Blumenthal... | The Boneyard

Blumenthal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
His intervention in 2003 might have saved our BCS bid short-term but potentially screwed us in the a this time around. He better not raise a finger without a permission slip from Herbst.

Reaction Score
images

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Pick up the phone and grovel. Just do it. Say "hey guys, sorry bout that whole lawsuit thing, I kinda had some harsh words back then but perhaps I was a little much. My bad."

Whatever it takes to mend fences and get us in to the ACC I'm in favor of.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Has absolutely nothing to do with the current expansion, why we didn't get invited, and why Pitt and 'Cuse got invited first. Pitt was involved just as much as UConn was in the lawsuit and they're already in the ACC.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The state had spent $150,000,000 in facilities ALONE to get UConn into a BCS conference. Those 3 leaving meant that they stood to lose out on millions in BCS money. It would have been ridiculous to just let them leave scott-free.

His only regret should be that the case never went to court.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'm grateful it's not an election year for Blumenthal. If it was he'd have his mug all over the media about this issue.

Reaction Score
I'm grateful it's not an election year for Blumenthal. If it was he'd have his mug all over the media about this issue.

Yes a definite bright spot in this nightmare. I applaud all of our legislators for not sticking their noses in here. Of course it could be something as simple as they aren't paying attention yet. :cool:

Reaction Score
Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. Dick Sue-them-all didn't do us any favors. There isn't a lawsuit that Leatherface doesn't love.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Dick's suing Google right now. Raking them over the coals in the Senate hearings.

What ACC?

Reaction Score
Dick's suing Google right now. Raking them over the coals in the Senate hearings.

What ACC?

You know he's not Attorney General, right? Normally, I don't criticize people for positions they don't hold but hey, what do I know.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If UConn is left without a league, I expect that Blumenthal will call everyone into congress. Scorched earth at that point.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
You know he's not Attorney General, right? Normally, I don't criticize people for positions they don't hold but hey, what do I know.

Does Dick know this?

Blumenthal Compares Google To A Racetrack Owner

blumiegoogle2-488x287.jpg

As Connecticut’s attorney general Richard Blumenthal took Google to task for gathering unprotected wireless information during its collection of data for “Street View.” As a member of a Senate antitrust subcommittee, Blumenthal Wednesday took the Internet giant to task again for its search policies—this time face to face.

Google’s Chairman Eric Schmidt appeared before the subcommittee to defend the company against allegations it employs anti-competitive tactics in its searches or dealings with other Internet companies.

Halfway through the three-hour hearing, which was streamed over the Internet, Blumenthal compared Google to a racetrack owner.
“You run the race track. You own the race track. For a long time you had no horses. Now you have horses and have control over where those horses are placed and your horses seem to be winning,“ Blumenthal told Schmidt.

“What a lot of these questions raise is a potential conflict of interest to use a sort of pejorative, but not necessarily to be critical. You may have great products and you place them first and you may consider that a service to consumers, but inevitably that will stimulate the kind of criticism that has brought you here today,” Blumenthal said

RS9999X

Reaction Score
Next up on the anti-trust docket: The BCS selection and finance process, Unless the ACC calls :)

Would you want to be on the BCS Commitee if the BE loses its BCS AQ bid and Blumenthal is holding the anti-trust hearings?

It's no time to be cute about it. Call in the big guns.

What's that old Capital City joke in Hartford? The most dangerous place in CT is coming between Dick Blumenthal and a TV camera.

Reaction Score
First, if this lawsuit several years ago, had any bearing on UConn getting into the ACC we would have known by now.
After all, the ACC turned down WV for whatever reason. They have not turned UConn down. The ACC will eventually make a business decision on UConn's acceptance, or non acceptance. It won't be based on a previous lawsuit.
Those who bring up that lawsuit are bcu fans who wouldn't want UConn in the ACC anyways. Let's face it, 12 years ago when UConn was exploring the possibility of moving up in football, the main dissenters, in those early days of message boards, were bcu fans. They never wanted the competetion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom