Bob Diaco Post-Game Press Conference - UCF | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco Post-Game Press Conference - UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
All true but you left out the word 'crony' in sentence No. 2.

This is my concern.

I worry that BD went through his career with many mentors who helped him along. And when he got a top job he paid these mentors back with a job at UConn. Obviously this is fine if it works. But it is better to have people around you who don't owe you and will give you an honest and sometime differing opinion. People with different experiences is a good thing. That's why diversity is a good thing.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Todd Orlando, DC at Houston, makes almost as much as UConn's OC and DC combined. UConn's assistants are paid about middle of the road in the AAC.

I'm not. Those are the numbers. For example, Matt Ruhle at Temple is making ~$2.5 million. Chad Morris at SMU is being paid ~$2.6 million. So, yes, Diaco is at the low end of the AAC.

Bingo. You get what you pay for. If we continue to prioritize football third on athletic department list we will continue to struggle. We have the largest AD budget in the entire G5...BY FAR...and yet we are not coming remotely close to properly investing in the only sport that can get us out of the AAC. That needs to change ASAP.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I drank the Diaco Kool-aid from Day 1, and I still think there's a decent chance UConn will go to a bowl game. I still think that a good portion of UConn's issue is execution. However, I can no longer defend Diaco against what is being said here.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what thread this should be in, but I'll stick with this one.

Today Arkell and Thomas showed they are good to very good D1 skill players who had good games. BS was adequate. The O-line was adequate and yet we put just 16 points on the board? That's all Benedict needs to know. Two bonafide D1 superior skill athletes and 16 points. If you don't have the balls/money to fire Diaco on Jan 2, then you better insist on picking the next OC in late December and give him complete control of the offense. And if HCBD does not accept then fire him for cause as per some small print point that must be in his contract, ie no payout needed.

Chriky the entertainment value of bleeding with this team is tremendous. HCBD has bled all my blood.

Energy vampire

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
72608598.jpg

Not only a lie, but if I heard the post-game presser correctly, they actually practice that play. Regularly. With the finite amount of time teams have to practice the head coach finds value in practicing fake fake FG's on special teams. Maybe, just maybe, they could practice punt return?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is my concern.

I worry that BD went through his career with many mentors who helped him along. And when he got a top job he paid these mentors back with a job at UConn. Obviously this is fine if it works. But it is better to have people around you who don't owe you and will give you an honest and sometime differing opinion. People with different experiences is a good thing. That's why diversity is a good thing.
Agreed 100%. Verducci has a lot of experience and probably is good with players one on one and has other good qualities. But that doesn't mean he's the best man for the coordinator position. Hopefully Benedict can get Diaco to go outside of his comfort zone as far as next year's staff.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
On other websites they're making fun of the Civil Conflict trophy. I guess UCF didn't bother to pick it up.

Diaco has caused us to be a laughingstock.

Ugh.

Reaction Score
On other websites they're making fun of the Civil Conflict trophy. I guess UCF didn't bother to pick it up.

Ugh.

Just another sign they showed no respect for UConn as a program. We have fallen so bad that UCF is now giving us no respect. It is pathetic how far down PP and Diaco have taken this program.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Ugh.

Not picking up and taking that lame brain inspired piece of garbage trophy was a stroke of genius on UCF's part. Not only do they beat us on the field, they also rub our Husky snouts in the mud afterward.

Reaction Score
Not picking up and taking that lame brain inspired piece of garbage trophy was a stroke of genius on UCF's part. Not only do they beat us on the field, they also rub our Husky snouts in the mud afterward.
My guess and hope is the basketball programs will try to pay back. Will be hard to humiliate to the point it gets press coverage. Diaco got the Civil Conflict in the history books. What an idiot. He'll probably hear about it forever now.

Good going, Bob. We're going to need someone like Moorhead to redirect image. Bob's a freaking clown.

Reaction Score
We can't keep doing the same things we keep doing every week without adjustment except if we keep not adjusting and thinking it'll all be ok because everyone is trying really hard.

I don't know where this athletic department keeps finding these thick headed coaches who can't adjust in-game or week-to-week to save their lives. Seems like every other staff (college and pro) are playing chess, and UConn staffs are always playing checkers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"We have to win games. I'm not an idiot, I get that."

He sounds like a guy who knows hasn't been doing the job and has no idea how fix things.

Reaction Score
Todd Orlando, DC at Houston, makes almost as much as UConn's OC and DC combined. UConn's assistants are paid about middle of the road in the AAC.

I'm not disagreeing with the point that our assistants may be underpaid. But I wonder how much Houston is paying their men's and women's basketball staffs compared to ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom