Boneyard/Kindle Fire | The Boneyard

Boneyard/Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before I jump in and buy the Kindle Fire I'm hoping someone out there could tell me if the Boneyard is easily accessible on the device. I've read that some websites "freeze" but have no idea if that's a result of local connection problems or the device itself.

Thanks!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Hasn't there been a hunk of bad reviews for the Fire?

Reaction Score
Hasn't there been a hunk of bad reviews for the Fire?

It seems last month's software update improved a couple of main issues including security and the jumpiness of connections. Two people I know love it but use it mainly for ebooks and email. Don't know how sites like the Boneyard behave on it.

I was only going to buy the Kindle Touch for library borrowing but if $100 more gets me email and website options it seems worth it IF earlier problems have indeed been fixed.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im not sure if internet browsing is its strength... but I hear its better than the Nook as far as web surfing goes!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If it is an option, go for an iPad. I know it's expensive but it blows other tablets away.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Before I jump in and buy the Kindle Fire I'm hoping someone out there could tell me if the Boneyard is easily accessible on the device. I've read that some websites "freeze" but have no idea if that's a result of local connection problems or the device itself.

Thanks!

Yes, there is an app called Tapatalk that you can buy in the Amazon app store once you have your Fire. ($2.99).

It makes reading the boards on a mobile device much easier.

If you need help with it or have any questions, shoot me a private message and I'll walk you through it.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Some people buy the Kindle Fire expecting IPad like performance. When it doesn't measure up they are disappointed. The thing is - the Kindle Fire is primarily an e-book reader that has some secondary features.
Outside of complaints from people expecting more than it is, the only other issue I have read about was a security problem that was supposedly corrected by an update.
JMO but if you want a device to read books the Kindle Fire is a good bet. If you want a mobile browser it's probably not the best choice.

Reaction Score
Yes, there is an app called Tapatalk that you can buy in the Amazon app store once you have your Fire. ($2.99).

It makes reading the boards on a mobile device much easier.

If you need help with it or have any questions, shoot me a private message and I'll walk you through it.

Reaction Score

Thanks!

Mine works great. I watched a game on Hoopstreams recently on the Fire with a terrific image and no audio problems.

Reaction Score
Mine works great. I watched a game on Hoopstreams recently on the Fire with a terrific image and no audio problems.

Thanks to everyone for their input!

slug, 25 - So relieved to read that someone has had success on the web with the Kindle Fire. I'm heading to Best Buy tomorrow to try one out. Hopefully they will let me access my Boneyard account in-store.

Fishy - If I purchase a Kindle Fire tomorrow, that app you recommended will be the first one I'll buy . . . and I will definitely take you up on your offer to help via email if necessary. Thank you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No problem - good luck.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
If it is an option, go for an iPad. I know it's expensive but it blows other tablets away.
I'm sure the ipad blows several cheap tablets away, but the Toshiba Thrive 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi is very comparable, and less expensive. Great deal on it for a few more hours here:

http://www.woot.com/

And I think several other android tablets offer comparable performance to the ipad, at better prices.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
The New York Times published an article about bad reviews of the Fire, and the author reported soon afterwards that he had heard from numerous readers who were very pleased with it. I purchased it the day it was announced and am quite satisfied with it. Its main use for me will be as an update to the my original, aging Kindle e-reader. But I use it for general purpose web browsing and for watching movies. I have also been able to read the Boneyard (was not aware until now of Tapatalk, which I have purchased), the Summitt, the New York Times, and ESPN quite effectively through the web browser.

I think you will find that it is easy to read the Boneyard on the Fire, but you may not want to post from there, because of the limitations of the virtual keyboard (common to any tablet device). You will also be able to watch games on Hoopstreams with no real difficulty. I have even had reasonable success with ESPN3, although that can be frustrating.

I do not own an iPad because of the cost, but I did just purchase an iPhone 4S and will need to figure out whether and how I can do these things on that device.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm sure the ipad blows several cheap tablets away, but the Toshiba Thrive 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi is very comparable, and less expensive. Great deal on it for a few more hours here:

http://www.woot.com/

And I think several other android tablets offer comparable performance to the ipad, at better prices.
its refurbished, some dont mind others do.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My own Android tablet is a Toshiba Thrive.

It is a buggy piece of s***. Buy an iPad, buy a Fire, throw $300 out a window, but spare yourself having to deal with the Thrive. Android tablets, as of now, do not offer comparable performance to an iPad.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
My own Android tablet is a Toshiba Thrive.

It is a buggy piece of s***. Buy an iPad, buy a Fire, throw $300 out a window, but spare yourself having to deal with the Thrive. Android tablets, as of now, do not offer comparable performance to an iPad.
watch ya mouth, I have a Acer a500 16GB lol

Reaction Score
LOVE my brand-new Kindle Fire!

After playing for about an hour I have found I can easily access the Boneyard from the device but can't bring up the keyboard in order to post. As soon as I figure out how to add money to my Amazon account I'll add the app Fishy suggested to see if that will allow me to post.

Back to playing . . .:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg