Bracketology - Now FSU in UConn's Bracket | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology - Now FSU in UConn's Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If the NCAA cares about big crowds then they'll have the Gamecocks in Greensboro. I could see as many as 10,000 USC fans at that regional final on a Sunday afternoon. It's only 3 hours from Columbia to Greensboro. If we get shipped off to OKC, I'll be one sad rooster, though I might still go out there.

I posted about this earlier in the season........ if Carolina Jr went to Greensboro... the coliseum would seriously have to consider raising the black curtain to increase the capacity to handle the demand. They did it in 1999 when it was Duke, Tenn, VPI, and ODU in the regionals. If only yall had dispatched of Kentucky last weekend :oops:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I posted about this earlier in the season... if Carolina Jr went to Greensboro... the coliseum would seriously have to consider raising the black curtain to increase the capacity to handle the demand. They did it in 1999 when it was Duke, Tenn, VPI, and ODU in the regionals. If only yall had dispatched of Kentucky last weekend :oops:

I know; Greensboro would be certain if we had beaten Kentucky. That said, there isn't an appreciable difference in distance for ND if they go to GSO or OKC, so I would hope the NCAA would realize that. North Carolina isn't like NY/NJ where there are a lot of ND fans, so I'd expect poor attendance with them there.

As far as the curtain is concerned, it would definitely have to be raised. If we sent almost 3000 fans to Duke (a little further than GSO) for a regular season game, you can imagine how many rabid roosters would be in Greensboro.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know; Greensboro would be certain if we had beaten Kentucky. That said, there isn't an appreciable difference in distance for ND if they go to GSO or OKC, so I would hope the NCAA would realize that. North Carolina isn't like NY/NJ where there are a lot of ND fans, so I'd expect poor attendance with them there.

As far as the curtain is concerned, it would definitely have to be raised. If we sent almost 3000 fans to Duke (a little further than GSO) for a regular season game, you can imagine how many rabid roosters would be in Greensboro.

There were a good number of ND fans over the weekend at the ACC tournament... and if they were sent here along with TN..... attendance would be good.

I assume TN fans would want to be sent to Spokane instead of Greensboro........ make FSU the 2, ASU the 3 and Duke the 4 seed here

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
There were a good number of ND fans over the weekend at the ACC tournament... and if they were sent here along with TN..... attendance would be good.

I assume TN fans would want to be sent to Spokane instead of Greensboro... make FSU the 2, ASU the 3 and Duke the 4 seed here

After we blew out UT in the SECTCG, I would be beyond livid if they got to stay that close to home and we got sent to the dust bowl.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
After we blew out UT in the SECTCG, I would be beyond livid if they got to stay that close to home and we got sent to the dust bowl.

And to make things worse.... the OKC and the Greensboro regional will be playing at the same time...... Imagine you watching your team in OKC at the exact same time TN is playing in Greensboro ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
And to make things worse.... the OKC and the Greensboro regional will be playing at the same time. Imagine you watching your team in OKC at the exact same time TN is playing in Greensboro ;)

The mad Hungarian in me would come out. It would NOT be pretty. :mad:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
But what the fans or the team wants is not anything the committee needs to consider according to any guideline, and officially whether the Vols would be happier in Spokane means squat if geography trumps everything else, even competitive balance. But it has been a special year for USCar with the attendance surge, so who knows whether that factor will make the committee put more weight on some less straightforward interpretation of some rules.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
But what the fans or the team wants is not anything the committee needs to consider according to any guideline, and officially whether the Vols would be happier in Spokane means squat if geography trumps everything else, even competitive balance. But it has been a special year for USCar with the attendance surge, so who knows whether that factor will make the committee put more weight on some less straightforward interpretation of some rules.
The real issue for me, per se, is not necessarily about OKC this season, but with OKC on top of West Lafayette/Fresno, Boulder and Seattle/Palo Alto the last 3 seasons. When you watch games on TV with a few hundred in attendance, it isn't exciting for anyone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Well if the Vols want to go to the final 4... they need to go to Spokane. They aint beating ND in Greensboro........

Reaction Score
The more I read the less I understand.... so I will wait until 3/16 In a half hour all will be spelled out

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
True, but it gives us something to talk about in the interim.
Not that any of us really know what we're talking about.

But we can talk the talk until the selection walks their walk.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not that any of us really know what we're talking about.

But we can talk the talk until the selection walks their walk.
I have baseball to keep me occupied for the next week, but I prefer basketball.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I believe Louisville, Maryland, and Tennessee were all in the same Regional last year; doubt that happens again (Spokane).

With Notre Dame in the ACC, and the ACC hosting the Greensboro Regional, that could have a bearing on who gets sent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom