Blue Lot-Grey Lot-Red Lot | The Boneyard

Blue Lot-Grey Lot-Red Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought I would take a poll while were waiting for the season to start.
Which lot do you prefer at The Rent and why? I see pros and cons with each!
Blue Lot-
PROS: Well the prestige goes a long way to have that lot but that's mostly the biggest advantage. Also, you have the tailgaters that come early and stay late, which means you don't get harassed by the State Police if you want to hang out longer b4 and after the game. (They usually clear out Red and Grey prior to giving the people in Blue a hard time to leave, which buys you some more drinking or sobering up time, whichever you prefer or need).
CONS: You get packed in like sardines and have NO room to move around, toss a FB of whatever... Also, the chix are typically older/not as good looking as a whole, just bcuz you need to donate more $$$ for Blue passes and 25 y/o's typically dont spend their xtra $$ on Athletic Dept donations! I HAVE seen some pretty hot 30something 3rdbass's out there quite a few times though.....
Grey Lot-
PROS:Just as close to the Stadium as Blue in most cases and you can get them by just being a loyal multi-year season ticket holder w/ out a donation, although it helps. The new section of Grey from last year is pretty mint. Has trees to shield you from the sun/wind. MUCH more room to spread out than what Blue offers you.
CONS: Not many, but I did notice that the State Troopers were much more aggressive in clearing out the lot IMMEDIATELY after each game last year, compared to years past. If there was a con, they make you walk all the way around up top Blue lot if you park in the trees even though the student entrance on the Grey side is closer (They dont want people blocking traffic as they cross the entry lanes). Also, it might take a bit longer to get out if you leave right after the game than Blue Lot.
Red Lot (The Bad Lands)-
PROS: Some wild partying out there and not a TON of tailgating. I have seen more chix willing to show off their business out there after a few drinks than ANY other lot. In fact, I've NEVER seen it in any lot other than Red!
CONS: Its the wild wild west out there and most tailgaters are new to the craft and dont tie down tents etc... I have seen MANY a tent flyin in my day. Oh, and just so you know, the guy who's tent hit you car is not required to give you any insurance information bcuz the wind is an "act of God" or at least thats what the troopers said when the owners of some dented up cars returned!

Full disclosure, I have Blue Passes but park in Grey. Reason: I Just like the extra room there to throw the ball around and play mad drinking games. The chix seem to be a lot hotter/younger there than Blue Lot as well. I have had passes in ALL three lots over the years and have met some great people at The Rent! Cant wait for the season to start!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Red Lot (The Bad Lands)

All day, everyday. 8 years and counting!

Sure, it does suck having to walk for what seems like forever to get into The Rent, but the tailgating atmosphere can't be matched.

Reaction Score
None of the above:

Aero Club

Pros: Cheaper, easier in/out, ALL games allowed, saving spots allowed. Wife friendly (see below). Stay late if you want, rumor has it real bathrooms available in one of the buildings.

Cons: Not a ton of eye candy, no showing of the business, but the wives are ok with that

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I was a blue lot guy for the first 7 or so years - although I sometimes had to park on the runway in red lot and walk over to Blue. Once our tailgating group got a taste of the Aero Club, we don't bother with the Blue. If the fans of the Aero Club keep touting it, it's going to start selling out.

Reaction Score
Red Lot (The Bad Lands)

All day, everyday. 8 years and counting!

Sure, it does suck having to walk for what seems like forever to get into The Rent, but the tailgating atmosphere can't be matched.
----------------------------------
Seriously!! Eight yearn in The Bad Lands??!! Thats like doing a year in solitary at Sing Sing!! I only survived 2 years out there.
You need to get a tat w/ a hash mark for each year. You'll get mad street cred!!

Reaction Score
I was a blue lot guy for the first 7 or so years - although I sometimes had to park on the runway in red lot and walk over to Blue. Once our tailgating group got a taste of the Aero Club, we don't bother with the Blue. If the fans of the Aero Club keep touting it, it's going to start selling out.

You're right, but if it doesn't sell out by 8:30 am, I'll be ok.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Park in VIP numbered spot allows for halftime tailgate. >anywhere

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
----------------------------------
Seriously!! Eight yearn in The Bad Lands??!! Thats like doing a year in solitary at Sing Sing!! I only survived 2 years out there.
You need to get a tat w/ a hash mark for each year. You'll get mad street cred!!

You're not tough enough if you can't handle Red Lot for more than 2 years. :) That's where it's at! It's like reliving college all over again each game! I love it out there. Granted, my wife's having our kid in August, our first, so I might not enjoy Red Lot at all once our daughter gets old enough to attend her first UConn game. Unfortunately, I'll be watching UConn from home this season or else I'd be rocking Red Lot for one last year!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
At Memorial wasn't it the drink lot?!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're not tough enough if you can't handle Red Lot for more than 2 years. :) That's where it's at! It's like reliving college all over again each game! I love it out there. Granted, my wife's having our kid in August, our first, so I might not enjoy Red Lot at all once our daughter gets old enough to attend her first UConn game. Unfortunately, I'll be watching UConn from home this season or else I'd be rocking Red Lot for one last year!

Congrats on the kid. No reason not to go to games. My wife was lucky to skip one game because she was extremely pregnant and the weather blew. Pittsburgh in 2008. One of the all time debacles.

Reaction Score
Congratulations

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I have parked in each lot....even the Bad Lands, I will not speak of those days. I still miss Purple Lot, but for me it is Gray All Day.
That one year with Purple was nice!

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I have the blue parking but park in red so I can tailgate with friends who don't have a parking pass

Reaction Score
On homecoming, red lot is where it's at. However, as I get further and further removed from graduating from UCONN, that long walk to the stadium just get worse.

Reaction Score
On homecoming, red lot is where it's at. However, as I get further and further removed from graduating from UCONN, that long walk to the stadium just get worse.
===========================================
For Whaler Fest a couple of years ago, Red lot was where all the parking was. At night it was like wind chills below zero! Walking to the stadium was like the longest walk of my life that night!!

Reaction Score
============================
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT MY FRIEND...... The kids did me in as well! Now I have to PRETEND to be that responsible Dad out there. The Bad Lands is the place I no longer speak of.......

Reaction Score
As a visitor the Aero Club is awesome. Cheap, grassy fields, heated indoor bathroom...and quick escapes out the back. Within walking distance of two motels too. In fact I rate the Aero Club the best visiting lot in the Big East for visiting fans and gameday cash lot for locals.

My impression of the blue lot walking in from the Aero Club was it kinda sucked. Way too many cars in too small of a place. No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom