Boise Discussed At BE Meeting | The Boneyard

Boise Discussed At BE Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Brett McMurphy
"At Big East meeting Tuesday Boise discussed as football-only member; not strongly considered cuz of distance/NCAA issues"

So Air Force would be cool, but Boise wouldn't?

Reaction Score
Probably one of the best Twitter follows I've made in recent memory.

Reaction Score
Can someone please tell me where Air Force would park their other sports? No way MWC will let them.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
West Coast Conference? w/ BYU

Reaction Score
West Coast Conference? w/ BYU
Could make sense as Air Force basketball is decent (or at least they were a few years back), probably depends on BYU staying in the conference as to provide a travel partner.

Reaction Score
If it's football only, I really don't care where they are located. IMO, geography is only important for the other sports, with the possible exception of MBB, however that could be too much travel for a student-athlete. Let's pack the new league with as many ranked teams as possible.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Can someone please tell me where Air Force would park their other sports? No way MWC will let them.
WAC already a hybrid, so is C-USA. I don't think that's much of an issue...

Reaction Score
Boise State may be the only option that would let us keep our BCS bid. If our conference looked like this we might still have a chance. This is what the conference should look like next year if they can string together the best possible case scenario. This is the best case for the BE and not UConn who still needs to be looking for a way out regardless of whether the Big East can hold onto it's BCS bid for a few more years.

Eastern Football Division
Connecticut
Rutgers
East Carolina
West Virginia
Central Florida
Navy

Western Football Division
Cincinnati
Louisville
South Florida
Texas Christian
Boise State
Air Force

Notre Dame
Georgetown
St. John’s
Seton Hall
DePaul
Marquette
Providence
Villanova

Navy and Air Force would be FB only but the other additions would have to be all sports I would guess. It really doesn't matter at this point how lousy their basketball is. Hey at least Providence and Seton Hall may be able to get out of the cellar....

I really am going to hate whatever the Big East is next year. It's really hard to get over what is happening to it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The service academies have backed off since the Pitt and Cuse move. They are waiting to see how things play out. Which is another way of saying they are watching to see if more will teams bolt to the B12 or ACC. If things stop than they probably would join the BE. Also there is a possibility Army will join them as well. I know nothing about demographics or branding. My little knowledge was Army is now horrible in football, Navy is decent but both have a nationwide general interest.

Reaction Score
Well, Army did beat Northwestern last weekend. However, it's hard to be competitive in most games when your line is consistently outweighed by 50 pounds. If they'd just drop those physical fitness standards........

Reaction Score
The service academies have backed off since the Pitt and Cuse move. They are waiting to see how things play out. Which is another way of saying they are watching to see if more will teams bolt to the B12 or ACC. If things stop than they probably would join the BE. Also there is a possibility Army will join them as well. I know nothing about demographics or branding. My little knowledge was Army is now horrible in football, Navy is decent but both have a nationwide general interest.

If this is true that the service academies backed off since Pitt and Cuse moved, then how in the world could anyone blame Pitt and Cuse for leaving? They were going to add those teams to the old BE? Why? Because they were football only? Pathetic. And forestall adding Big12 teams? Ridiculous.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If this is true that the service academies backed off since Pitt and Cuse moved, then how in the world could anyone blame Pitt and Cuse for leaving? They were going to add those teams to the old BE? Why? Because they were football only? Pathetic. And forestall adding Big12 teams? Ridiculous.
Someone posted a link to an interview with the AD of Navy. He confirms the Navy was in discussions with the BE about a football only relationship, but has decided to hold off on committing after Pitt and Cuse announced they were leaving the conference.

So Pitt and Cuse knew the BE was adding members for football, but this was not enough to change their minds.

Reaction Score

It's crazy how I've gone from being optimistic for and loving the Big East at the start of the season to just hating it and wanting to escape now.

Reaction Score
Someone posted a link to an interview with the AD of Navy. He confirms the Navy was in discussions with the BE about a football only relationship, but has decided to hold off on committing after Pitt and Cuse announced they were leaving the conference.

So Pitt and Cuse knew the BE was adding members for football, but this was not enough to change their minds.

Probably because football only members are pretty damn pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom