Boneyard Badass Awards for Victory over SMU. . . | The Boneyard

Boneyard Badass Awards for Victory over SMU. . .

Reaction Score
Absolutely! KLS had one heck of a game. I can't wait until we're sitting here during her senior year talking about how far she's come, because it's only going to get better. (I mean, I can wait of course - but you know what I mean!) And Gabby... I'm always at a loss for words in such a good way. Her hustle, her skill, her work ethic is just incredible. We're so lucky to have her.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Say hell yes about KLS. Her play was badass and very much WBCA AA-worthy. HoH wall for Katie Lou? Hell yes once again!

Reaction Score
Having lobbied for Pheesa above, I'm now going to make the case for Lou.

Lou took the game over with minutes to go in the half and made sure that UConn went into the locker room feeling strong and with a commanding game. In fact, no player may have taken over a game like that since Crystal against Baylor.

Reaction Score
Upon further review. . .

. . .a third Boneyard Badass Award goes to Napheesa Collier.:)

(Correcting an inexcusable oversight.:rolleyes:)
On more reviews you will have to add Kia and Chong ....LOL
I do believe Chong had a solid night in defense and offense.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I got to admit this is becoming more stressful since every single game, at least 3 huskies have badass numbers and simply look badass for different reasons. Here we go again. Lou, Pheesa and Gabby again and honorable mentions for Kia, Butler and Saniya. I imagine this can be repeated without change again and again.

Reaction Score
. . . go to Katie Lou Samuelson and Gabby Williams.:):)
While the entire team --should not (at least often) be considered for the Award or the Award loses -importance--
Having said that--each game it gets more an more difficult to separate --extreme ba or just average ba.
I have no issue with Gabby --BA award isn't about who score the most--it's about who expended the most directed effort--
that is just my opinion--What factors makes a Game BA?????

Reaction Score
Unfortunately--it can't be everyone every week---but I go along with Kia and Chong--i'd add Butler --again she got aggressive (not normal for natalie), took position of the Post and battled hard. She scored well and didn't look immediately to pass. All great steps forward. One knock--and it's not new--she once again brought the ball down to dribble and 2 little guys took it away---easily. But she battled, even Dove to the floor for a couple of loose balls--that was new. She's coming!!!

Reaction Score
I got to admit this is becoming more stressful since every single game, at least 3 huskies have badass numbers and simply look badass for different reasons. Here we go again. Lou, Pheesa and Gabby again and honorable mentions for Kia, Butler and Saniya. I imagine this can be repeated without change again and again.
This is good, is it?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not nominating her for badass BUT... I'd just like to give kudos to Saniya again. I thought she did a LOT of things that did not show up on the stat sheet (Meg pointed out that terrific screen she set in the 1st quarter that allowed KLS to have an uncontested and wide open 3 point shot). 8 points, 4 assists, 2 boards, 3 steals and 2 TO's. Oh, and she played 36 minutes - the most on the team. I sure HOPE her confidence is high because she really is playing terrific UCONN basketball!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Not nominating her for badass BUT... I'd just like to give kudos to Saniya again. I thought she did a LOT of things that did not show up on the stat sheet (Meg pointed out that terrific screen she set in the 1st quarter that allowed KLS to have an uncontested and wide open 3 point shot). 8 points, 4 assists, 2 boards, 3 steals and 2 TO's. Oh, and she played 36 minutes - the most on the team. I sure HOPE her confidence is high because she really is playing terrific UCONN basketball!
+1
That tipped pass and save was really great to see.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saniya is playing very good basketball. I want her to keep it up through early April. We'll miss her next year, though the addition of 6 players will be more than an offset.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Saniya is playing very good basketball. I want her to keep it up through early April. We'll miss her next year, though the addition of 6 players will be more than an offset.

Hmm. Let's see. We graduate Lawlor and Chong but activate Stevens and Camara and enroll Walker, Coombs, Espinoza-Hunter and Gordon. A sort of a two-for-six roster adjustment.:)

Makes me think of that trade Danny Ainge made with the Nets a few years ago.:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom