Bo Pellini... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bo Pellini...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well Bonehead, it's just my assessment. I say Diaco ends up a better head coach hire than Pellini. As for Herbst v Tressel, She is a brilliant academic, excellent administrator and an empowering leader. He's a football coach who is now the president of Youngstown St.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well Bonehead, it's just my assessment. I say Diaco ends up a better head coach hire than Pellini. As for Herbst v Tressel, She is a brilliant academic, excellent administrator and an empowering leader. He's a football coach who is now the president of Youngstown St.
But who has the better sweater vest?

Reaction Score
Sheesh! - makes UConn 's woes look like a teapot in a tempest ...

been reading a lot of stuff written by UNL fans, never realized what a sorry lot they are. That program's best days are behind it, I think that's the ultimate story.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
been reading a lot of stuff written by UNL fans, never realized what a sorry lot they are. That program's best days are behind it, I think that's the ultimate story.
They've sold out every home game since 1961 and their traveling fan base is legendary. I would be thrilled if our fan base was that sorry of a lot.

Additionally, the coach they recently dismissed went on a rant 15 months ago telling the fan base they could all F@#& off.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Going from Nebraska to Youngstown is a mistake.

If he'd just been patient, someone a lot higher up would have thrown a job at him.

Reaction Score
For those of you who questioned my prior harshness in characterizing Pelini as a bad guy, this "statesmanlike" farewell discussion with his players, where he called out the AD as a p**sy and a c**t, should help explain it. Youngstown football parents must be so darn proud to welcome him aboard. The man should not be coaching football.

Reaction Score
For those of you who questioned my prior harshness in characterizing Pelini as a bad guy, this "statesmanlike" farewell discussion with his players, where he called out the AD as a p**sy and a c**t, should help explain it. Youngstown football parents must be so darn proud to welcome him aboard. The man should not be coaching football.

maybe the AD is a c**t. We had one of those here.

Reaction Score

If that is how he felt, and it sounds like he'd have no problem telling the man to his face, you have to respect it. Is it professional? Hell no, but he wears his heart on his sleeve, that is part of what you get when you hire someone like that. You don't think Jim Calhoun ever called someone a P? Prolly said it every day at practice.

Reaction Score

If Edsall called Hathaway those names then the Boneyard would have built Your Beloved a a statue.

Sounds like the Nebraska AD is a piece of work.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

His language bothers me none at all. You ever been in a Jim Calhoun practice about a week before conference starts? I don't care what words he uses to the players, but he also has to understand how to be "political". To not understand that, is indicative that the coach does not understand today's college football environment. It makes me question that coach's ability to teach young men to make good decisions outside of just football. It is unfortunate to an extent, but coaches at big time schools are way more in the public eye than they used to be.

Reaction Score
You can't have any college employee calling people C***s when addressing students.

And yeah, this is a problem for Youngstown.

That being said, I really don't care to read that article right now, but about Nebraska fans, they are known as the most polite fans anyone anywhere comes across.

Reaction Score
You can't have any college employee calling people C***s when addressing students.

That being said, I really don't care to read that article right now, but about Nebraska fans, they are known as the most polite fans anyone anywhere comes across.

the use of the word is unfortunate, but obviously there was a lot behind the scenes there. The AD sounds like a jerk.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The sheer number of professors who sleep with students always makes me laugh at statements like this.

Oh no the football coach uses bad words!

Reaction Score

I'd pony up some serious dough to get Pelini hired here.

Reaction Score

Amazing. All those years with Calhoun. We had a huge problem and never addressed it. Shame on us.

Reaction Score
Amazing. All those years with Calhoun. We had a huge problem and never addressed it. Shame on us.

Whaler must have slept with a professor.

He was in school 40 years ago.

I swear all the time in class. All the time. No problems with Calhoun swearing whatsoever.

That being said, I would no sooner utter the C-word as I would utter the N-word. Misogyny and racism don't go over well on college campuses.

If you can't see the distinction between and C***, I can't help you.

Reaction Score

I swear all the time in class. All the time. No problems with Calhoun swearing whatsoever.

That being said, I would no sooner utter the C-word as I would utter the N-word. Misogyny and racism don't go over well on college campuses.

I've personally heard JC utter the word p*$$y on more than one occasion. Any difference?

Reaction Score
I've personally heard JC utter the word p*$$y on more than one occasion. Any difference?

Well, they mean something totally different, and P is a tad less offensive, but yeah, in this climate, you're in trouble. You can't do it.

It should go without saying that you can't disparage half of the people at the school in your official capacity.

Reaction Score
He was already fired, the time for political correctness had passed. If Nebraska fans and boosters are as polite as you say then they did a bad job hiring him as he is a bad fit. Someone like Diaco or the old Vandy coach who never used profanity would have been a better fit. Ollie doesn't use profanity. I won't be a hypocrite on this. Calhoun's tirades during games made grandmothers gasp and I'm not exaggerating. It never bothered me personally when he did it, but I give you it was unprofessional what Pellini did.

Reaction Score
He was already fired, the time for political correctness had passed. If Nebraska fans and boosters are as polite as you say then they did a bad job hiring him as he is a bad fit. Someone like Diaco or the old Vandy coach who never used profanity would have been a better fit. Ollie doesn't use profanity. I won't be a hypocrite on this. Calhoun's tirades during games made grandmothers gasp and I'm not exaggerating. It never bothered me personally when he did it, but I give you it was unprofessional what Pellini did.

You hire a fiery guy, you gotta expect fiery antics.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well it was 20.

I know current college professors who openly brag about their conquests. I've seen the pictures and texts. Big name prestegious university.

I have a half dozen female friends who admit to it.

So let's be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69