Boneyard via Chrome???? | The Boneyard

Boneyard via Chrome????

Reaction Score
I was just curious if anyone is having issues with the Boneyard using Google Chrome? I have been having issues with the page continually loading so it is unresponsive.... also the page will start scrolling on it own and will just keep moving down the page... then it sits and the wheel spins and says it is loading...

Anyone having issues? and if so what have you done to make it better?

Reaction Score
I use Chrome to browse the page, but don't think I've had the issues you have. Sometimes a page takes a bit longer to load than I prefer (I blame the ads for this), but it generally gets loaded eventually.

Does refreshing the suspect page fix the issue, or does it happen again and again?

edit: Actually, now that I am paying more attention, I do get situations where the "loading" icon persists even though the page seems to be loaded. I still blame the ads. I'm not sure I would describe it as "unresponsive" exactly, but this page has never been the snappiest, so long as ads are loading. Every once in a while I'll get a real resource-sapper of an ad.

Reaction Score
Yes I have been locking up on Chrome. It finally gives me a dialog box saying the page is unresponsive and asks if I want to wait or kill it. The "Kill" button goes to a "Reload" button which reloads the page and then it's OK - at least for a while. Not limited to the Boneyard, and doesn't happen all the time. Just started a couple days ago. No problems with Safari on iPad and iPhone.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yes I have been locking up on Chrome. It finally gives me a dialog box saying the page is unresponsive and asks if I want to wait or kill it. The "Kill" button goes to a "Reload" button which reloads the page and then it's OK - at least for a while. Not limited to the Boneyard, and doesn't happen all the time. Just started a couple days ago. No problems with Safari on iPad and iPhone.

It sounds like a local issue probably from a chrome extension. You could also have a bug. I would totally blow away your chrome browser to original settings and try again.

Reaction Score
It sounds like a local issue probably from a chrome extension. You could also have a bug. I would totally blow away your chrome browser to original settings and try again.
Thanks

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Site speed is monitored real time. That doesn't mean everyone sees the same speed. When I tinker to solve one problem for a few people, it creates a problem for a different group of people.

And of course the ads can cause problems for some. More often than not it's a security/privacy setting on the user's computer. If you know a certain ad is causing a problem, click the little blue arrow at the top of an ad, and change your settings. You should be able to do this for most internet sites.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom