20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology - week of Feb 20

Reaction Score
You asked what seeding Stanford and UConn “deserve”, a question whose province, by definition, is the committee's.

You imply that that a win over Maryland should be treated as a win over the #20 team, since that was their AP ranking at the time of the game. But then you'd also have to treat UConn's loss to NC State as a loss to an unranked team, right?
Are you trying to refute someone in the BY? That's a bizarre activity. But, fine. Just to be clear, "deserve" doesn't belong to 'the committee', by definition, or royal grant, or any other sign of authority. Deserts are in the eye of the beholder, as every moral agent anywhere knows. We all get to make sense of the phenomena of Charlie's bracket as we see fit. I offered mine -- in effect, Stanford doesn't seem to me to "deserve a #1 seed. Feel free to offer yours, and please don't feel any obligation to prove anyone else's wrong. I'm sure your opinion will be well-reasoned all by itself.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I think Charlie is making that call based on Princeton and Columbia going 1-1 against each other. The Ivy tourney still needs to happen though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I believe that Charlie is incorrect on this. The Ivy league has the Tournament winner as the AQ effective last year.
I think Charlie is making that call based on Princeton and Columbia going 1-1 against each other. The Ivy tourney still needs to happen though.
He tentatively pencils in the current conference leader as AQ. In the event of a tie (as with the Ivy) he has some arbitrary way of designating one of them as projected AQ, with the understanding that the conference tournament will ultimately decide this.

Same situation with the Horizon League. Green Bay and Cleveland State are tied at 16-2. He currently has Cleveland State as the projected AQ and Green Bay as a projected at-large team.

The good news is that Princeton seems well positioned to get a bid even if they lose the Ivy tournament, provided they don't take multiple losses to teams other than Columbia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom