Boeing Brown | The Boneyard

Boeing Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was a write up on Scout, from the article it seems as though he wants to leave the state, I know it's just the writer's point of view, I'm just saying that's what I took from reading the article, no mention of Uconn whatsoever

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
who was the writer? i have noticed that alot of media is from south cary ppl so its spun heavy for them and uconn doesn't exist on purpose. he seems to favor a big time atmosphere but also likes uconn. parents want him home can't hurt!

Reaction Score
I predict Boeing will have an offer by the end of May. There, call me miss Cleo...I read the tarot cards. let's all focus on this closing out this class strong before we worry about February 2013. The debate can continue on February 2nd. Kid has a lot of good things going for him and if he continues on the bright path he has started on, I doubt anyone from the uconn staff will fail to notice. I'm looking forward to seeing the offense til he signs on the dotted line.

Reaction Score
who was the writer? i have noticed that alot of media is from south cary ppl so its spun heavy for them and uconn doesn't exist on purpose. he seems to favor a big time atmosphere but also likes uconn. parents want him home can't hurt!

Beth Long wrote the article, she's a Cuse alum, but covers a lot of PSU, MD and NE regional recruits.

Reaction Score
It's strange, but yesterday's NH Register listed around 25 QB'S as 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team, plus honorable mention. Brown was not listed at all.
Not sure what that means but, I would think some coaches would've voted for him.

Reaction Score
It's strange, but yesterday's NH Register listed around 25 QB'S as 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team, plus honorable mention. Brown was not listed at all.
Not sure what that means but, I would think some coaches would've voted for him.

I noticed that too. It just goes to show you how important these camps and combines are from a recruiting standpoint. Recruiters seem to put more stock in how a kid does at a camp, then in actual game situations. Brown is considered a top-recruit on many boards, but statistically you wouldn't think so. He was 24th in attempts, 32nd in completions, 30th in passing yards, 45th in completion %, and 41st in passer rating among all QB's in CT this season. Among Junior QB's in CT, he was 9th in attempts, 10th in completions, 9th in passing yards, 27th in completion %, and 26th in passer rating. In the SWC, which in all honesty was weak this season, he was 6th in passing yards. It's hard to vote him All State when there are five kids in his league who were statistically better against similar competition. I've already voiced my feeling on his recruitment by the UConn staff, so I won't go there again. However, I have to give the kid credit for marketing himself through Facebook, Youtube, and the combine circuit. It allowed him to get his name out there. He passes the eye test, his highlight videos look good, and he performs very well at various camps and combines. He will earn a D1 scholarship somewhere. I have to admit his ability to market himself is pretty impressive. I wish him well.

Reaction Score
Kris,

How did Cochran compare to Brown in the state rankings?

Casey was 15th in attempts, 11th in completions, 2nd in yards, 1st in completion %, and 1st in passer rating among all CT QBs in 2011. In the SWC, Casey was 3rd in attempts, 2nd in completions, 1st in yards, 1st in completion %, and 1st in passer rating.

Casey was also 2nd in TD passes and rushed for 4 TDs. Boeing was 38th in TD passes and ran for 2 TDs.

Casey threw 37 TDs with 6 INTs, Boeing threw 10 TDs with 9 INTs.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the two from MaxPreps:
http://www.maxpreps.com/local/playe...hlete2id=3c35fd4f-2442-4e30-91a0-e09534716baa

Reaction Score
Casey's numbers were down this season compared to 2010, but Masuk had more rushing yards in 2011 (241 for 2383) then they did in 2010 (310 for 2046). In 2010 Casey averaged 257.3 Yds/g, Masuk average 157 Yds/g rushing. He threw 40 TDs against 7 INTs, with a passer rating of 136. In 2011 Casey averaged 255.6 Yds/g, Masuk averaged 199 Yds/g rushing. He thew 37 TDs against 6 INTs, with a passer rating of 139.

Reaction Score
Actually, I was wrong once, but it turned out I was mistaken.

Of course, I never admitted to either on this board.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm a little suprised. i watch the usce site everyonce in a while to check the chat about him and hes in the 5-10 group of qbs on the depth chart down there from what it seems. they have offered the first couple on the depth chart from what posters say. i was under the impression he had some more big time offers already. of that group i would hope that his dad sends him down to ucf considering. i think he will get alot more big time offers but just suprised so far i guess. why come out with this now on espn all of a sudden? also i guess its interesting that no schools around here have offered yet??? considering there are other qbs in the same class from CT who have offers or heavy interest.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Actually, I was wrong once, but it turned out I was mistaken.

Of course, I never admitted to either on this board.

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
It could also be that he is looking at the UCONN quarterback situation and sees a JUCO with 3 years of eligibility, a sophomore with 3-4 years (depending if he redshirts THIS year), and a freshman who was rated pretty far above him on most factors, plus McCummings and said heck, I might be lucky to see the field until my senior year, if then. Maybe I should look somewhere else where I have a better shot of playing sooner.

Reaction Score
Boeing Brown and his family are great people. I wish the best for them whatever they decide.

Come to UConn, Boeing! ;)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
boeing has over 4 bcs offers now. most are not public. he has also got interest/facetime from big time schools that most in new england never get. stop the hating(the couple of u that do), kid has more bcs offers already than any one else in the state. there are 2 for sure bcs qbs in 2013 and possibly a 3rd imho. i would like to land 1 of boeing or boyle. both would be huge gets considering they have other offers. if its a 2qb class then i would like a prep/juco with a ct qb.

Reaction Score
Dan, re: the silent offers...not saying Boeing doesn't have the offers, but his family markets him very well. Take some things you read with a grain of salt. Might be true, might not.

Reaction Score
boeing has over 4 bcs offers now. most are not public. I don't know any that are public? Care to provide the school(s) that are public?

he has also got interest/facetime from big time schools that most in new england never get. That is what we hear, as this publicity train has been ongoing for over a year.

stop the hating(the couple of u that do), kid has more bcs offers already than any one else in the state. there are 2 for sure bcs qbs in 2013 and possibly a 3rd imho. i would like to land 1 of boeing or boyle. both would be huge gets considering they have other offers. if its a 2qb class then i would like a prep/juco with a ct qb.

OK, so I am not a hater by any means. I actually tailgate with a guy that walked Boeing personally through the Huskies Locker room at one of the games last year. I heard he is a great kid. But count me as very confused in regards to his recruitment. It has been extremely public, as articles from the various school sites have been numerous. I can't remember this many articles concerning a CT kid's recruitment since Hernandez, and he was a 5 star. So, he probably has 25 articles out on the WWW concerning his recruitment, he answers the phone and does every interview requested (it seems), but when it comes to offers, he is not going public? Count me as VERY skeptical.

Reaction Score
The NH Register lists about 25 QB's that were either on the 1st 3 teams plus honorable mention. I know little of Brown, but it's very curious that he wasn't listed even in honorable mention.
I know these all state things can be a popularity contest. But, if 1 coach voted for Brown he would have at least made honorable mention.
Apparently, not even 1 coach within his conference voted for him. But, yet he shines at these combines. Something is not right here. Having never seen him play I have no idea if he's either drastically overrated by some. Or, a misjustice is being done to him by others.
Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34