Boston College | The Boneyard

Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
15th seeded BC just had their season end on Day 1 of the ACC tournament. 15th would be dead last.

The ACC move has really been disastrous for their basketball programs. They had reached Sweet 16 level on both the men's and women's side. Now they are in the basement.

Was Cathy Inglese fired? Did not turn out to be a smart move.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
15th seeded BC just had their season end on Day 1 of the ACC tournament. 15th would be dead last.

The ACC move has really been disastrous for their basketball programs. They had reached Sweet 16 level on both the men's and women's side. Now they are in the basement.

Was Cathy Inglese fired? Did not turn out to be a smart move.
Others here would know more details, but the BC AD, Gene Defillipo, canned her to bring in a "big" name with an ACC background, some former UNC player. She was a disaster, and they have not recovered. Inglese was really solid everywhere she had coached.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
For the love of God capitulate and advocate for uconn to be in the ACC.
There is a theory that if BC had to compete with UConn the Eagles would be at a competitive disadvantage, and that is why they want to isolate UConn (but MikeD can explain this all better on his BCgenius twit line). I actually think that with their programs diving downward they might get some resurgence if they got to renew a rivalry with a New England school. But hey, maybe ND will save them.

Reaction Score
I find it remarkable that the ACC continues to allow BC to block UConn. It's a whole long time since Doug Flutie threw Hail Mary passes, and if UConn was in the conference the supremacy of ACC hoops, both men and women, would be beyond question.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
There is a theory that if BC had to compete with UConn the Eagles would be at a competitive disadvantage, and that is why they want to isolate UConn (but MikeD can explain this all better on his BCgenius twit line). I actually think that with their programs diving downward they might get some resurgence if they got to renew a rivalry with a New England school. But hey, maybe ND will save them.

Didn't I recently read that BC was renewing its old rivalry with Holy Cross?

If so, is that just for football? Or other sports?

Or am I mistaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits