Blizzard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Your bottom picture, Nan, of the Groton side of Mystic? - for 22 years, I lived in the house (which you can't see because of the trees) behind the house that is second-from-the-right. This pic brings back many, many memories.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Can't say I am regretting my decision to hang in South East Asia for a few months just at the moment! Love heavy snow when it is happening with a roaring fire inside - just not really thrilled with the following week(s) of clean-up and recovery!

Hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe and warm and the disruptions aren't too bad!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Down here around NYC now they're throwing in that most scary of all weather words: "THUNDERSNOW."

We truly are doooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Can't say I am regretting my decision to hang in South East Asia for a few months just at the moment! !
Are you in Singapore? I loved in there...most underrated city in the world IMHO. I wouldn't mind a little of that heat right now.

Reaction Score
All hunkered down here in Sterling- generators at rental property & parents' place all up and ready to go. Refrigerators stocked up. Heavy winter weather gear ready to wear. All I have to do is fuel up and I'm set.

Stay safe everyone.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's just awful here in New England :)

fall-foliage.jpg
mystic-river-Mystic-Country.jpg

My favorite part of the country.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Snow started here in Sandy Hook around 10:30 AM.

Grocery shopping is done. Bit I was surprised how crowded Big Y in Newtown was! Next stop was the liquer store for wine for the wife and bourbon for me. Bags of pellets in the garage ready to go. If we loose power, the generator kicks in and I have lights, heat, water and hot water.

Town crews are out salting and sanding the roads.

So time to break out a good book from my iPad and watch it snow!

Stay safe out there.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So ECU gets Storrs in the midst of a monster blizzard, while Stewie was just saying she was so sorry to be leaving Orlando a few days ago.

Wouldn't do a hell of a lot for the SOS, but I'm guessing there's a few Huskies that wish there could a six game stretch against UCF at UCF.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Your bottom picture, Nan, of the Groton side of Mystic? - for 22 years, I lived in the house (which you can't see because of the trees) behind the house that is second-from-the-right. This pic brings back many, many memories.
Our Fairfield County posters like to write off Southeastern CT, but it is an undeniably beautiful place to live.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
New England is gorgeous, in a way that NJ wasn't, although there was much more beauty in NJ than most folks think. My wife and I always enjoyed visiting New England, and we did quite a bit. Boston remains one of our favorite cities in many ways.

But 2 factors drove our leaving the North East, and the weather you are getting is one of them. Never liked it, never liked driving in it, and to use an old expression "I mind the cold", as does my wife. The other factor was financial; just too expensive in the NY (or Boston, as well) metropolitan areas.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Our Fairfield County posters like to write off Southeastern CT, but it is an undeniably beautiful place to live.
Not only SE CT, but, the whole eastern part is quieter, more bucolic, and lovely. Because my daughters played high school sports, and I coached, we spent many an hour on yellow buses going back n' forth to games all over eastern CT, from Woodstock and Putnam to Stonington and Lyme. Loved volleyball season, because it's mighty pretty driving around in the fall.

Reaction Score
Not only SE CT, but, the whole eastern part is quieter, more bucolic, and lovely. Because my daughters played high school sports, and I coached, we spent many an hour on yellow buses going back n' forth to games all over eastern CT, from Woodstock and Putnam to Stonington and Lyme. Loved volleyball season, because it's mighty pretty driving around in the fall.

Shhhhh....don't tell anyone, they'll all come here & ruin it!!! :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, it's Mystic. That's one of my favorite towns on the coast and our family goes there for a long weekend often during the summers. It's the first place I thought of when I wanted to post a picture of a picturesque New England shoreline town.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Yes, it's Mystic. That's one of my favorite towns on the coast and our family goes there for a long weekend often during the summers. It's the first place I thought of when I wanted to post a picture of a picturesque New England shoreline town.

I've lived in all 4 corners of the country and a couple of places in the middle. I choose to live in New England.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I've heard both MA and CT are shutdown for tomorrow. I'm non-essential (after many years of being essential), so no work tomorrow. Well I'll take the laptop home and probably get some things done, but no need to overdue it. ;)

All roads in NYC are also being shut down after 11PM... Yikes.... Never seen this before...

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
6500 flights out of NYC are canceled over the next 2 days... (The wife and I flew back from Istanbul last Tuesday night... Glad we did not extend for a week.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom