Boatright | The Boneyard

Boatright

Reaction Score
His kid is an absolute warrior out there. He is taking multiple hits a game. Dyson 2.0

Say what you want to say about his play occasionally but you can't question how hard he plays all the time.
Dyson 2.0 is exactly what I was thinking in terms of toughness when he dove for that loose ball going out of bounds.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Daniels, Boatright, and Napier are learning how to beat a zone...finally.

Reaction Score
Tough kid. Had some good shots tonight too. Love that he is very reliable at the line.

Reaction Score
His handle isn't as good as he think it is. He needs to stop dribbling into traffic. Otherwise, he has greatly improved and could be the man if he comes back next year.

Reaction Score
His handle isn't as good as he think it is. He needs to stop dribbling into traffic. Otherwise, he has greatly improved and could be the man if he comes back next year.
"IF" he comes back?? Unless he wants his basketball future to be in Turkey, he's coming back next year. Same for Daniels. Neither one of these guys is even remotely close to NBA ready.

Reaction Score
He often gets past his defense man initially but seems to take one too many dribbles most times. If he can develop a consistent pull up from free throw line distance he can be deadly

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've always been a Boat fan. He has a motor and he plays hard all the time. He's gotten tons better at not being out of control.

He really needs to work on a quicker release on his shot this summer. That three that was blocked took forever to get out of his hand. DD can get away with a slow release because he's 9 inches taller. Boat's just too short not to have an ultra fast trigger.

Reaction Score
His 8 foot pull up and elevation is his best weapon and he needs to use that more often……..he played very hard last night no doubt.

Still will need to be a much better decision maker to play the point next year and anywhere else in the future. Weird player, but glad he's ours.

Reaction Score
His 8 foot pull up and elevation is his best weapon and he needs to use that more often……..he played very hard last night no doubt.

Still will need to be a much better decision maker to play the point next year and anywhere else in the future. Weird player, but glad he's ours.
He's growing. Point Guard is hard to learn when you're a natural scorer; and it's not like he's gotten a lot of time to actually run the point through mistakes, since Napier has been great 2 out of Boatright's 3 years.

Reaction Score
He's growing. Point Guard is hard to learn when you're a natural scorer; and it's not like he's gotten a lot of time to actually run the point through mistakes, since Napier has been great 2 out of Boatright's 3 years.

Oh I agree but it's obviously not natural for his game……like I said having wings on either side who can take guys off the dribble and create like DHama nd Rodney next year as well as improved DD and bigs will make it somewhat easier…….but if he were in Bazz's spot this year with a lot of "stand and shoot" guys we wouldn't be talking about the NCAA tourney. He has a ways to go and i hope he works like heck over the summer in leagues on this……..

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Boat should come back. He needs a year to flourish as the main PG in the system. However, if Purvis has been playing PG at practice you gotta wonder if he is going to step into that role.

Boat played great yesterday.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't think it is a matter of IF. In my not-in-the-least-bit-expert opinion, Boatright's draft status has probably regressed. It's remained static at best, which means he is still a second round prospect. A Junior SG does not declare a year early with his line. He'll be the second coming of Victor Page (basketball-wise) if he does.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He wears the same number as Dyson as well. Not sure if it's a coincidence of if Dyson was one of his more admired UConn players.

Reaction Score
Before being Dyson 2.0, he needs to have at least two teeth knocked out during the game and come back in.

Reaction Score
I will not be upset at Boat if he declares. God bless him. He's earned my support in whatever decision he makes. And, who knows what will happen in the post season and whether Boat / DD catch a hot streak and earn a draft pick. BTW, Boat reminds me a lot of a skinny Ty Lawson; and he's a lot more under control this year, shooting 3 shots less per game from last year.

Reaction Score
People are crazy if they think Boatright is going to go. He needs next year. A lot of situations I can agree that another year isn't going to change anything after a player's junior year, but this will be Ryan's opportunity to be the team's table setter and leader. Shabazz has had that role for Boatright's entire time on the team. Next year will give him time to grow and improve his game.

Reaction Score
People are crazy if they think Boatright is going to go. He needs next year. A lot of situations I can agree that another year isn't going to change anything after a player's junior year, but this will be Ryan's opportunity to be the team's table setter and leader. Shabazz has had that role for Boatright's entire time on the team. Next year will give him time to grow and improve his game.

I don't think people think he'll get drafted, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he declares and ends up making money in Europe next season.

Reaction Score
The thing for Boat is he's kind of been in the shadow of Bazz so it really is a chance to jump out and run his own team. Also I think he likes school a lot and the team so I am sure this will be a difficult decision. Best one is stay but he has to do what's best in his mind!

Reaction Score
He has gotten his dribble under control and shoots reliably from inside and from the line. If he stays he could at point with RP to improve leadership, passing and reliable outside shooting skills. He makes progression there and then he is driving the bus.

Reaction Score
I cannot believe anyone in their right mind thinks Boat will go to the NBA. He will NEVER be in the NBA.
He's 5'9" at best and is not a good PG. At his size you must be an outstanding player which he is not and a dynamite PG which he is not also. He is physically gifted but he will never see the the light of the NBA
Remove giant rose colored glasses please

Funny reading through this I don't believe there's one mention of anyone confident of him and the NBA…….

So what's your point?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom