Blog from Nicole Kornet of UCLA re: sticking it out | The Boneyard

Blog from Nicole Kornet of UCLA re: sticking it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. I don't know what kind of a basketball player Nicole Kornet is, but I am pretty confident that she is going to be a terrific writer, leader, or just about anything else she puts her mind to. What emotional insight!

Reaction Score
Great sentiment-- and not just for elite, Div. I athletes but for all young people who want to quit when something isn't easy any more.

Reaction Score
Wow. I don't know what kind of a basketball player Nicole Kornet is, but I am pretty confident that she is going to be a terrific writer, leader, or just about anything else she puts her mind to. What emotional insight!

We definitely feel very lucky out here in Westwood to have Nicole.

Reaction Score
I would point out that Nicole was a first team Academic All-Big 12 selection as a Junior at Oklahoma, and a second team Academic All-Big 12 choice as a sophomore. Looking at her numbers, I feel pretty confident is saying she got these awards because she is really smart. It shows in her blog.

Reaction Score
I would point out that Nicole was a first team Academic All-Big 12 selection as a Junior at Oklahoma, and a second team Academic All-Big 12 choice as a sophomore. Looking at her numbers, I feel pretty confident is saying she got these awards because she is really smart. It shows in her blog.
...or at least Hard Working. It's when the two get together that Geniuses are made. Regardless, a great read from quite an individual.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Megan Walker, have you read this?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

This blog should be "MANDATORY" reading for ALL female high school recruits. Kornet takes off the gloves, and tells it like it is. She says things here that are real, and that none of the coaches at your schools of interest will say to you. A future reality that you need to know about BEFORE you sign that letter of intent. Maybe some of the many young ladies that transferred to other programs the last 3 years would have benefited from this blog. Fore warned is fore armed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Very interesting that she said "eventually you have to stick up for yourself." Not a very flattering thing to imply about the OU program, which I enjoy seeing after all the abuse that Mulkey takes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So those players who don't choose this school or that school because "they want to be divas," "they want to be the star," "they are afraid of hard work" or "don't want to win a championship" sometimes are just smart enough to know when a university just seems like the "right fit" for them.

Reaction Score
So those players who don't choose this school or that school because "they want to be divas," "they want to be the star," "they are afraid of hard work" or "don't want to win a championship" sometimes are just smart enough to know when a university just seems like the "right fit" for them.
Yup, I guess it means they're smart enough to know where they can be a diva, be the star, and not have to work hard enough to win championships :D

Reaction Score

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I drift to wondering if Charde will one day tell HER story, cause now and then I feel a sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom