Boykin transferring | The Boneyard

Boykin transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per ESPN Women's Hoops Twitter.

Freshman forward De’Janae Boykin has decided to transfer from @UconnWBB, Geno Auriemma has announced.

Reaction Score
Well Tony, you were right about no redshirt for her.:(

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
1. I wish the best for DJB in all she does, and feel awful that things did not work out at UCONN. Crap. Really wanted to see her succeed in Storrs!

2. Since the moment I learned she was not in the Christmas card, I was afraid this is what would happen, and soon.

Reaction Score
Not surprised if this is true, but as of right now she is still listed on the official roster.

Reaction Score
I am so sorry to hear this. DJ is a talented basketball player. I realize only DJ and her family know what's best for her. I do believe, however, that if this young woman had been willing and able to battle through Geno's brand of tough love, she would have emerged as a far stronger human being, ready for whatever the future holds. As it is, I only wish her the best and hope that she will find her path to her goals.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Courant has picked it up: http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...nae-boykin-transfers-1216-20151215-story.html

Quote from Geno: "Recently De'Janae expressed her desire to be closer to home," Auriemma said. "She is a great kid and I am glad I was able to get to know De'Janae and her family. The entire coaching staff and team wish her nothing but the best in the future."
With what she did for her brother, being close to home sounds about right. Wish her best of luck. Bummer we didn't get to see her talent here.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
With what she did for her brother, being close to home sounds about right. Wish her best of luck. Bummer we didn't get to see her talent here.

Good point.

Reaction Score
I remember the story about her brother. That made her really special in my eyes. If she is going somewhere close to home I guess one of the DC schools like GW or Georgetown. She could go to Bowie State which is Div. II but is really close to her home.

HGN

Reaction Score
This is really sad news...............But I guess I understand it. And I wish her nothing but the best. I just wish NONE of the obstacles ( wrist injury, Achilles , academics) had occurred such that she could have stepped out on the floor for UConn.........And for herself. From all I have read from the time she was recruited until now she was a nice and talented person.

Good Luck DJ.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
do she lose anything, can she play right away at another school?

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
or Maryland scoops her up. They did it for the Duke guy who was kicked off the team (can you spell sexual assault?)...
Just don't let her land at tOSU.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Being injured right at the beginning of your Freshman year especially at a place like UConn is really tough to recover from. Anyone would be behind the eight ball to try to crack this rotation. I am disappointed of all the speculation about her academics. I am sure that didn't help the situation. Hopefully, her best fit is in College Park. G-d speed.

Reaction Score
or Maryland scoops her up. They did it for the Duke guy who was kicked off the team (can you spell sexual assault?)...
Just don't let her land at tOSU.
Maryland don't have a scholarship to offer her and Maryland don't have a redshirt junior (or two) who we can reject for their senior season.

HGN

Reaction Score
I remember the story about her brother. That made her really special in my eyes. If she is going somewhere close to home I guess one of the DC schools like GW or Georgetown. She could go to Bowie State which is Div. II but is really close to her home.
All good possibilities. Whatever she decides she has my Best Wishes. I think she is a good kid.

Reaction Score
Per ESPN Women's Hoops Twitter.

Freshman forward De’Janae Boykin has decided to transfer from @UconnWBB, Geno Auriemma has announced.

Not surprised.. wish her best of luck where ever she ends up...

Reaction Score
I hope she does well elsewhere.
But it's really going to hurt us next year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best wishes to DJB. Perhaps her brother's situation was a factor in her wanting to be closer to home.

Georgetown, Maryland, and GWU are all reasonable options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom