Boeing Brown | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Boeing Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thank you Nan. I have not insulted Boeing once. My opinion is based on what I've read and seen. The only way I/we have to compare he and Cochran is based on competition. Fortunately, they are in the same league and have faced similar opponents. As Bill Parcel's always says, "Stats don't lie." I'm sure Brown is a great kid and I wish him well. However, I don't think he's better then the QB's we have nor Cochran. Personally, I don't care how high they are ranked in the recruiting circles. Dobbs, for example, was a relative unknown on the national recruiting circuit, he lights it up at Milford against quality comp and is now 4 stars and soared up the national recruiting charts. Recruiting is a business, companies make millions of dollars to market these kids on a national level. Dobbs was unknown because he didn't attend all the camps and combines like Brown and Cochran. He goes to Milford Academy, where Coach Chaplick, has a track record and connections with D1 schoools across the country. He becomes relevant. Brown, himself used multimedia services, like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, to get his name out there. Therefore, I don't put much stock in a kids rating. Like I said before, great players find ways to win regardless of how bad his WRs are, or how, "His coaches call ridiculous and predictable plays over and over, they limit what he can do, they do not clearly know how to coach a stud D1 Quarterback, I bet they never have had one until know...they run 70%." (Your words, not mine.) Dobbs, again, is a great example. Last season he was a one-man show at Ansonia, everybody in the stadium knew he was going to get the ball (30-40 times). He not only carried the ball, he carried his young inexperienced team on his back into the Class S title game and did everything he could...in a losing effort...never pointing fingers...never making excuses, to win that game. That's the kind of kid I want to see at UConn. Cochran, who has won two State Titles already. Including one as a freshman, when he was thrust into that situation because of an injury to Jordan Reed (New London/Florida). He knows how to win....That's the kind of kid I want at UConn. It's obvious, CTFootball95, you have a relationship/connection with Brown. I only hope it is "you" who is saying the negative things about his teammates and coaches. I will give Boeing the benefit of the doubt on this one and wish him well.

Reaction Score
I came across this forum after googling uconn 2013 recruits. I was surprised to hear Ct1995 say "His coaches call ridiculous and predictable plays over and over, they limit what he can do, they do not clearly know how to coach a stud D1 Quarterback, I bet they never have had one until know...they run 70%.".
I was like WOW why would they throw less this year after the year Boeing their team had last year? I looked up his stats :

2010 41-80 758 yrds 9 tds 2 pics through 8 games
2011 64-131 980 yrds 7 tds 8 pics through 8 games

Reaction Score
I find it unusual that uconn1385 and Kris1 are brand new, like only a few days or less as members and have such strong interest in the down grading or focus on this one recruit. My opinions or quotes mean nothing, are my words alone, I do not represent anyone and do not know the family. I like the kid, have watched him play, followed posts on him back when this board was on Scout.com and believe in him as well as others. I think others also have followed and like him too. I think College Coaches are the experts in recruiting kids, regardless of recruiting sites (scout, rivals, espn), media (Facebook or Twitter) or other venues. He seems like a very good kid, I hope he does well, I hope all CT kids do well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is gettign dumb. everyone chill. casey is the best qb in ct for 2012 and boeing is the best qb in ct for 2013. i hope we get both. casey is on board and i hope boeing follows. 2013 is a stacked class in ct. there will be atleast 3 qbs thats go bcs imho. boeing seems to be the best of that group. also there are several skill position guys that are going to be getting bcs offers. if PP and UConn play the cards right, UConn could really make a splash with the home state kids next year. later on 2night i'm going to revamp the hs thread i had going with all the prospects. the 1080 limit is all set now so i'm going to freshen it up and add some guys that have been pm'd to me the past couple weeks etc. stop all the crapppy talk and enjoy ct football already. those who want to chat about how good these kids are bring it over to the hs thread later 2night when i get it going again.

Reaction Score
I find it unusual that uconn1385 and Kris1 are brand new, like only a few days or less as members and have such strong interest in the down grading or focus on this one recruit. My opinions or quotes mean nothing, are my words alone, I do not represent anyone and do not know the family. I like the kid, have watched him play, followed posts on him back when this board was on Scout.com and believe in him as well as others. I think others also have followed and like him too. I think College Coaches are the experts in recruiting kids, regardless of recruiting sites (scout, rivals, espn), media (Facebook or Twitter) or other venues. He seems like a very good kid, I hope he does well, I hope all CT kids do well.

I like you said do not know this kid but was curious when I saw all the attention he has gotten. Your right I am brand new and have never written on one of these forums but you got me so congrats lol. As a fan and educator I found it unsettling on how you put down the other players on the team and the coaches. I always try to have facts when I am in a discussion so I found out that Brown goes to the same school that produced one of my favorite Huskies Scott Lutrus so I think his coaches know how to handle a D1 player.

Also here is there record the past 2 years when they have thrown the ball more then 20 times 0-5. And here is there record when they have thrown the ball less then 15 times the past 2 years 9-2.

So since we both don't know Brown let's take so advice from cbrown who I think probably knows him personally- "!oeing loves his team and coaches" and leave at that.
Good luck Boeing!

Reaction Score
this is gettign dumb. everyone chill. casey is the best qb in ct for 2012 and boeing is the best qb in ct for 2013. i hope we get both. casey is on board and i hope boeing follows. 2013 is a stacked class in ct. there will be atleast 3 qbs thats go bcs imho. boeing seems to be the best of that group. also there are several skill position guys that are going to be getting bcs offers. if PP and UConn play the cards right, UConn could really make a splash with the home state kids next year. later on 2night i'm going to revamp the hs thread i had going with all the prospects. the 1080 limit is all set now so i'm going to freshen it up and add some guys that have been pm'd to me the past couple weeks etc. stop all the crapppy talk and enjoy ct football already. those who want to chat about how good these kids are bring it over to the hs thread later 2night when i get it going again.

I respect that. Did not mean to start anything.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Why the hell do so many feel the need to compare Brown and Cochran? They are in 2 different classes. UConn should be taking 2 QBs a year from what I can tell. Also, Brown is not better than any QB UConn has? I sure hope not. UConn's QBs are bad, but I would hope they would all be better than a Junior in HS that plays against horrible competiiton. Brown will be a big time recruit and UConn will be lucky if they get him. It does smell awful troll-y.

Reaction Score

I too was a member on the board when it was on Scout.com. I began following UConn football during my brother's recruitment in the early 90's. In fact, it was during the Orlovsky years when I started frequenting the site. Through the recruitment of Kenny Tinney and Erik Kuraczea, who I coached when I was on the Ansonia staff. So, I'm not new. I recently came back to follow the recruitment of Montrell Dobbs. My original post asked a question, you answered, I responded, you respond, I respond stating my position. That what the board is for, no? Or is it you, Jax, and others who don't agree with my position, start questioning my integrity and calling people "Troll". Nobody on here uses their real name as far as I can see. I have no problem revealing who I am unlike some of the other posters on here.

Keith Soldra
Ansonia High School Class of '91
Coached football at Ansonia from '99-'09
Played baseball and basketball at UConn-Avery Point
B.S. Exercise Science-Human Performance (SCSU, magna cum laude)

Anything else?

Reaction Score
I too was a member on the board when it was on Scout.com. I began following UConn football during my brother's recruitment in the early 90's. In fact, it was during the Orlovsky years when I started frequenting the site. Through the recruitment of Kenny Tinney and Erik Kuraczea, who I coached when I was on the Ansonia staff. So, I'm not new. I recently came back to follow the recruitment of Montrell Dobbs. My original post asked a question, you answered, I responded, you respond, I respond stating my position. That what the board is for, no? Or is it you, Jax, and others who don't agree with my position, start questioning my integrity and calling people "Troll". Nobody on here uses their real name as far as I can see. I have no problem revealing who I am unlike some of the other posters on here.

Keith Soldra
Ansonia High School Class of '91
Coached football at Ansonia from '99-'09
Played baseball and basketball at UConn-Avery Point
B.S. Exercise Science-Human Performance (SCSU, magna cum laude)

Anything else?

......and boom goes the dynamite.....

Reaction Score
Hey Jax

I never got the memo about the QB's being bad.

Mac has been up and down. McCummings has shown he has talent that needs to be polished.

How anyone can say Nebrich is bad is beyond me.

Bad choice of words. (pun intended)

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Hey Jax

I never got the memo about the QB's being bad.

Mac has been up and down. McCummings has shown he has talent that needs to be polished.

How anyone can say Nebrich is bad is beyond me.

Bad choice of words. (pun intended)
Poor choice of words on my part. Johnny Mac is not very good, but the jury is still out on the 2 freshman. Either way, the expectation that Brown would be as good as guys 2 and 3 years older who have had a higher level of coaching is a little silly to me.

Reaction Score
This thread is the most ridiculous thread in Boneyard history. We're pitting 2 young men, who bust their tails off daily. Why, well it seems people either have personal agendas or are mere trolls. Then one of the players father feels the need to defend his son.
I can't blame Mr. Brown, for defending his son. Every father should. But, it should never have to come to this. Not because of a few trolls, or folks who change their handle just to get their opinion in another way.
Good luck to both of these young men whichever direction they choose.

Reaction Score
First off, I have absolutely no attachment whatsover to anything regarding recruiting, except that I'm a frothing at mouth UConn football fan, and I live in CT, and I love football, therefore high school football players, locally, tend to grab my attention. I do have an attachment to the university, being an alumni and donor.

I don't think it's a great idea to give out personal info on a website like this, just my opinion.

Lastly, I have yet to see Boeing Brown play the game. From what I understand, the kid is big, and can throw and understands the game. It's what i've written before. A guy like that can have immediate impact on the program, and if I had my way, all homegrown prospects would wear the blue and white, so I hope he goes to UCOnn even though I haven't seen him, and I will still hope so, after I see him.

But - when it comes to evaluating the position, QB.....toughness, leadership, accuracy. That's what you look for in a QB. You don't know until you see them in the game.

I've seen Cochran play. He's got all three. I haven't seen Brown play yet, so can't say if he's got all three.

As for Dobbs, since he was brought up, I saw this kid play once, and only once, and it was a random thing and I didn't know who he was, jsut saw the kid carrying the ball. But I said to myself, that's a kid we need at UConn in a couple years. The kid is a standout, running w/ th ball in his hands, and I can only imagine he's improved quite a bit since then. Differnet things involved from a RB though, than a QB.

I have no idea what kind of offense he's in, Dobbs, but I hope, I hope, that he's pretty good at identifying defenses on passing downs and blocking protections with his offensive line.

Because we are really thin on the depth chart at RB, and if he wants a leg up when he gets on campus, it's going to come from being able to be on the field for every down, and that means protections.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There are no trolls in this thread. There are people of disparate opinions, some biased some not, that disagree. Unfortunately, it's become handy to name someone with an opinion different from the majority as a troll.

I do wish people would stop conversing and agreeing with themselves under two different handles.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This thread is the most ridiculous thread in Boneyard history.
This sentence gets posted minimum once a week.

Reaction Score
This is a college football message board. If we can't discuss the relative merits of potential recruits to our program without personal insults getting in the way, then what's the point? Nor is it constructive to dismiss anybody who disagrees with your assessment as a troll.

I, for one, have read a lot of interesting information from people who don't agree in this thread, and have enjoyed it thoroughly. As long as people continue to discuss these kids in a respectful and fair tone, I have no problem with people making their own individual assessments.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
There are no trolls in this thread. There are people of disparate opinions, some biased some not, that disagree. Unfortunately, it's become handy to name someone with an opinion different from the majority as a troll.

I do wish people would stop conversing and agreeing with themselves under two different handles.

Name names!!!

Reaction Score
First off, I have absolutely no attachment whatsover to anything regarding recruiting, except that I'm a frothing at mouth UConn football fan, and I live in CT, and I love football, therefore high school football players, locally, tend to grab my attention. I do have an attachment to the university, being an alumni and donor.

I don't think it's a great idea to give out personal info on a website like this, just my opinion.

Lastly, I have yet to see Boeing Brown play the game. From what I understand, the kid is big, and can throw and understands the game. It's what i've written before. A guy like that can have immediate impact on the program, and if I had my way, all homegrown prospects would wear the blue and white, so I hope he goes to UCOnn even though I haven't seen him, and I will still hope so, after I see him.

But - when it comes to evaluating the position, QB.....toughness, leadership, accuracy. That's what you look for in a QB. You don't know until you see them in the game.

I've seen Cochran play. He's got all three. I haven't seen Brown play yet, so can't say if he's got all three.

As for Dobbs, since he was brought up, I saw this kid play once, and only once, and it was a random thing and I didn't know who he was, jsut saw the kid carrying the ball. But I said to myself, that's a kid we need at UConn in a couple years. The kid is a standout, running w/ th ball in his hands, and I can only imagine he's improved quite a bit since then. Differnet things involved from a RB though, than a QB.

I have no idea what kind of offense he's in, Dobbs, but I hope, I hope, that he's pretty good at identifying defenses on passing downs and blocking protections with his offensive line.

Because we are really thin on the depth chart at RB, and if he wants a leg up when he gets on campus, it's going to come from being able to be on the field for every down, and that means protections.

I don't think we're thin at TB for '12. We'll return the Big East's leading rusher and DJ Shoemate, plus three potential players from this year's freshman class (Foxx, Lee and Delorenzo), plus Hyppolite who hopefully won't miss all of camp and part of the season. Frankly, in '12 I think TB goes from being a big question mark to a position of strength.

That having been said, I think Dobbs does have the potential to be a real good player for us, and if it's as a true frosh, well, so be it.

Reaction Score
This thread proves pretty clearly that there are risks involved when critiquing potential recruits to the university. Hopefully Boeing will consider coming here and proving himself, because we already know that Connecticut players have had great support from our fanbase and have proven they can compete nationally. I think it would be naive to assume that the same level of scrutiny wouldn't be equal or greater at any of the other interested schools once the player got there either. I'll bet it happens earlier with their homegrown athletes as well, but I can understand why even objective criticism might come across as insensitive. Gotta have a special kind of armor to be a QB, and a lot of self-confidence. Orlovsky had talent but he worked like heck to make himself better, Fincher too until their weaknesses became strengths. So anything is possible.

BTW he was at Penn St this weekend. Seems like a fine young man though I don't agree with any narrow interpretation of what went on there- http://www.newstimes.com/sports/article/Brown-makes-Penn-State-trip-in-aftermath-of-one-2273041.php

Reaction Score
I didn't see this as a narrow interpretation at all. Actually, one of his quotes: "I thought how cool it would be to play down there, but you're still turned off by the fact that a place could allow one man to do that to children.", I interpreted as him having a pretty good grasp of what the situation is. It was one mans action, but a whole group of people (a place) that allowed this to happen and continue to happen.

I'm glad he went to the game, glad he experienced it, and glad he's turning over every stone in the recruitment process. I would love to see BB come to UConn, I hope he does, but I respect the fact that he is taking it all in, and enjoying this experience. He should take all of his official visits, he's earned that. He should make a fully informed decision on where he chooses to attend college. So when he does select his home state University ;) there is no doubt!! I wish him all the best whatever he decides.

Reaction Score
I am not an expert on this subject and was wondering if someone could help answer this. It seems like Boeing has taken multiple unofficial visits to schools. My questions are, isn't there a maximum number of official visits potential recruits are allowed to make? Is there a specific time period where institutions are allowed to host recruits on official visits? And lastly, has Boeing taken any official visits yet? Thanks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he has been to nwest and nd as well i believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom